Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 11:04:41 PM EDT
Hi, I'm new to the Cinci area but I was a frequent shooter in Kansas City before moving here.  Unfortunately, my divorce lawyer's rates rise faster than ammo so I've had to let considerable portions of my collection go.  Right no I probably have over $2k up on EE in ammo alone.  Once I get past this I plan to shoot in USPSA and GSSF.  What's the competition like out here?  Let me premise that by saying that just because you want to be good at something, you can still suck.  I'd like ot be a good shooter but I don't think it's in the works for me.  LOL.

Anyone in the Mason area?  I wouldn't mind meeting up for coffee one morning for a chat with a few of you...

Regards,

Bryan

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're not in any hurry, look into Miami pistol and rifle club (milford). It's a great private club with a strong emphasis on competition of all kinds. The only issue is the waiting list is crazy long. I think my dad signed up spring 2012 and he just went to orientation this month.
Welcome to Cincinnati!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're not in any hurry, look into Miami pistol and rifle club (milford). It's a great private club with a strong emphasis on competition of all kinds. The only issue is the waiting list is crazy long. I think my dad signed up spring 2012 and he just went to orientation this month.Welcome to Cincinnati!
View Quote

Sounds like the list is getting shorter. The last time I was out there I was told the waiting list was 2 years. It is the best club anywhere around here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're in Mason there's USPSA a bit to the north in Miamisburg at Miamisburg Sportsmens Club, and if you're into 3-Gun, there's 3-Gun at Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmans Association over in Wilmington.  They do IDPA there too.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, I wish I could trade my membership at Pioneer GC for this one!  PGC hosts the national cast bullet match and another competition the week before the Bianchi Cup. It's a great warm-up match.

If I'm happy just shooting pistols for awhile, say .40 S&W and .45 ACP, are there any rccommended ranges?  Or more. Importantly, ones to stay away from?  PM's are ok if you aren't comfortable with the publcally bashing anyone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Avoid Target World in Sharonville at all costs, its a dump.....only way I'll ever set foot in there again is if the zombies come and I'm looting the place.

Point Blank in Blue Ash is almost a year old and good, plus they opened one other side of town with a 50 yard indoor range. Gun prices  MSRP

Outdoor ranges Spring Valley is about 45 minutes north of use, state range that is decent, 100 yard max.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Avoid Target World in Sharonville at all costs, its a dump.....only way I'll ever set foot in there again is if the zombies come and I'm looting the place.

Point Blank in Blue Ash is almost a year old and good, plus they opened one other side of town with a 50 yard indoor range. Gun prices  MSRP

Outdoor ranges Spring Valley is about 45 minutes north of use, state range that is decent, 100 yard max.
View Quote
Just to echo Don, target world has a hard earned reputation of poor customer service as well as inflated prices. Ive heard nothing but good things about point blank (probably what youre looking for if you just shoot occasionally (they also have package deals and stuff but ive never looked into it)). I actually shoot at spring valley sometimes, just to change it up. its a great public range. $5 a day or $24 a year for a range pass and clean/ pretty well kept grounds (they also have archery ranges if thats your thing).  

i've also heard good things about middletown's range, but ive never been.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm over in the Mason/King's Island area.  We actually had a arfcom meet up earlier this year w/ pretty good attendance, so there's a few of us around the area.

As far as competitions go Buckeye67 covered it USPSA up in Miamisburg and 3-Gun over in WIlimington; both would be a bit of a drive.  Point Blank Blue Ash has recently started up doing GSSF and has had them on a regular basis the past few months.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome!  I life just off 741 between Kroger and Reading.  I'm the only shooter in my family, though so I don't always get the support I look for.  My sister finally figured it out afer she saw me lose my 2nd amendment rights for more than siz months.  A few weeks ago it was, I never held a gun, can I...) followed by "maybe we could go shooting one day?   Consider that hook set!

Quoted:

Just to echo Don, target world has a hard earned reputation of poor customer service as well as inflated prices. Ive heard nothing but good things about point blank (probably what youre looking for if you just shoot occasionally (they also have package deals and stuff but ive never looked into it)). I actually shoot at spring valley sometimes, just to change it up. its a great public range. $5 a day or $24 a year for a range pass and clean/ pretty well kept grounds (they also have archery ranges if thats your thing).  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top