Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/14/2011 9:57:39 AM EDT
Since January 1st is the First Sunday of the month, but that whole Deer hunting/closing the range over December has be a little confused.

And not to bust on “The Web-Master” No 2012 dates? Could the Mayan’s be right? The End of the world or worst, the end of Black Swamp? Say it ain’t so!

http://www.scsclub.org/index%20black%20swamp%20carbine.htm for all the new kids.

Thinking that maybe you may have a seasonal AR or AK? Because it’s never has seen snow or cold weather? Maybe it won’t know how to will act in cold weather? THIS is YOUR opportunity to test that rifle out, you know the one. That one that sits in your safe and only comes out in the summer time when the weather is 78 degrees and sunny and the birds a chirping, just sayin’ ~

AND, if pictures are worth a thousand words you can always visit ADCO Firearms facebook to see MOAR pictures.
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that how I get out of it?

Kidding of course.  Back outside in January, February details to follow.

Link Posted: 12/14/2011 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And not to bust on “The Web-Master” No 2012 dates? Could the Mayan’s be right? The End of the world or worst, the end of Black Swamp? Say it ain’t so!

I believe there is a new website in the works, so this could be the reason that there are no 2012 dates listed. I'm just guessing here, no official word.

ETA: Like always, I'm going to "try" and be there for once. I've only said this like 5 or more times, and I live right down the road.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe there is a new website in the works, so this could be the reason that there are no 2012 dates listed. I'm just guessing here, no official word.

ETA: Like always, I'm going to "try" and be there for once. I've only said this like 5 or more times, and I live right down the road.....

Muad... There's this guy's named Jeremy listed on the web site to contact (Whom every he is [joking]) so I'm bustin' on him!

Link Posted: 12/16/2011 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
DO NOT ATTEND if still drunk, or heavily hung over from New Years Eve celebration, you will be asked to leave. Thank you.

I'll try and make it out, but it'll depend on how much partying occurred the night before and whether or not I have a car that will start that day.  :-)
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone mildly hungover will be asked to exercise the first rule of Zombie Land.

Link Posted: 12/17/2011 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone mildly hungover will be asked to exercise the first rule of Zombie Land.

CARDIO!

I was in favor of Rule #2

You know G, maybe that should be in one of stages.. nothing like running and then trying to but that sight on target.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm about 94.2% sure I won't be attending.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I should be there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm planning on coming, but it will literally be a Sunday morning game time decision.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm about 94.2% sure I won't be attending.

More like 93% for me, but i want to start off the year right.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Typically how many rifle rounds are needed for a Black Swamp shoot?
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#13]
The website says to bring 300 rifle and 300 handgun I think, the actual amount you use will vary from what I have been told.

I was also told they list those amounts to help ensure those who come doesn't run out of ammo; which is no fun.

Hope this helps, I'm sure someone who's actually gone to Black Swamp can provide a better estimate.

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Typically how many rifle rounds are needed for a Black Swamp shoot?

Quoted:
The website says to bring 300 rifle and 300 handgun I think, the actual amount you use will vary from what I have been told.

I was also told they list those amounts to help ensure those who come doesn't run out of ammo; which is no fun.

Hope this helps, I'm sure someone who's actually gone to Black Swamp can provide a better estimate.

Yeah, it does all depend what stages are setup and running... I've used 100 to about 200 round of 5.56 but I don't think I've used 300 or more..  The same with pistol rounds... about 150-ish or less...

I know a few folks will even use their .22 conversion on their AR and use a .22 pistol too...

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I would like to come out I missed everyone in "11 due to work but now I am laid off till spring so all I do now is make ammo and go to the gym. Does it help to have your ar setup with a scope or red dot ?
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
My round counts for 2011

01/02/2011 ––-  75 rifle / 0 pistol

02/06/2011 ––-  24 rifle / 136 pistol

07/03/2011 ––- 59 rifle / 48 pistol

08/07/2011 ––- 78 rifle / 17 pistol

10/02/2011 ––- 81 rifle / 59 pistol

11/06/2011 ––- 107 rifle / 27 pistol

Yes, I record my round counts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would like to come out I missed everyone in "11 due to work but now I am laid off till spring so all I do now is make ammo and go to the gym. Does it help to have your ar setup with a scope or red dot ?

Irons.  Run straight irons.
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's a run what ya brung event. Some people like Eagle refuse to join the 21st century and others have crazy optics setups. I flip flop...
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Irons.  Run straight irons.

+1

I think everyone should learn to run irons real good before moving on to optics. That's what I'm doing, mainly because I can't afford my optic yet
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a run what ya brung event. Some people like Eagle refuse to join the 21st century and others have crazy optics setups. I flip flop...

Hey, I resemble that remark.  I've only been running irons since the shoots began.  I run only irons and didn't do too bad at all when we were doing the 100-200 yard stuff.  I will agree 100% that the dot sights are far quicker for target engagements from contact to 75-90 yards - especially multiple targets.  Just no money to upgrade to the latest gear.

Seriously, I find it funny how some people switch their optics depending on what stage it is.  If shit hits the fan are you going to carry two optics and then try to decide which is best for what's going on?

I love keeping track of the round count - always thought about doing this but always forget to do it.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 4:23:13 AM EDT
[#21]
My usual answer to the 300 round things is simply because running out sucks, and you get to take the leftovers home.  Guess that's not enough.

