Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/7/2013 8:07:52 PM EDT
anyone in SW ohio that does (good) cerakoting? I wouldnt even mind driving to columbus if there was a good shop there. Im looking to get an upper, lower, and rail done and i would prefer face to face with an actual shop.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 3:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You could try Boom Boom Tactical in Columbus.  I haven't had any cerakote done their, but he does do it, and his attention to detail on other work he has done for me was top notch.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Firepowerarms LLC in Mason does Duracoat.  I had a lower, upper, and HG done and it was awesome.  They do really great work.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You could try Boom Boom Tactical in Columbus.  I haven't had any cerakote done their, but he does do it, and his attention to detail on other work he has done for me was top notch.  

Just sent them an email, thanks

Quoted:
Firepowerarms LLC in Mason does Duracoat.  I had a lower, upper, and HG done and it was awesome.  They do really great work.

Thats actually the lgs i go to the most but i definitely want cerakote over durakote
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Not exactly "south west" Ohio, but Aesthetic Finishers in Piqua is a certified firearms cerakoter and an Arfcom industry partner:

http://www.afipowder.com/

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/561__Aesthetic_Finishers_Incorporated.html  (not much going on in their industry forum).

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like I'll probably be going with aesthetic, thanks for the tip buckeye. Their price is about the same as others and it'll be a 2 hour drive but since I dont have to ship anything, it's kind of a wash. Plus I get to look at the finished product right away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet, I'm over in Dayton once a week! Do you guys do disassembly and reassembly for ARs?
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not exactly "south west" Ohio, but Aesthetic Finishers in Piqua is a certified firearms cerakoter and an Arfcom industry partner:

http://www.afipowder.com/

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/561__Aesthetic_Finishers_Incorporated.html  (not much going on in their industry forum).

Wow.   I lived in Piqua for a long time and had no idea we had an Industry Partner there
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Looks like I'll probably be going with aesthetic, thanks for the tip buckeye. Their price is about the same as others and it'll be a 2 hour drive but since I dont have to ship anything, it's kind of a wash. Plus I get to look at the finished product right away.

No worries, as soon as Centurion gets their modular rail on the market, I'll be making the drive up that way myself to have an upper, lower & the rail done in sweet, sweet Patriot Brown... or maybe Tactical Grey... or...

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No worries, as soon as Centurion gets their modular rail on the market, I'll be making the drive up that way myself to have an upper, lower & the rail done in sweet, sweet Patriot Brown... or maybe Tactical Grey... or...

This is relevant to my interests.

+1 on the tip!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#11]
They be a little bit up the road from me here.. I usually only go as far north as I-75 on 25A from Troy.. they just  a little farther up the road. Use Exit 78 off I-75,, from either exit direction, you turn left and head north a weeee bit.

Have been by there, you cant miss the place, sit back off the road on west side of road.  Used to see ads on one of the cable channel during the Saturday car shows for AFI.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Just cerakote it yourself. Its way cheaper and its super easy.
1. degrease then media blast your parts
2. degrease and dry
3. Glove up mask and hang
4. Spray em
5. Bake them

I did my latest build in one afternoon with great results and I live in an apartment with a crappy garage space.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just cerakote it yourself. Its way cheaper and its super easy.

1. degrease then media blast your parts

2. degrease and dry

3. Glove up mask and hang

4. Spray em

5. Bake them

I did my latest build in one afternoon with great results and I live in an apartment with a crappy garage space.

What is involved in media blasting your parts? I have never done anything like that and don't know the first thing about prepping the parts or the required equipment. I imagine that you would need an air compressor with some kind of special attachment and some sort of box to contain it all once you get going.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top