Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/9/2012 9:13:51 AM EDT
Nice to see Gunenvy on the news last night.  Watching fox28 and they had a story about buying diamonds at some store and getting a voucher for a gun and up popps Johnathan.  Almost made me knudge my wife awake and ask her about a new ring.  Might as well get some silver in different form and a new piece.
Store looked good.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the sq footage on that place??? As big as vance?
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:15:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Not anywhere as big as Vance's. good folks though.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Small shop. but good guys....
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a really odd shop.

You walk in, and they say, "How can I help you?" within 30 seconds.

WEIRD!
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's a really odd shop.

WEIRD!

Not sure if sarcasm....
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Im sure
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a really odd shop.

WEIRD!

Not sure if sarcasm....

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's a really odd shop.

WEIRD!

LOL

Fine, am ordering a number roll dispenser :)
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do not say the V word in any post with the good people of Gun Envey.  Gun Envey is a great shop run by a stand up bunch of guys.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do not say the V word in any post with the good people of Gun Envey.  Gun Envey is a great shop run by a stand up bunch of guys.

I do like GunEnvy, but haven't been to the new shop yet, but i have no idea what this new Gun Envey is?  So Vance's is not good people?

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I do like GunEnvy, but haven't been to the new shop yet, but i have no idea what this new Gun Envey is?  So Vance's is not good people?  

There's nothing wrong with Vance's. As a business, it's very well run, otherwise they wouldn't have acquired Buckeye Outdoors, not to mention their huge inventory.
You may run into poor salesmen, which can happen at any store. But my experiences at Vance's and Gun Envy have been good, and I will continue supporting them.

I purchased my first gun from AimHi/New Albany Shooting Range, and I stopped going there after my second gun. The sales guy that helped me acted like I was bothering him, and was irritated when I was asking him for prices on accessories. He actually said to me, "Why didn't you ask me when I was over there?" when I had him check on prices on a few other things, to go with the gun I just bought from him. It's usually the employees that ruin it for companies. At least at Gun Envy, you're dealing with the owner, and he isn't going to say crap like that to you.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's nothing wrong with Vance's. As a business, it's very well run, otherwise they wouldn't have acquired Buckeye Outdoors, not to mention their huge inventory.

You may run into poor salesmen, which can happen at any store. But my experiences at Vance's and Gun Envy have been good, and I will continue supporting them.

I purchased my first gun from AimHi/New Albany Shooting Range, and I stopped going there after my second gun. The sales guy that helped me acted like I was bothering him, and was irritated when I was asking him for prices on accessories. He actually said to me, "Why didn't you ask me when I was over there?" when I had him check on prices on a few other things, to go with the gun I just bought from him. It's usually the employees that ruin it for companies. At least at Gun Envy, you're dealing with the owner, and he isn't going to say crap like that to you.

Yep, there's always gotta be that guy! Have not been to AimHi, but i would try it out and shoot there at least once.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep, there's always gotta be that guy! Have not been to AimHi, but i would try it out and shoot there at least once.  

The shooting range is very nice. Very well ventilated, and sound proofed. I've shot at Ohio Valley Outdoors, and the gunshots really echo in there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The shooting range is very nice. Very well ventilated, and sound proofed. I've shot at Ohio Valley Outdoors, and the gunshots really echo in there.

Do you know what they allow there?

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#14]
No steel cased, no penetrator rounds. I know you can shoot up to .50AE. Your 5.56 brass cased stuff is fine too.Their rifle range goes out to 75 feet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree...vance  price gouges...they are rude as well.  I won't do buisness with Vances ever again.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree...vance  price gouges...they are rude as well.  I won't do buisness with Vances ever again.

I think they have pretty good prices, run good sales. What do they price gouge?   I guess YMMV
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's a pretty broad brush. The S&W M&P 9c is $30 more at Gun Envy, I guess you should stay clear of there too, as they price gouge.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody should check out all local stores in their range , and do business with whom they feel most comfortable with....
You may have to wait awhile for help , but Vance's has some VERY competively priced merchandise in the building.
Once somebody does help you at that store , they seem as helpful as I have ever needed them to be ....

Personally - I don't like going to a store with little inventory where the help watches over you like a vulture eyeing road kill

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody should check out all local stores in their range , and do business with whom they feel most comfortable with....
You may have to wait awhile for help , but Vance's has some VERY competively priced merchandise in the building.
Once somebody does help you at that store , they seem as helpful as I have ever needed them to be ....

Personally - I don't like going to a store with little inventory where the help watches over you like a vulture eyeing road kill

If I want the best prices I can go online all day long and get a far better deal.  At local shops you are paying for someone to take care of you.  Gun Envey does this Vance's does not.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If I want the best prices I can go online all day long and get a far better deal.  At local shops you are paying for someone to take care of you.  Gun Envey does this Vance's does not.

On stuff other than firearms maybe, but guns, after shipping and transfer it is pretty hard, but again i guess to each is own, some will let a bad experience spoil it all for them some just get butt hurt, YMMV

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Amazing how big Vance's is for not taking care of anyone.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#22]

That's a pretty broad brush. The S&W M&P 9c is $30 more at Gun Envy, I guess you should stay clear of there too, as they price gouge.

S&W is very hard to compete with them on price wise, its a shame but its how it is.  We manage on most items, but some you just cant do, they have buying power.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I go with Gun Envy As much as possible. Those guys take of me every time I go there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazing how big Vance's is for not taking care of anyone.

Not really, they have location and inventory.  Gander mountain does just as well...I won't shop at Gander Mt either.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top