Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2011 2:40:11 PM EDT
On this Easter Sunday saw a Chinnok fly roughly southwest over Springfield, toward the general area of WPAFB. Who/why would there be exercises on a holiday?
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Because the unit that owns them (mine)is leaving for Afganistan this fall, can't let Christ's Resurrection get in the way of training after all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sir for protecting us today!  I will watch for you to fly over my place and give you a wave!
Stay safe up there.
Chad
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#3]
had 3 of them flyover over north end of Columbus today too
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]
That thing flew over here...   I was lounging, watching "SNIPER" on TV, and it came over right at the end as they were getting extracted by a chopper.

Good timing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Be safe over there!
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because the unit that owns them (mine)is leaving for Afganistan this fall, can't let Christ's Resurrection get in the way of training after all.

Coulda popped the hatch and waived, i was actually at Speedway and was the only one looking skyward scratching my head. Pretty foggy up there where you guys were also, Christ was resurrected, and we got Chinook's... seems both parties won on that one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]
OK we love you guys in the shithooks, they saved me sooooo much humping in the day...

But the A10's yesterday!  AWESOME!

Could hardly hear them over the wind noise though, darn commercial engines.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top