Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/19/2019 1:58:20 PM EDT
In light of what the VA HTF is doing, and being part of it myself, working in VA, I'm in the Shenandoah BB group. They're using the Signal app which is supposed to be end-to-end encrypted, both as one on one and group chats.

I think we should stand up local groups as well here in Ohio, as everyone else should. I'd also like to schedule a meet and greet, probably somewhere between dayton and troy for the miami valley group.

Divide it into localities such as the Miami valley, etc.

Noting one issue Shenandoah had, was the mixing of clean, no BS messages and BS-offtopic-nonCOC chat. They declined to stand up an offtopic, but implied regular arfcom COC for their chat.

Anyone else want to partake?

PM me your info (name, number, and location) if you'd like to be included. Unless we've met, our you can have someone vouch for you, I'm not keen on having new guys (join date, post count, EE feedback) jump in with access to our info. Nothing personal. Due to how my signal interfaces, it takes about 8-12 hours to sync with my contacts to add a new member to the chat, so bear with me. I will make contact with you via regular text message when I see your PM.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in for info.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Columbus proper, but I'm down....
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Columbus here. Intriguing
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
We'll have to get an email chain or PM me phone numbers to set it up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We'll have to get an email chain or PM me phone numbers to set it up.
View Quote
Lemme know I'll send whatever... I'd definitely be down for some rucks... Shawnee, Zaleski and a few other places are pretty doable...
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
What's all this talk of Virginia all the sudden?
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 12:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Liberal infestation from nova and richmond has come to a head. State went blue because of a very tiny landmass, population density... dirty commies want to completely fuck the place into some sjw nanny state.

They're probably going to kick off the next civil war (boogaloo) within a year when governor coonman decides to send NG troops to arrest sheriffs for not obeying his unconstitutional, bat shit crazy ramblings.

No idea how many of the LEOs will actually make good on their promises, nor how many NG will desert when faced with such orders. IMO, the LEOs are, as a group, lying for the votes to bide time. The guardsmen, as a group, should be half drunk and trying to get pussy so not paying attention to politics and will think it's cool to go arrest a sheriff.

Ideally, many commies will get tar and feathered.

That's just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I live near Granville, interested.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Liberal infestation from nova and richmond has come to a head. State went blue because of a very tiny landmass, population density... dirty commies want to completely fuck the place into some sjw nanny state.

They're probably going to kick off the next civil war (boogaloo) within a year when governor coonman decides to send NG troops to arrest sheriffs for not obeying his unconstitutional, bat shit crazy ramblings.

No idea how many of the LEOs will actually make good on their promises, nor how many NG will desert when faced with such orders. IMO, the LEOs are, as a group, lying for the votes to bide time. The guardsmen, as a group, should be half drunk and trying to get pussy so not paying attention to politics and will think it's cool to go arrest a sheriff.

That's just my 2 cents.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just my 2 cents.
Huh...?
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in, though I live in the extreme NW corner, and may actually be closer to IN or MI people.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Huh...?
View Quote
Northern Virginia (NOVA) - the bedroom community of the wretched hive of scum and villainy known as Washington D.C. - has become populated densely enough to affect statewide elections (like Chicago/Illinois).

Governor went Dem.  State Senate went Dem, State House of Reps went Dem.

They are going from 0-60 in .5 seconds introducing sweeping, very restrictive gun legislation.  VA is might go from one of the best states for gun rights to one of the worst in a month.

Lots of shit going down with citizens actively resisting, counties are revolting and declaring themselves 2nd Amendment sanctuaries, a couple counties have looked at or started forming county militias (many backed by county board and county sheriffs).  VA Governor has threatened to send in the National Guard, to take control of local law enforcement, fire all police, etc.

It's getting quite steamy down in VA.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in for some info.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Alright, to make it easy I'll settle on the Signal app (google playstore or app store, free).

I'll set up the group, but I will have to have you guys PM me your cell numbers and emails. If you'd like, include your real name for reference but understood if you don't want to (the government already has your name anyway).

I'll make up a phone roster to distribute between us all via email or PM so names/numbers can all be added to your phone contacts (for app to function properly). Then set up two chats, one for business with COC and one where anything goes.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm interested, but I'm around the Cedar Point area.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#15]
South Dayton area here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm interested, but I'm around the Cedar Point area.
View Quote
Quoted:
South Dayton area here.
View Quote
Sandusky is a bit of a distance. If more respond from your area turn it into a north zone group!

South dayton is of course near me.

Download signal and get it going! I only suggest it as it makes group chats easier and is *supposed* (I'm not qualified to determine this) to be secure. Figure it's easier now to set something up than after it's needed. VA got together pretty quickly, but would be much easier if they had already done so. Did a meet and greet with Shenandoah valley the other day. Always cool to meet the guys we talk to all the time online, even better to know people in random places. I know Ohio HTF can pull some strings when houses get blown down, legs are inoperable but you need firewood (sorry I couldn't make it, Kevin!)... or there's a machinegun shoot.

