Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:55:33 AM EDT
I will be in Springfield for a few days for work and was wondering if anybody can recommend any decent restaurants.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#1]
(disclaimer, I didn't look up the exact street addresses, good luck)
Casey's on the west side, (Columbia street as you come into town on the west side) is nice, a little expensive, but good steaks.
Hickory Inn on N Limestone St. just north of down town right across the bridge.
Riddle's ribs isn't bad, but, its on W. Pleasant St. so watch your ass, and carry if you can.
Los Mariachis is on east Main and has decent Mexican food.
Yamato's Japanese steak house, on the far east end of Main St. (east National Rd. right by the Walmart) has decent sushi. for some reason they are not open on Mondays.
Our Hero subs has good food, the one on N. Plum st. is definitely safer than the one on Selma Rd.
Schuler's Doughnut shop down town on east Main St. if you want to have a real doughnut and not the krispy cream bullshit.
If you got time head south out of Springfield on Rt. 68 to Yellow Springs, (about 12 miles) and Peaches Bar and Grill on the right side as you get into town has good food, and usually 10 or 12 beers on tap.
the Old trail Tavern is also in Yellow Springs, just down the street from Peaches about a block, it has decent food, but a good beer selection on tap.
Hell you may get lucky and run into Dave Chappelle, he's in town quite a bit, since he lives just outside of Yellow Springs.
that's about it, other than the basic chain bullshit. I'm guessing I forgot some of them but these are pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
If you like cigars, head to The Wharf in Beavercreek (may run into Chappelle there, too, but unlikely).

The broasted chicken at Carriage Inn in Enon is out of this world.

Go to the USAF museum if you get the chance!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Awsome, thanks for the info.

Looks like I am going to get to hit CMP also on Wednesday.

Should be the most fun work trip I have had in awhile.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
(disclaimer, I didn't look up the exact street addresses, good luck)
Casey's on the west side, (Columbia street as you come into town on the west side) is nice, a little expensive, but good steaks.
Hickory Inn on N Limestone St. just north of down town right across the bridge.
Riddle's ribs isn't bad, but, its on W. Pleasant St. so watch your ass, and carry if you can.
Los Mariachis is on east Main and has decent Mexican food.
Yamato's Japanese steak house, on the far east end of Main St. (east National Rd. right by the Walmart) has decent sushi. for some reason they are not open on Mondays.
Our Hero subs has good food, the one on N. Plum st. is definitely safer than the one on Selma Rd. (Derr Rd. Location being the ideal spot for safety.)
Schuler's Doughnut shop down town on east Main St. if you want to have a real doughnut and not the krispy cream bullshit. (There's one also on Derr Rd.)
If you got time head south out of Springfield on Rt. 68 to Yellow Springs, (about 12 miles) and Peaches Bar and Grill on the right side as you get into town has good food, and usually 10 or 12 beers on tap.
the Old trail Tavern is also in Yellow Springs, just down the street from Peaches about a block, it has decent food, but a good beer selection on tap.
Hell you may get lucky and run into Dave Chappelle, he's in town quite a bit, since he lives just outside of Yellow Springs.
that's about it, other than the basic chain bullshit. I'm guessing I forgot some of them but these are pretty good.

I would also add Cecil & Lime Cafe for a nice dinner, it's a cozy intimate place.
Also Rudy's on N. Bechtle Ave. is decent for BBQ
If you're looking for big chain restaurants figure on going to N. Bechtle Ave. for BW3's , Fridays , Texas Roadhouse , Olive Garden , Applebee's , O'Charley's , Penn Station , Panara Bread , Chipotle , Steak n Shake. And there's prob a few others i missed.

If you're going to Yellow Springs area there's also Young's Dairy, they have good sit down country food and home made ice cream.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top