Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2011 4:53:41 PM EDT
A friend of mine needs to get her CCW and I'm looking around for places for her to go in the Dayton area.  Anyone have any recommendations or experiences to share?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A friend of mine needs to get her CCW and I'm looking around for places for her to go in the Dayton area.  Anyone have any recommendations or experiences to share?

I know Vandalia Range and Armory does them. No experience with their course though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#2]
i think sim-trainer is pretty thorough (i think they exceed the min time requirement)

..other's ive heard are good: mad duck training
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:46:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

i think sim-trainer is pretty thorough (i think they exceed the min time requirement)

..other's ive heard are good: mad duck training

Looks that way.  I like that they actually have an attorney teaching the legal aspects.  I took mine at Vandalia Range and my only gripe was the lack of an attorney and what the actual law says; they had a lot of anecdotal stuff and "Well it's a good idea...." stuff.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
There's a sign I saw on 201 north of town that said women are free... if you track that down send me an IM, I've been trying to talk my wife into it for 5 years.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There's a sign I saw on 201 north of town that said women are free... if you track that down send me an IM, I've been trying to talk my wife into it for 5 years.

North of Huber area?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a sign a mile or so north of 571 on 201.  $65.00 for class but nothing about free for ladies.  I did mine years ago at Miami Valley Shooting grounds between Huber and Vandalia, think it's around $85.00.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm starting one tonight at 6pm for about 4 or 5 hours then finishing up tomorrow.
4715 Burkhardt Avenue Dayton, Ohio 45403

75 Bucks is my arfcom price.

Have them show up if they're serious.

J.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:48:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, didn't see that until this morning, Joe.  How often do you run classes and how many do you typically have in class?  Could I sit in with her?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There's a sign a mile or so north of 571 on 201.  $65.00 for class but nothing about free for ladies.  I did mine years ago at Miami Valley Shooting grounds between Huber and Vandalia, think it's around $85.00.

That's the one. On the side, vertically, it says women are free in a font that's not the easiest to read.

Before he got into whatever trouble he got into, Vince (Winemaker on arfcom) in Bellbrook allowed military members in free.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top