Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/26/2012 8:34:44 AM EDT
nvm
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Really I am shocked pro arms is doing it also! They are a pretty good shop to deal with normally as far as prices go. Fin got more ammo in today and the price was the same as before so I picked up a bunch, as I just got a new rifle and had no ammo for it.  7.62x51 ammo was in stock not 5.56 before anyone runs out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sadly, days after, I was more shocked to see prices that were not jacked.  Even at another 30-50% markup, I'm sure they will sell out.  Good luck finding deals or even reasonable prices now.

ETA: makes me glad I've been lurking in the SF.  Talking me into being a little better prepared.  Sadly, not well enough.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I am pretty well set up for my 5.56 ar and my handguns. Plenty of ammo for now and enough mags not to worry. But this new dpms .308 is killing me. NO mags to be found right now, and parts are on order but not getting here quickly. I just stocked up on some ammo today but that shit is pricey LOL! Picked up 200 rounds of xm80c gonna have to look into reloading from now on.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 10 for my AR now which I'm fine with, I'd just like a few more for safe keeping, but I'm not going to pay those kinds of prices. Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I will find out next week if my buddies friend who owns a shop is getting in the shipment hes been promised to be there for weeks if so I will have a lead for more at regular prices. I have already got dibs on 10 if they come in would be 30 round pmags in what ever color he gets. If they come in I will send you a message as I only want 5 of them. If he has more I will put up a link.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had bought a few mags from them a couple days ago for $15, stopped in today and they marked them up to $40 each. Fuck them, they won't see another dime from me. Price gouging that extreme makes me sick. Spare me the line about supply and demand.

Eta: pro armament too

Capitalism how does it work?

Lets put this another way.

You buy stock in company x at $10 a share, their stock goes up to $30 a share.  Are you a scumbag for selling at $30 a share?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Not the same thing IMO. I am all for capitalism and free trade, but there is also a lot of people taking advantage of the panic, and to me that is greed, not simply an economic change. To me, what is happening is an attack on all gun owners right now, and we need to stick together as a community. Hiking up your prices to take advantage of your fellow gun owners who are customers, to me, is wrong. One of our fundamental beliefs/arguments is the right to firearms is a fundamental constitutional right, no matter what class of citizen you are. The current price gouging going on is fucking over everyone who can't afford 40+ bucks for a freaking magazine. You can go give them your business and I won't think anything of it, you have your opinions as I have mine. There are many other places that havent hiked their prices, and while they may not be in stock, mags are still being made and will be back in stock when they get their next regular shipment in. Those are the places I will give my business.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not the same thing IMO. I am all for capitalism and free trade, but there is also a lot of people taking advantage of the panic, and to me that is greed, not simply an economic change. To me, what is happening is an attack on all gun owners right now, and we need to stick together as a community. Hiking up your prices to take advantage of your fellow gun owners who are customers, to me, is wrong. One of our fundamental beliefs/arguments is the right to firearms is a fundamental constitutional right, no matter what class of citizen you are. The current price gouging going on is fucking over everyone who can't afford 40+ bucks for a freaking magazine. You can go give them your business and I won't think anything of it, you have your opinions as I have mine. There are many other places that haven't hiked their prices, and while they may not be in stock, mags are still being made and will be back in stock when they get their next regular shipment in. Those are the places I will give my business.

No...it is exactly the same thing.  If you invest in product x and some variable changes that effects it's value then guess what?t You sell where price meets demand.

It works the other way.  What if the dealer had bought the mags at $7 a piece but a day after he bought the mags, company Y announces a reliable AR mag that will sell for $1.  

Are you going to buy the $7 dollar mags with mark up on them or the $1 mag.  (assume that they are more or less the same mag).  With your logic you are a hypocrite if you would buy the $1 mag.

The 2A is government recognising keeping and bearing arms is a god given right not a right that the government grants.  It has nothing to do with supply and demand economics.  "In theory" it says government cant keep people from keeping and bearing arms but says nothing about private business not being able to charge what they see fit for their goods.

You had/still have the right to buy or make as many mags as you like.  Your financial situation is your responsibility and you get to reap the benefits of your actions...both good and bad.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#9]
While we may disagree I know there are those who share my sentiment which is why I posted. Like I said, there are plenty of reputable sellers who are keeping the prices the same which is why I don't see the need for the staggering increase in price. If, say, a cargo plane spontaneously combusted with a million new mags in it, I could understand a price hike due to lower supply. But the same number of mags are still in production, with a slim to nil chance (IMHO) of the capacity law passing both houses. A higher demand with the same amount of supply doesn't necessarily mean an increase in price, and I can reasonably expect that may manfucturers are going to amp up production now. There a hundred threads out there arguing this point and we can do it till we are blue in the face, as I said I just wanted to let people know.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#10]
FYI, if you can find PMags, there going to be $40.00 and up no matter what. That's what the market is willing to pay and therefore that's the price.

And BTW, Shame on anyone that's not been stocked up on anything they wanted. I mean REALLY, Didn't even cross your mind. That sooner or later something would come down the pipe and cause a shit storm of some sort???

So I guess here are your options at this point.

#1 Pay the current market price.

#2 Cling to the idea that there will NOT be a ban. And sooner or later (Maybe) in the next few yrs the price might come down.

#3 "Buy low and sell high."  Sell your shit and take up Golf. Because if you didn't buy a ton of ammo. That's all your $1500.00 AR is going to be.
A "Golf Club"

Think about it.......

Well that should PISS OFF about half the board.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
While we may disagree I know there are those who share my sentiment which is why I posted. Like I said, there are plenty of reputable sellers who are keeping the prices the same which is why I don't see the need for the staggering increase in price. If, say, a cargo plane spontaneously combusted with a million new mags in it, I could understand a price hike due to lower supply. But the same number of mags are still in production, with a slim to nil chance (IMHO) of the capacity law passing both houses. A higher demand with the same amount of supply doesn't necessarily mean an increase in price, and I can reasonably expect that may manufacturers are going to amp up production now. There a hundred threads out there arguing this point and we can do it till we are blue in the face, as I said I just wanted to let people know.

Just because there are people out there that agree with you doesn't make it right...plenty of people out there think it is ok rob tax others so they can have health care.  

Placing inefficiencies in markets leads to surpluses or shortages.  Take a look at the places that sold the mags cheap...the mags are gone.  It does no one any good  if a store has cheap mags but there is none to buy.  AT least the people who raised there prices have mags, you pay top dollar sure, but they would be gone at the cheaper price.  Go learn what a supply and demand curve is and maybe you can add something intelligent to this conversation instead of booohoooing about mag prices.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top