Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/12/2011 5:13:20 AM EDT
Hi all... I've put together a 1-day basic AR-15 class I call "Black Rifle 101."    This class is a one-day primer on the AR-15 and its variants.  Some of the topics covered include: History & Design of the AR-15, Laws and Regulations, Safe Operation and Handling, Disassembly and Cleaning, Ammunition Selection, Basic Marksmanship, Malfunction Clearance, Options and Accessories and basic defensive applications.

This is not a course most Arfcommer's probably need, but if you have friends or family members (for example) who you would like to have safe, professional instruction in AR use, this is the class.  

As for my background,  I am an NRA certified instructor, and a Certified AR armorer with over 20-years of experience on the AR platform including competitive and "tactical" training.  I don't bill myself as an "operator,"  just someone with particular knowledge of marksmanship and the AR platform as well as a professional safety instructor.   My classes are a safety-first environment with all the information presented based in real-world, logical applications.  You will not have skyrockets fired at you or be required to do the Spetznaz flying reverse hatchet throw, I will not regail you with tales of my days as a space shuttle door gunner or give you advice about what to do when the zombies attack.  

If you are looking for a class on tactical shooting,  this is probably not it.  If you would like to know the nitty-gritty on getting the most out of your AR, picking the right ammo, dealing with malfunctions, proper field-stripping and cleaning on the other hand, please give my class some consideration.  

Course cost is $150 (but I will give a $25 discount to fellow arfcommers) which includes lunch and the use of a rifle/ammo if you don't have one yet.  

The next class date is Saturday, August 27th 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

SOME PICS FROM THE AUGUST CLASS:

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:34:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Where do you hold the class, and do you have a web-site to advertise other classes?

I would probably be interested (and know of a few others who may be too) but I have a lot of weekend work this time of year.  I most likely won't be able to attend this one. I've done an armorer's course (Defensive Edge) but I love taking classes and your pricing is in my range.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:39:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The classes are held at my range in Swanton, Ohio a few miles from the Toledo Express Airport.   You can find more information on my website at: http://www.artifex.ws/arms

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'll check your site out when I get home tonight.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top