Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/5/2010 6:44:11 AM EDT
Hi all. I just moved to Oh and now lives in Cincinnati. I am thinking about doing an SBR build and was wondering how agreeable is the Cincy PD is signing off Form 1's for individuals, or should I just goto the trust route. If I go the trust route, any recommendations on lawyers?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
i live in clermont county and have to go the trust or LLc route. i am currently saving money to register my LLc and sbr an ar15 and buy a suppresor
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Not gonna happen in Hamilton county, you need to go the LLC/trust route.  It's the Sheriff's signature you need and he will not sign off on any NFA paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
What part of Cincinnati do you live in? I know people who live in Delhi and Cheviot who had no problem getting the Form signed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in Mt. Lookout.

I read about the trust route and it looks pretty straight forward. What's the downside with that option?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
more money
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
more money

In addition to this, if the company were ever dissolved or sold, the NFA items must either be turned in or legally transferred to the new owner.  They belong to the company, not to you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
more money

What is more money?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I went the trust route.  Trust was done by my Dad who is an attorney.  Send me an email....not PM.  I will put you in contact with him.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
more money

What is more money?

He was answering the question as to what downsides there were to going the LLC route.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually I was inquiring about trust, not LLC. Certainly trust will cost money to preapre, but if I can't get the CLEO to sign off, then that leaves me little choice.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top