I started up a group, only one other member so far, he's up in the far NW.

ETA: shoot me a PM with your number.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m Medina Ohio i prefer this area as well as Ashland ohio.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’m Medina Ohio i prefer this area as well as Ashland ohio.
View Quote
Do it up. Let's make it a whopping four members!
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#19]
IM sent- guys, this is an important thing to have in our back pocket (literally). Its difficult to organize overnight, the VA bros got caught with their pants down.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In light of what the VA HTF is doing, and being part of it myself, working in VA, I'm in the Shenandoah BB group. They're using the Signal app which is supposed to be end-to-end encrypted, both as one on one and group chats.

I think we should stand up local groups as well here in Ohio, as everyone else should. I'd also like to schedule a meet and greet, probably somewhere between dayton and troy for the miami valley group.

Divide it into localities such as the Miami valley, etc.

Noting one issue Shenandoah had, was the mixing of clean, no BS messages and BS-offtopic-nonCOC chat. They declined to stand up an offtopic, but implied regular arfcom COC for their chat.

Anyone else want to partake?
View Quote
IM sent

Central Ohio or Eastern Ohio region.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Hit me with any pertinent info, please.  I'm in the Akron/Canton area.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Bumping this up.  OP, if you're still entertaining this idea, let me know and I'll forward you my pertinent info.

Everyone else, if you haven't seen what the VBB did in VA yesterday, look into it.  They made a big impact on a lot of people.  I'll be the first to admit that even though I have a safe full of guns and a bunch of gear, it's of little use without like-minded individuals that you can network together with.

This thread has over 800 views.  Come on, folks.  Lets get involved and get organized.  An series of Ohio Battle Buddies groups can only help us to improve ourselves!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bumping this up.  OP, if you're still entertaining this idea, let me know and I'll forward you my pertinent info.

Everyone else, if you haven't seen what the VBB did in VA yesterday, look into it.  They made a big impact on a lot of people.  I'll be the first to admit that even though I have a safe full of guns and a bunch of gear, it's of little use without like-minded individuals that you can network together with.

This thread has over 800 views.  Come on, folks.  Lets get involved and get organized.  An series of Ohio Battle Buddies groups can only help us to improve ourselves!
View Quote
Messaged OP earlier today for any pertinent info. Definitely interested to see where this goes. Located about 30mins NE of Columbus outskirts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Messaged OP from the NW corner.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#25]
@Norxseman_Odin
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd be interested in seeing where this goes as well. 30 minutes north of Columbus.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m in. Akron/Canton/Youngstown area. I’ll be happy to forward any pertinent details to get on a roster and into a group. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Forgot about this thread.  I’m northeast of Dayton.

I’m pretty damn busy with four school age kids all in multiple activities, but I’ll do what I can.

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Ashland ohio here, I'm not a vet, I thought this is a veteran thing, but in if I can.

I may know of 2  others here also that may join if asked.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m right on the Ohio River near Pittsburgh but I’m originally from Ohio.  I don’t see finding many WV people.

I’m down to drive a few hours to most places in Ohio.  A central location might work to make it possible for a large number of guys to show up.

Have you guys got any type of group comms up?

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Toledo area here.  I know there are a couple more as well (never met them though)
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Tagging to see where this goes.

Just as an FYI, I'm just north of Troy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Have you guys got any type of group comms up?

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.
View Quote
I can't speak for the OP, but I'm thinking this is entirely in its infancy here in Ohio.  He DID mention using the Signal app to make a group for a possible organization.

@FritzTKatt  - I'm not trying to take the wheel or anything, but if you want to get me added into the Signal group I'm more than happy to help out by taking some PMs and getting this ball rolling!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Tagging to see where this goes.

Just as an FYI, I'm just north of Troy.
View Quote
There are quite a few of us in the upper Miami Valley-ish area.  Darke, Miami, Shelby, Champaign, Clark, Montgomery counties.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I can't speak for the OP, but I'm thinking this is entirely in its infancy here in Ohio.  He DID mention using the Signal app to make a group for a possible organization.

@FritzTKatt  - I'm not trying to take the wheel or anything, but if you want to get me added into the Signal group I'm more than happy to help out by taking some PMs and getting this ball rolling!
View Quote
Hopefully you guys are cool with me coming from WV.  I can see OH doing really well with this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hopefully you guys are cool with me coming from WV.  I can see OH doing really well with this.
View Quote
I'd sure think the more, the merrier at this point!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd be in. I'm in the Columbus area. Hit me up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Kind of let this roll for a bit, I got some of you added.

Just PM me and I'll add you to the group.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Kind of let this roll for a bit, I got some of you added.

