Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:08:12 PM EDT
I stopped by this shop today to check it out. I thought Cabela's was expensive. Hi-Points for $249, Black 30rd Pmags for $25, Gen3 G17 for $599......just wow....
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
friend of mine went to the one in coshocton today wanting to buy a 308 ar which they told him he couldnt buy until they "adjusted" the price
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Google woodbury'd and check out the term in the urban dictionary, this came from an incident at the Coshocton store and happened to several buyers that had money down on the rifles, not just one buyer.
Used to be able to get a good deal there but now they are crooks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in coshocton "cur-shit-town" Ohio and will do everything to avoid Woodbury! They are the biggest rip off in Ohio possibly the USA. The only thing I buy from them is a box of 100 bullets that I decide to play with at the reloading bench and a pound of varget when I'm desperate...

Not only are their prices astronomical but the majority of the time their employees are rude.....although there are a couple who are helpful when help is asked for..

But a large portion Of people who do live in coshocton pay the prices they asked and I have no idea why, I'm always surprised when I do have to stop in at how busy they are.

I'm all for supporting the LGS's and small town shops in general but there are exceptions and Woodbury is one.

Soap box is over .... sorry
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Google woodbury'd and check out the term in the urban dictionary, this came from an incident at the Coshocton store and happened to several buyers that had money down on the rifles, not just one buyer.
Used to be able to get a good deal there but now they are crooks.

Woodbury'd
The practice of reneging on an agreed deal when the seller finds that the item being sold has become more valuable in the meantime.
"I pre-ordered a Keltec KSG from a gun shop for $650 but when it finally arrived they woodbury'd me and told me I had to pay $2,000 because they could sell it for more on the internet."

Named for Woodbury Outfitters, known to have used this practice.
deceptive sales renege deal order

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Dang hate to hear that. Was looking forward to checking the place out since its only about 10 miles from me.

Shooters in Bridgeport has always treated me well, but not a very diverse inventory to choose from.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Wow I had no idea they had that bad of a reputation.

I randomly stumbled upon this store while browsing gunbroker.

I have bought 3 cases of pistol ammo and an M&P 22 from them.
All of these auctions started at $99 so I got pretty good deals on them.
I just drove up, about 45 min, paid for the items and left. I guess I never looked at the prices in the store.

It's too bad they screw you over in the retail store.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was in there, it was two girls (look to be 18-22yrs old) at the front and two guys (looked to be 18-22yrs old) at the gun counter. Whole place felt kinda sleezy and unprofessional.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't give any business that uses those tactics the time of day. Plenty of places on the internet to shop.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you Smallbore_Freak, sometimes I have trouble with adding links.
I had a friend that live about 20 minutes from the Coshocton store want to "buy it now" on a case of 308 ammo. The ammo was a fair price but the shipping was crazy high so he called them and ask about buying and picking it up and they told him he could pick it up but he was still paying the shipping cost.
He hasn't spent a dime with them in probably five or six years.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:05:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you Smallbore_Freak, sometimes I have trouble with adding links.
I had a friend that live about 20 minutes from the Coshocton store want to "buy it now" on a case of 308 ammo. The ammo was a fair price but the shipping was crazy high so he called them and ask about buying and picking it up and they told him he could pick it up but he was still paying the shipping cost.
He hasn't spent a dime with them in probably five or six years.

That's just stupid business on their part.
Every time I have bought from them on gunbroker I just drive up pay the bid price plus tax and walk out.
Maybe their policy changed.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Hang tight....new gun store coming to St. Clairsville...soon.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

More info please?
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think that store has been open for a couple months, maybe July or August.

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Haven't shopped at Woodbury since they screwed a bunch of my friends. Even with the discount I get there I shop else where. I drive to from Coshocton to Dales shop for all my transfers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Not allowed to say the store name on here since I am affiliated with it. Just hang tight...new gun store coming first of the year.

Remmy, moss, benelli, stoeger, Howa, etc, etc.

It is coming...and hopefully we are going to compete with Walmart pricing.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Were about in St.C?
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Mall Area
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Well there used to be a few small shops back in the day but long gone. Anything that comes in better be able to beat Cabelas and woodbury... I used to live in that area.. now just work there.. so hopefully something good will come in soon..

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:25:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#20]
The new Rural King Supply will be getting a full gun counter as soon as the ATF gets the paperwork processed. We plan on offering full long gun, hand gun, and special order capabilities. The ammunition department will be getting remodeled as well when the gun counter gets put in. We will be expanding our ammo offerings to include more brands and some plinking range stuff in popular calibers at hopefully internet prices. I currently have a batch of 18 apps submitted for stores and St. Clairsville is in this current round of licensing. Should hopefully see guns in the store sometime in January.

DC
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#21]
never been in there.... are they going to be able to compete with other stores.. if i need quick ammo and dont want to wait for an order online i just go to walmart... what kind of selection will they have? layaway? etc?

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top