Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2014 12:13:21 PM EDT
My buddy is an AF TACP, currently training in germany. Hes placed an order with CTD (i know, i know) for 10 shotguns, as wedding gifts. He needs an FFL who would be ok with holding them for maybe a month until he gets back to the states. He is asking me to help him find a dealer, as he is unable to make any phone calls and has limited internet access, mostly email. Anyone know an FFL who has any kind of military discount or who might be willing to come up with a flat rate to transfer 10 shotguns?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
where in Ohio is he looking?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
where in Ohio is he looking?
View Quote

His address is in Centerville, in between dayton and cvg, but for a good deal hes willing to drive a bit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
GunEnvy in Columbus will do 10 items for $40, but I don't know if they could store them for a month.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GunEnvy in Columbus will do 10 items for $40, but I don't know if they could store them for a month.
View Quote

I will give them a call, maybe they will do it for a mil. guy overseas
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
You might try the Shootin' Shack in Waynesville at 513-312-2727. Ray and Randy are good guys.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I pretty much live in Centerville, you can try http://www.peabodysports.com/ they are very close... not sure if he can store them for that long but worth a try as he is a good man
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to gunbroker and look in their tools for buyers.  Look at the list of FFLs. You'll find a bunch of "kitchen-table" dealers all advertising their terms.  Sometimes you'll find guys that still do it for less than $20 a gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Go to gunbroker and look in their tools for buyers.  Look at the list of FFLs. You'll find a bunch of "kitchen-table" dealers all advertising their terms.  Sometimes you'll find guys that still do it for less than $20 a gun.
View Quote

The issue isn't finding an FFL.

The issue is finding an FFL that will store the firearms for him until he comes back.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The issue is finding an FFL that will store the firearms for him until he comes back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got that part but you also asked about flat fees and such.  Why couldn't a small home-based dealer store 10 guns for a while?  I say go to gunbroker and make some calls.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You might try the Shootin' Shack in Waynesville at 513-312-2727. Ray and Randy are good guys.
View Quote

Reach out to Ray I bet he would help out.......
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Also Dad's Gun shop in waynesville, OH.  Open six days a week. Google them!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Called, left a message, heres hoping!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I got that part but you also asked about flat fees and such.  Why couldn't a small home-based dealer store 10 guns for a while?  I say go to gunbroker and make some calls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will do that as well tomorrow, I figured a shop might have a spare corner or something, vs a home based biz
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm pretty sure AIM Surplus is in Centerville.  May give them a ring, you never know.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:08:04 AM EDT
[#15]
J&J Sports

Lewisburg OH.

Give him a ring, he is pretty flexible with things.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#16]
NFA ARMS in Fairborn does Mil discounts, I'd check w/ them about doing a bulk transfer; they usually do $10 transfers for military.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Also Dad's Gun shop in waynesville, OH.  Open six days a week. Google them!
View Quote

I've used these guys a fair bit, $10 transfer fee for 1, not sure what they do for multi gun.  They've held guns for 10-14 days for me as I couldn't get in sooner.  It'd be worth a call
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I was in to see Ray at the Shootin shack.......I'm glad he was able to help your buddy out......
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure AIM Surplus is in Centerville.  May give them a ring, you never know.
View Quote

AIM's in Middletown, kinda close to Centerville.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

30 minutes in messed up I-75 south and then another 5+ minutes from 75,,, all rough based off origin of 48/Main St and Franklin St in middle of town
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was in to see Ray at the Shootin shack.......I'm glad he was able to help your buddy out......
View Quote

yeah, ray is a HELL of a guy. BC my buddy is mil, hes transferring all 10 shotguns for 25 bucks. I was blown away, I didnt even ask, he offered.

If you need a xfer, give Ray a ring
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
yeah, ray is a HELL of a guy. BC my buddy is mil, hes transferring all 10 shotguns for 25 bucks. I was blown away, I didnt even ask, he offered.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or if you need a good CHL class.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top