Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/15/2011 1:13:53 PM EDT
Yeah, John Gilcrest their spokesman has fought and accused chls of being criminals..

OH Police Chiefs misuse funds

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-news/ohio-police-chiefs-group-misused-5m-homeland-security-audit-finds-1137055.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio — An audit by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's internal watchdog says a police chiefs group in Ohio mishandled nearly $5 million in federal grants.

The Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police received more than half the money allocated to the state through a local police terrorism prevention program.

Homeland Security's Inspector General says $4.8 spent by the association was not allowed under the grant, misclassified, handled outside the grant's timelines or not properly documented.

The watchdog has recommended the federal Emergency Management Agency recoup the money from the state EMA, the local granting authority.

Joe Andrews, a spokesman for the state Public Safety department, tells the Columbus Dispatch Ohio is working with the chiefs group to see if any of the money can be documented.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#1]
whats new it does not surprise me not one bit
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Now before we jump to conclusions here, we should find out if this was a good faith effort by the chiefs to infuse some money into their force, buy/replace gear and generally use the money to improve services to their citizens, which was not part of the grant guidlines (it was probably to buy something stupid and to invade our privacy) or did they all take their mistresses to Vegas?

One will make me happy, one will make me angry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now before we jump to conclusions here, we should find out if this was a good faith effort by the chiefs to infuse some money into their force, buy/replace gear and generally use the money to improve services to their citizens, which was not part of the grant guidlines (it was probably to buy something stupid and to invade our privacy) or did they all take their mistresses to Vegas?

One will make me happy, one will make me angry.

Now I hear what you are saying BUT! the cops have become the lets just do what the hell we want to do and beg for forgiveness crew " we were just trying to do the right thing"  bla bla bla when does the time come that they follow the rules like every one else has to do... This country has gone to hell, if you have money or you are LEO you can get away with anything.. but if you are just John Q Public very soon you will be strung up and toss in a deep hole for J walking...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#4]
i live in pataskala tell me why my citys cheif of police makes $250,000.00 a year? talk about a poor use of funds
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top