Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/24/2013 6:11:24 AM EDT
Been trying my luck with the WM app recently. Seems like Its always gone when I get there (even tho it shows "in stock"). Does anybody have any tips? I'm in west burbs of Cleveland
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask questions at your local store.
Find out when the truck arrives each day. This is the same every day for a given store.
Find out when they restock the ammo cabinet each day. This is also a given time each day.
Find out how long it normally takes to unload the truck. .
Watch the app beginning just after the truck arrival time each day to see what comes in that day.
Once the truck is unloaded, the ammo is in back on a skid and if you push hard enough, you can often get someone to bring some out for you.
You may have to move up the food chain to a manager to get anything done.
If you can't get it brought out, have a manager tell you when it will be brought out for restocking and then be there ahead of time waiting for it. Get the name of that manager and use it on the SG clerk. If what the manager told you is not what actually happens, tell them about it.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Alternatively, bribe the SG clerks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
FYI Powell/Lewis Center WM has 5.56 Winchester on the shelves ($13/20) if you're in the area.  With the 1 box limit it should last a day
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#3]
You have to figure out the schedule.  I saw 2 cases of 9mm 100rd packs, get handed out as soon as they brought them up.  If I had been there + or - 10 minutes and didn't ask, I would have thought they still haven't received any...

During that same 10 minutes, a case or 40's and a case of 45's also disappeared.  

Ask them, if they are willing, get all the info you can.  They know what  deliveries they are expecting at least 24 hours in advance and have a pretty good idea of what time it will show.  Unfortunately, what they are expecting and what delivers usually are not one in the same.  

I work less than 2 miles from a Walmart and drive past another on my way to and from home.  If not at just the right time, the shelves are bare at both.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Definately need to find out when the shelves are stocked, my local WM stocks the shelves first thing in the morning(at least the ammo) most other store from my understanding its 10-11PM. The last time I talked to a clerk in sporting goods he said they had 6-7 guys waiting before 7AM for ammo, all the 22 and 9MM they got was gone before they even had a chance to open up the case and stock it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Just check Armslist local WalMart employees selling ammo on there for a buck a round, hell one of the ads even says he works at wally world and is using his profits to buy another AR, capitalism at its finest. My neighbor is a walmart store manager and she says the reason for the difference between shelf stock and actual stock  is if some gets stolen or damaged it only gets corrected at inventory time and some stores arent current, thats why I gave up on the APP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
go on monday and wednesday morning. ask the people that work there when the truck get in.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Other places I  have found for ammo are the HWI / ACE / TSC hardware stores.  You usually have to ask but I have picked up quite a bit of 22lr at these places.

Champion Shooters Supply in Utica usually has 22 bricks in stock
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to all for the pointers. Did some homework & hit 2 local WMs at stocking time this morning. Got 250 rd federal 9mm &555 rd winchester 22lr!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top