Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/12/2016 12:18:41 PM EDT
I've never been to a retail business and had so many repeated negative experiences.  Their range is great, facilities are modern and clean, prices aren't bad at all but the staff is nothing but rude and obnoxious.  I really get the sense that they do not give a damn about presenting themselves as professionals.  Manners and basic courtesy can go hang there I guess.  Talking to a manager on the phone for 30 seconds yesterday it was as if I had inconvenienced him in some way when my questions were only basic.  I live only a few minutes away and when they opened I thought they were a Godsend, I'm afraid this is the last time I'm going to do any business with them.  I'm I just crazy or has anyone else had a similar experience there?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
all you can do is vote with your feet......no sense in being upset move on
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That was my point.  I'm asking if I've been having a unique experience with them or not.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only been there once, and it was when they first opened.

Didn't have too much interaction with staff, but I will say that most guys in the gun business have zero people skills.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I went not long after they first opened. I asked if they had reloading components. The clerk instantly got a red ass attitude and said no, they sell their own reloads. Oh well, after that I chose not to go back.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Could this be the Target world of east Cincinnati?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#6]
One Shot used to be great when jason oversaw the floor. Once he left Chris let his mom run the place and it has gone to hell.

If you're not someone looking to drop serious money to be a member or purchase machine guns.

It's really a shame as their .gov contracts have diverted their customer service into the ground.

I wouldn't say they're as bad as target World, but I tend not to visit either of them anymore.

If I needed to use a range though, I'd still consider going to Ready Line - never again going to Target World
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had a positive experience every time I have gone in.  The staff has always been professional and answers any question I have.  Even my dealings with Gale, who most think poorly of, are always positive.  I have been going to Ready Line since they first opened as One Shot.  I cannot comment on the range as I do the bulk of my shooting at Miami Rifle-Pistol Club.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Had Chris do some transfers for when he worked out of his Moms basement been to the old One Shot store a few times. Been in the new store once and bought a pistol never did to back to use my free 1/2 hour range time that came with the purchase there is a different vibe in that place for sure.
Lately I've been going to Onling or the hardware store in Goshen they get me what I need.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I Don't really want to open an old can of worms. I have bought MANY firearms from OneShot/Ready Line.

I've got several good deals and a few fair deals that I was happy with because they had what I wanted.

But let me tell you that the customer service at Ready Line has a few problems. One time I asked the clerk

If they carried Corbon Ammo. He said "hell no, that stuff will blow up your gun". Another time I purchased

a box of 762.39 ammo that was marked BLEM. I got it home and noticed that the cases were swelled (kind of crunched).

I took them back and showed them to the salesperson. He stated that they would be okay in any AK as AK's will fire anything.

I told him that I was going to use them in my Ruger Mini 14. He told me that if I wasn't comfortable with them to not use them.

No offer for an exchange or refund.

However, most of the sales people are courteous and helpful.

I think that Chris has moved his Mother/Manager to the range or offices, which is a good move. She always seemed to have

an attitude problem.  I will maybe shop at Ready Line again in the future. But I've found better service and prices elsewhere.

ETA: Actually it's a well planned and designed range that just needs a major adjustment in the attitude area. And an hour of

free range time for up to a year instead of a month with the purchase of a firearm. Hopefully they will correct the problems.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had a positive experience every time I have gone in.  The staff has always been professional and answers any question I have.  Even my dealings with Gale, who most think poorly of, are always positive.  I have been going to Ready Line since they first opened as One Shot.  I cannot comment on the range as I do the bulk of my shooting at Miami Rifle-Pistol Club.
View Quote

I have also had good experiences at Readyline on the retail side and the range.  I am a member and feel that $300 a year for unlimited range use is a really good value.  It lets me pop in and do short range sessions whenever I have 20 to 30 minutes.  

I am not very talkative but every interactions with the staff at the counter or the RSO have been pleasant.  I like the fact they acknowledge me and then let me do my thing unless I need help or am doing something that could be unsafe (which is rare).  I usually go at night when things are slow and have had some nice chats about gear with the various RSO's.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]
When Jason worked at OneShot, I spent some serious money multiple times and kind of considered it my go to LGS. After he left, the whole feel changed. I was never treated rudely - but the mood of the store made me want to spend my money elsewhere. One time in particular, me and a guy I work with stopped in to look at a pistol (he was a gun newbie and was looking for his first handgun). The  female manager was throwing a fit about something - screaming and cussing at the other employees right in the middle of a crowded store. I actually felt bad for her - it was embarrassing. The only time I ever go to ReadyLine is to use the blue label Glock coupon.

ReadyLine  seems  to be doing very well and I wish them well, but there are just other places I prefer to spend my money:
-  Jenamy's Gunshop in Milford (Bob, Jeff and Mike are great to deal with and Bob is an excellent reasonable priced gunsmith)
-  Onling ( Steve and Wayne - also real great to deal with) and they just started to build their range.
- Point Blank is a great place to shoot and their prices are somewhat fair (plus everyone seems really nice).
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Very weird vibe in there.  Guys have always been 'professional' with me, if a bit short.  

I only go shop high end stuff anymore, and i think that rubs people one of 2 ways, either they think im a dreamer/time waster, or i cant be pleased.

The are half right.  LOL

Not true.  I just like what I like.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had some serious issues with that range including messing up a Suppressor purchase which they sold to someone else even though I already paid in full

Also had a sales person be extremely rude to me when I asked about the price of a MG gun that was for sale. The older guy gave me a funny look and said "You can't afford this son",  refused to show me the MG and then went on explaining how its illegal to own a MG.

A) why would there be a price tag on it?
B) I already own and MG and multiple suppressors!

I know I'm in my late 20s and wear t-shirts and jeans so i dont look like I can afford a MG but dont judge someone until you know them, especially a potential customer. A lot of talk for someone probably making a few bucks above minimum wage.

As a previous poster stated, I voted with my feet and have not been back.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Went in there to buy some 9x18 Mak ammo. Guy handed me a box of .380 and said it will work just as well.

I haven't gone back.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top