Let me explain a bit more so maybe we can put it to rest (please).

Each month is somewhat different set up wise.  The big reason is because we don't sit around deciding which COF's, stages etc before hand.  Most of that stuff is decided the morning of the shoot.  A lot of people are used to going to, say an IDPA match, where everything is scripted down to the round count and scoring type.  The reason they do this is because there must be a level playing field for the competitors in terms of score.  This is not to talk down those type of shoots.  I have a rather low IDPA membership number and used to serve as match director.  The two types of shoots are just a good bit different.

To further the explanation, overall round count is also impacted by several other factors.  First is if we shoot all together, carbine class style then break into COF type of shoots, or if we split into groups and do all COF shoots.  This can impact round count quickly and can change it by a hundred rounds really easy.  Another reason is the weather.  If you look at Eagle's round count you see a no pistol month.  It was really cold that month and we all had heavy gloves on.  I decided to be safe and skip any pistol, no use getting someone hurt.  The shoots tend to be a bit shorter time wise when the extreme temps hit us, no one complains.  

When ammo prices went up and up and up, we decided to try to keep round count down some.  A few less reps here and limiting shots there helped people stretch their ammo budget.

Lastly, shooter turn our dictates it more than most people think.  Small turnout may equate to additional reps, or we could do more technical stuff and actually use less ammo.  Don't forget the occasional specialty months and hopefully you can understand why their is no "magic number" each month.  We have only exceeded 300 a few times so it's a safe number to bring.

Link Posted: 12/26/2011 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the range open this week, or still closed for deer?  

Staying on topic:  See you Sunday.  Oh, and do I really need 300 rounds of rifle and pistol?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes, and since you asked we will be using one paper target for all the shooters to put all 600 rounds into.

We will start with a 5mile forced march to warm up.  Then we will count everyones ammo, anyone with less than or more than 300 rounds will be asked to leave.  They will also forfeit all their guns and ammo, all corresponding tacticool gear and possibly the automobile they arrived in, to the shoot director.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes, and since you asked we will be using one paper target for all the shooters to put all 600 rounds into.

We will start with a 5mile forced march to warm up.  Then we will count everyones ammo, anyone with less than or more than 300 rounds will be asked to leave.  They will also forfeit all their guns and ammo, all corresponding tacticool gear and possibly the automobile they arrived in, to the shoot director.

LOL!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No Pushups
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Na, the ground may be cold.  Don't wanna put your patties on that cold ground.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#27]
You mean mud.  It's gonna be a warm one.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Just for that comment you will do the first push ups!
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Are we gonna have enough fingers and toes to count to 300?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes we did.

Thanks to everyone for coming out today.  We had a nice turn out and I was glad to see lots of you in this newest year.

Remember we will be indoors in Feb.  I will start a new thread shortly for that event.

Thanks Again,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the work you put into these shoots.  I have a blast and have become a much better shooter because of these events.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I came, I saw, and I got to shoot a m1919 (THANKS STEVE!!).

Hoping I can actually shoot next time out. I tired to make it by 11:30, but with a sick Wife and two little ones, it was hard to pull away.

Nice shooting everyone!

-Will
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#33]
snip
Quoted:
Thanks for the work you put into these shoots.  !

I second that !
It is a great time , I gain some knowledge & hone my skills each time I attend !
Shooting the 1919 was AWESOME ! thanks Steve !

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I can't send the pics and video through email. Im uploading them to youtube now. I'll send links to those of you that wanted certian vids of fireballs, strum44, and slowmo vids.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I can't send the pics and video through email. Im uploading them to youtube now. I'll send links to those of you that wanted certian vids of fireballs, strum44, and slowmo vids.

Awesome!  Me want linkies!

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrYsqMdo-c

I'm going to upload the video I took of Steve running that last "long" belt later tonight, I'll add the link tonight or tomorrow.

-Will
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What's your YouTube name?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#38]
user name: 419BRADLEYBUILT  Muzzel flash/fire slomo fo eagle106 Res sucks but you still look cool blasting.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#39]
For pistolpete Strum44 slomo More vids to come. Sorry its taken so long my isp is as slow to upload vids as dialupStrum44 and pistolpete have full auto fun
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:22:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For pistolpete Strum44 slomo More vids to come. Sorry its taken so long my isp is as slow to upload vids as dialup

Thx!  Very cool stuff.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
user name: 419BRADLEYBUILT  Muzzel flash/fire slomo fo eagle106 Res sucks but you still look cool blasting.

Very nice video, will give him PLENTY of time to watch his feet.

PropDoc I have one of you making a perfect run and another of Heathen making an almost perfect run.(need to watch your 6 in reverse last sec. of vid)PropDocandHeathen
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks again for those who put this event on.

And thanks to Steve for bringing some of his toys for us to try out.  The Bren was awesome!  As was the Lugar… hopefully it ended up being okay.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#44]
W.T.F.  Have I never told you to not cross your feet???

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#45]
And to keep your feet on the ground while backing?

Someone needs to edit out the last of Mikes video.

Wow, just wow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Where is the indoor shoot for next month taking place?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Where is the indoor shoot for next month taking place?

At the club house, same location.

Footwork reference (and no gun waving ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ZAF5jJ7V8&feature=related

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Just bring a plastic butter knife and spork for training and an ar15 parts kit and reciever.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top