Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/5/2010 3:48:42 AM EDT
Guys,

I went with the WA Home Town Forum to their monthly get to gether.

Why cant we do something like this??  I spotted a BFL on the door of a big chevy 3/4 ton last night downtown dayton.

Id like to go eat, and hit one of the local ranges like Miami Valley or something.

Any interest>?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol Ill take that as "no",  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell I would be up for for that!......

I work in Dayton, but live in Preble county....

shoot me a pm..

colt!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good to me.  I miss the gatherings at Millers.  All I would like to see is a place that is friendly to machineguns and stuff.

Dan
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
im game, im a man without a range after leaving the sportsman club in middletown . i could not bear the thought of giving them anouther dollar with how they run the place. and the money being embezzled. i have only been shooting three times this year.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:46:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I go to Miami Valley (went there yesterday for a few hours)  they are cool with my suppressors and m/gs and such.

Lets keep hammering on this, and maybe it will be something to look forward to.

Is there a week/weekend/time that would suit everyone best?

For me, I work until 6 each night, and till 12 on saturdays.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
im game, im a man without a range after leaving the sportsman club in middletown . i could not bear the thought of giving them anouther dollar with how they run the place. and the money being embezzled. i have only been shooting three times this year.

You should check out Miami Rifle & Pistol.  Middletown and Fairfield Sportsman's Association are both shotgun clubs that tolerate rifle and pistol shooters.  Miami is a Rifle and Pistol club.  Period.  There is a clay thrower at the edge of the rifle range but that's all as far as shotgunning goes.  I'm okay with that because if I want to shoot skeet or trap, I'll just go to FSA or Middletown and pay by the round.  You don't have to be a member at either club to shoot clay birds and even members pay by the round (just not as much).
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I miss the gatherings at Millers as well.  The overnighters and winter shoots were awesome.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#8]

I'd be down with some sort of regular gtg.

Quoted:

im game, im a man without a range after leaving the sportsman club in middletown .

Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmens Association is good folks.  $50/year to be a member.  IDPA & 3-Gun matches monthly, and a whole raft of other stuff.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounding good.

I think it would be helpful if interested parties could post their town, so we can see what location is best.

Im in Huber Heights, just north of Dayton.  I work in Monroe, so traveling anywhere along 75 between those is ok with me.

As far as range requirements, I want f/a, suppressed, and would like at least 100yds.  I also enjoy pistol lanes.

In my experience thus far, Miami Valley is the only one that meets these requirements.  

As far as food, Id be good with anything, from china buffet to red robin, 5 guys, texas roadhouse, whatever.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
What's Miami R&P's guest policy?  

At CCFSA we're only allowed to bring two guests along (and each guest is only permitted 3 visits before they expect them to pony up for a membership).
Also, anyone in SW Ohio interested in a GTG for Resident Evil: Afterlife this weekend?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

At CCFSA we're only allowed to bring two guests along (and each guest is only permitted 3 visits before they expect them to pony up for a membership).

Also, anyone in SW Ohio interested in a GTG for Resident Evil: Afterlife this weekend?

There's no limit to the number of guests or how often they can visit at MRPC.  As a member, however, you are responsible for all your guests, so I try and keep it to no more than four or so.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:21:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no limit to the number of guests or how often they can visit at MRPC.  As a member, however, you are responsible for all your guests, so I try and keep it to no more than four or so.

from the sounds of your comments id be inclined to get my own membership there. sounds great. how far is rifle range? edit.. nevermind i looked it up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#13]
There are actually two rifle ranges.  One to 200 and a KD range out to 600.  You have to "qualify" in order to shoot at 400 or greater, but it's really just somebody making sure you're on paper.  It really is a nice club...lots of events (I'm shooting bowling pins for the first time this Sunday...with a 22LR) and you don't have to be a member to shoot at any of the matches.

Regards,
Darren
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top