Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 5:49:30 PM EDT
headed that way in a few weeks and was wondering what the place was like.

can't seem to find out much online.

any info appreciated

thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Just make sure you don't clip any stoned college kids from OU

Not sure where you would shoot.  Its just a dammed up creek with a trail around it - maybe 8 mile round trip.  Theres some decent rock formations along and off the trail.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just make sure you don't clip any stoned college kids from OU

Not sure where you would shoot.  Its just a dammed up creek with a trail around it - maybe 8 mile round trip.  Theres some decent rock formations along and off the trail.

supposedly there is a rifle and pistol range there somewhere...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not very fancy, but I use to shoot their back in my college days.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Never been to the range in my 4+ years of college there, but GREAT fishing!   6
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#5]
They put yellow tape around the rifle range with an area closed sign.  College kids were dragging televisions out there and making a mess.

It's never regulated so not many people is out there. I still shoot at the rifle part because there isn't anyone out there to check. Just make sure to pick up your casings. I go there about twice a month when the weather heats up.

The pistol range is still open.

Rifle range is 100 meters, Pistol is 25 meters.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Are there benches?

Are there places to staple up some targets?

If there aren't some sort of tables or benches I wont bring much.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes there are benches. 2 in the rifle area and 1 in the pistol area.

Clothes line strung up on the pistol area so bring clothes pin or better yet bring some line just in case.

No target stands in the rifle area. It's open range area. Bring 2 sticks, line to place target. This area is "closed" so make sure to clean up.

Most people don't use this range because almost everyone has or knows someone who has large acreage of land to shoot. I have 2 buddies who would let me shoot on their land and they have 200-300 meter targets set up on their back yards.

We're very gun friendly here in Athens county even though 70% are democrats and voted for Obama.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top