Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2012 1:16:37 PM EDT
It looks like OneShot has been dragging their feet too long to put a hurt on Target World. The local area has a new range coming in November.

Check out the link below.

New Shooting Range
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Works for me, that's right down the street from me. I refuse to set foot in Target World unless I can loot the dump
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
As I understand it, this place is going to be a well stocked gun shop as well as a well run indoor range.  They have their sights on Target World's former customer base - all those who have sworn off the place.  The local market is ready for a place like this.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll certainly be ready and waiting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds like it's really needed in that area!
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
10 minutes from work, on the way home.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Good lord that's close to me. I guess that's another membership I'm going to have to pay.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good lord that's close to me. I guess that's another membership I'm going to have to pay.

It's on the north east corner where Creek and Deerfield roads come together. That's all I need is a gun shop that close too me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I drove by over the weekend, didn't see much so I'm thinking it won't be open for awhile
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I drove by over the weekend, didn't see much so I'm thinking it won't be open for awhile

They don't seem to do much work on the weekends. I drove by on a week day last week and saw several contractors working on the outside of the building.

I asked one of them if this was going to be the new shooting range? He said yes. I asked when he thought that it would be open? He said the end of November.

It's a big block building and they were filling in where the windows used to be and painting the outside. They may even have most of the inside done, I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't seem to do much work on the weekends. I drove by on a week day last week and saw several contractors working on the outside of the building.

I asked one of them if this was going to be the new shooting range? He said yes. I asked when he thought that it would be open? He said the end of November.

It's a big block building and they were filling in where the windows used to be and painting the outside. They may even have most of the inside done, I don't know.

Ok, been awhile since I'd driven by that street and I didn't remember the building having windows. Hope they get it done by then, I'm expecting PSA to do another upper sale and will need someplace close to test my next AR build
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Indoor Rifle Rated ranges?   Fuck Yeah.

Long overdue in this area.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok, they opened yesteday (11/16) and I checked it out and did a hour on the range today.

Range is nice, well vented with a digital target line system that lets you know how far downrange you are.

Prices for hourly rental ain't bad, $18.00 a hour pistol and $22.00 for rifle.

Membership fee's for annual are 2 tiered "Weekday" is Monday-Thursday and about $300.00 IIRR. "7-Day a week" add a couple $100.00 bucks, since I work Mon-Thurs evenings and only shoot indoors in winter I didn't bother getting either.

Gun prices looked high for pistols but I expect that for a range/gunshop. They did have a decent stock of AR's and the Colt 6920's were'nt to high.....had a bunch and it would beat driving all over town trying to find one at a Walmart (I want to say $1135.00, IIRR).  
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok, they opened yesteday (11/16) and I checked it out and did a hour on the range today.

Range is nice, well vented with a digital target line system that lets you know how far downrange you are.

Membership fee's for annual are 2 tiered "Weekday" is Monday-Thursday and about $300.00 IIRR. "7-Day a week" add a couple $100.00 bucks, since I work Mon-Thurs evenings and only shoot indoors in winter I didn't bother getting either.

Gun prices looked high for pistols but I expect that for a range/gunshop. They did have a decent stock of AR's and the Colt 6920's were'nt to high.....had a bunch and it would beat driving all over town trying to find one at a Walmart (I want to say $1135.00, IIRR).  

Thanks for the report.  Were they busy?  I imagine that not too many people are aware that they're open.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in there yesterday right after they opened, very busy. I went back today at 10 AM to purchase a rifle that I saw yesterday, they weren't as busy, the clerk said that the business would get heavy soon, they open at 8 AM on weekends and everyone including myself thought that they opened at 10.

The price's didn't seem to be to bad. Cheaper than Target World.  The place is set up very nicely!  
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the report.  Were they busy?  I imagine that not too many people are aware that they're open.

Very busy both times I was there but no waiting for range time.

Ammo prices for 9mm weren't bad but I brought my own. I'll end up hitting it once a month during the winter since that's pistol shooting time for me. Rifle I like longer than 25 yards but figure I can use that for testing AR builds if I want

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#17]
So you're not required to use their ammo? Any restrictions on ammo you bring in?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So you're not required to use their ammo? Any restrictions on ammo you bring in?

I asked, only ammo restrictions for the moment are for AK-47's and steel ammo. You can shoot up to .308 on the rifle range. The issue with steel ammo is the owner saw it sparking when tested against the backstop and said no...not sure if they included any others since I don't shoot it myself
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked, only ammo restrictions for the moment are for AK-47's and steel ammo. You can shoot up to .308 on the rifle range. The issue with steel ammo is the owner saw it sparking when tested against the backstop and said no...not sure if they included any others since I don't shoot it myself

I should have asked earlier, but any restrictions on reloaded ammo?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have asked earlier, but any restrictions on reloaded ammo?

Thanks.

Didn't ask, I don't reload (no room for that and another hobby my place )
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:51:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I stopped by yesterday. Thought it was a pretty nice store, pretty decent prices and a wide verity of items.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:25:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone tried to pick up brass there? I reload a lot of 9mm, so when I go to Target World I scrounge brass from my lane without them fussing too much, and I usually score some extra that the guy before me didn't sweep. I'm looking forward to having somewhere to shoot where I won't get lasered by loaded guns the whole time, but brass recovery is important too!  

TL:DR- Reloaders, chime in! Is Point-Blank reloader friendly with regards to brass pickup?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Sweet!  Just down the road from my work.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sweet!  Just down the road from my work.

Better than that, 1.4 miles from my house!    I'll be broke by the first of the year!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, I guess it's time to stop by!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well, I guess it's time to stop by!

I went there today and while I was waiting for a open range helped a guy pick a AR-15. He had a DPMS, Bushmaster, S&W and Colt with a rail/Magpulsetup at the highest price  on the counter and couldn't decide between the Bushmaster and S&W. I chimmed in and said get a stock Colt 6920 for $100 more than either the Bushmaster or S&W....I kept my mouth shut on what I thought of the DPMS

He got the Colt...another newbie AR owner saved from a lower grade rifle
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top