Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/8/2011 7:32:12 AM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/police-unravel-motive-ohio-rampage-133759325.html

Aside from the obvious "this doesn't have to happen at all", we really don't need this sort of crap to give the nervous Nellie's more to "worry" about.

At least police sent him where he needed to go.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Horrible story. I watched it on the news last night with my family and I was brought to tears. It's stories like this which reinforce my choice to CCW, because you never know.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Horrible story. I watched it on the news last night with my family and I was brought to tears. It's stories like this which reinforce my choice to CCW, because you never know.

I hear you. It reminds me why I got mine, too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Said "Nervous Nellies" need a CCW to protect themselves from nut jobs of this sort.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That hit close to home. I grew up not far from there and knew one of the families affected.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:19:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Said "Nervous Nellies" need a CCW to protect themselves from nut jobs of this sort.

I'm more talking about the clowns who will use this to push their anti-gun agenda. The type who would never consider arming themselves.

They're going to have a field day with this.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That hit close to home. I grew up not far from there and knew one of the families affected.

Yeah, that's way too close. Sorry to hear it.

You'd like to think that stuff like this wouldn't happen in Ohio, but I guess nuts are everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:06:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Any word on the weapon he used? The anti's will have a field day if he used anything that would have been banned if the AWB was still in affect. (Although we know it could've happened regardless. Any idiot can reload a 10-round mag in about two seconds.)
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]
The newspaper story I read today said that the killer used a pair of .45 handguns.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The newspaper story I read today said that the killer used a pair of .45 handguns.

At this point I would bet it was not a rifle with detachable magazines or it would be all over the follow up news stories. I feel terrible for these people, their families and the entire community.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The question I have is?? " Your telling me NO ONE had a wepaon close at hand during all this"??? Not a handgun, 22 rifle or even a shotgun???

Shaking my head, haven't we learned anything from the past.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:39:58 AM EDT
[#11]
AR-Doctor:
The first responder was a former police officer who heard the gun fire from inside his house and stopped the carnage. That's right. A private citizen, legally armed and trained put an end to it. I only saw one newstory about him. The body cound could have been a lot higher without him. The guy's a hero in my book.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AR-Doctor:
The first responder was a former police officer who heard the gun fire from inside his house and stopped the carnage. That's right. A private citizen, legally armed and trained put an end to it. I only saw one newstory about him. The body cound could have been a lot higher without him. The guy's a hero in my book.

The citizen assisted a Copley PD officer.  My understanding from second hand accounts of people involved is the Officer ended the situation.

Also one of the weapons was a Hi-Point .45 purchased from a pawn shop.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#13]
This is exactly why I carry. It kind of reminds me of what happened in toucson before I left arizona.
and what the hell does a double rainbow have to do wiyh anything???
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top