Just PM me and I'll add you to the group.
View Quote
PM sent, I need to check the Ohio section more often.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#40]
One helpful piece of advice gentlemen.

Nuke the signal group, nuke the email list, nuke the phone number list.

Anybody can just ask to be added and might be there to just data mine. Whether it's lefties or the government. Keep communication to arfcom threads and PMs

One of the BB groups in Southern Virginia had a guy interested, he got all the information, then ghosted. They are still working on who he is and why he wanted the information.

AFTER you've been on several hikes with someone, THEN swap information. Keep that information only to guys that have actually showed up and rucked. Is it possible ANTIFA or the FBI could just go on four 6 mile hikes and then get your info? Yeah, but it's much less likely.

If you have a signal group or phone or email list you're just aggregating information for guys you don't know, with unknown intentions.

You'll find much more guys express interest in going then guys who ACTUALLY show up and ruck.  Less still that will be constantly showing.

Protect your information. I know we're just hiking and exercise isn't illegal, but still. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions about anything
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#41]
We'll have to get together eventually, and some way to get there.

Not worried about it for now.

It's still unknown if kendall had ill intentions.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm down for the hikes and I have 2 or 3 sons that would be interested.

I'd rather meet people and connect then get comms together.

I'm in Southwestern Ohio area, Butler county specifically
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Anybody can just ask to be added and might be there to just data mine. Whether it's lefties or the government. Keep communication to arfcom threads and PMs

One of the BB groups in Southern Virginia had a guy interested, he got all the information, then ghosted. They are still working on who he is and why he wanted the information.
View Quote
I don’t deserve a voice here, but wanted to make an introduction and provide some observations that will hopefully be helpful to some with backgrounds like mine in the future. If this isn’t helpful, I’m happy to take it down.

I agree with Whiskers here, and will further that to say that the importance of trust and face-to-face networking goes both ways.

TLDR: I realized the importance of personal and organizational/network preparation, and how lacking I was. I’m hoping there are some like minded BB’s in the Cinci area.

Long story:
I have a confession to make (which is also what drew me to this thread). I took off work, rented a car, said “goodbye” to my wife and kids, and drove to Richmond (8 hours) by Sunday afternoon. I met up with some folks from out of state - after only an hour of discussion, I don’t know that I’ve ever met finer men. I was even more uncomfortable than I’d expected with the feeling in the city (and from further evidence presented in their interactions with police and others). I’m ashamed to admit that I turned tail and drove home that afternoon/night. I’ve never been more relieved to be so wrong.

Driving home and in the time since, I’ve considered my cowardly response and how I need to improve in many areas. Much of my issue was lack of both long term and short term prep, both personal and gear/training-related. I’m a life-long desk driver in a technical field, and people give me a hard time for having a laid-back and somewhat apathetic personality. I was completely unfamiliar with being in a situation with such a high ambient level of FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) in all involved, and with potential significant legal/financial and physical risks. While I’d “academically” understood those risks, the emotional component was not something I’d ever experienced. I had about as close as I’ve come to a mental breakdown, and made a hasty decision that I needed to get out of the situation. (For the record, I don’t think I’m the person Whiskers is referring to above). I have an enormous amount of respect for those who have faced those same fears and conquered them. I just hope I didn’t discourage anyone else I met.

Another key point I realized is that I needed to network ahead of this type of high-tension event. I’ve spent thousands of hours lurking GD, but the only time I’d met anyone from here was for a few of FTF deals. I need to spend time with and meet folks before-hand before I can be confident in them and the group (which is what brought me here to OH HTF).

I think we also need to be clear in our public messaging to avoid any implication of willingness for violence or illegal activity, especially specific to an event. There were a LOT of people posting prior to Lobby Day that were not attending, but saying what the attendees “should” be doing - how there was no point in going if there wasn’t a willingness to tear down the fences or storm the capitol. They did nothing but contribute to the FUD (again, for both sides), and those kinds of comments could have been used by the other side as justification for the fences and aggressive tone of LE in the days prior.

Privately I think we also need to be reserved in what is said. I found myself being much more open on Signal (a good thing) just because I didn’t have to worry about it being archived online or indexed by Google, but I still wasn’t about to suggest any illegal activity. If there is ever a time for that, it needs to be decided individually and in grave off-line discussions. PERSEC will be critical there.

I’ll end it there, but I hope we can assemble a group of half a dozen or a dozen in the SW OH/NKY area. There are a number of parks in the area with opportunities for hiking in the 2-8 mile range. These would be great for trying out various equipment and building both fitness and community. I can help with radio comms gear.

I’m thankful that we aren’t facing the same immediate of threat that VA is, but as everyone I met in my brief time in VA said, “they’re coming for us (their own home states) next.” Sadly, it looks like some of our state republicans are willing to lead that charge.

(I tend to write book-length posts, I apologize... just be glad my post count is so low!)
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don’t deserve a voice here, but wanted to make an introduction and provide some observations that will hopefully be helpful to some with backgrounds like mine in the future. If this isn’t helpful, I’m happy to take it down.

I agree with Whiskers here, and will further that to say that the importance of trust and face-to-face networking goes both ways.

TLDR: I realized the importance of personal and organizational/network preparation, and how lacking I was. I’m hoping there are some like minded BB’s in the Cinci area.

Long story:
I have a confession to make (which is also what drew me to this thread). I took off work, rented a car, said “goodbye” to my wife and kids, and drove to Richmond (8 hours) by Sunday afternoon. I met up with some folks from out of state - after only an hour of discussion, I don’t know that I’ve ever met finer men. I was even more uncomfortable than I’d expected with the feeling in the city (and from further evidence presented in their interactions with police and others). I’m ashamed to admit that I turned tail and drove home that afternoon/night. I’ve never been more relieved to be so wrong.

Driving home and in the time since, I’ve considered my cowardly response and how I need to improve in many areas. Much of my issue was lack of both long term and short term prep, both personal and gear/training-related. I’m a life-long desk driver in a technical field, and people give me a hard time for having a laid-back and somewhat apathetic personality. I was completely unfamiliar with being in a situation with such a high ambient level of FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) in all involved, and with potential significant legal/financial and physical risks. While I’d “academically” understood those risks, the emotional component was not something I’d ever experienced. I had about as close as I’ve come to a mental breakdown, and made a hasty decision that I needed to get out of the situation. (For the record, I don’t think I’m the person Whiskers is referring to above). I have an enormous amount of respect for those who have faced those same fears and conquered them. I just hope I didn’t discourage anyone else I met.

Another key point I realized is that I needed to network ahead of this type of high-tension event. I’ve spent thousands of hours lurking GD, but the only time I’d met anyone from here was for a few of FTF deals. I need to spend time with and meet folks before-hand before I can be confident in them and the group (which is what brought me here to OH HTF).

I think we also need to be clear in our public messaging to avoid any implication of willingness for violence or illegal activity, especially specific to an event. There were a LOT of people posting prior to Lobby Day that were not attending, but saying what the attendees “should” be doing - how there was no point in going if there wasn’t a willingness to tear down the fences or storm the capitol. They did nothing but contribute to the FUD (again, for both sides), and those kinds of comments could have been used by the other side as justification for the fences and aggressive tone of LE in the days prior.

Privately I think we also need to be reserved in what is said. I found myself being much more open on Signal (a good thing) just because I didn’t have to worry about it being archived online or indexed by Google, but I still wasn’t about to suggest any illegal activity. If there is ever a time for that, it needs to be decided individually and in grave off-line discussions. PERSEC will be critical there.

I’ll end it there, but I hope we can assemble a group of half a dozen or a dozen in the SW OH/NKY area. There are a number of parks in the area with opportunities for hiking in the 2-8 mile range. These would be great for trying out various equipment and building both fitness and community. I can help with radio comms gear.

I’m thankful that we aren’t facing the same immediate of threat that VA is, but as everyone I met in my brief time in VA said, “they’re coming for us (their own home states) next.” Sadly, it looks like some of our state republicans are willing to lead that charge.

(I tend to write book-length posts, I apologize... just be glad my post count is so low!)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Long story:

I'll take thoughtful conservatism over rash thinking.

I also thought that men and women with families were preferred for any group of like minded guys.

I'm down for a meet and greet and go from there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#45]
My gut instinct says to heed the advice of @whiskersthecat on this matter, but if FritzTKatt wants to roll with the signal group for now, I'll follow his lead on this since he's the one that took the initiative to get the ball rolling.

I realize that the signal app gets our phone numbers out there, but I suppose we could always make a second group later on for people that are vetted in one way or another?

@FritzTKatt, if you'd prefer to set up an email chain for this stuff, I'd be more than happy to help with that.  I'm parked in front of a computer for a minimum of 50 hours a week anyway.

Let me know how I can be of assistance!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I appreciate the input of kxjs, well said.

I'm not a public person, but I'm sure my information is already out there. I get letters all the time how my identity was stolen thanks to the nerds at OPM not doing their job.

At some point you have to leave the basement and take a risk meeting some strangers. I've met quite a few arfcommers in the last couple years, marched with some on the state house right here in the buckeye state, drank beer with a penguin, shot machineguns with a guy short a leg, and assisted with the march on Richmond with the Virginians.

"Fuck it, we're doing it live!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Do I need to send you my phone number?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Do I need to send you my phone number?
View Quote
If you're skilled in telepathy, then it'll come to me

A PM would probably be more user-friendly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Toledo
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I might be interested in hearing more about this if we can get a group relatively near my AO.  Northeast corner.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top