Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/30/2010 7:09:26 PM EDT
Anybody going to the airshow this weekend? I'm heading out there on Saturday and I'm going to try to head downtown on Friday for some of the practice sessions.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be on the boat, getiing my hair trimmed by F-18s
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The airshow was back in July.  What's this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

http://clevelandairshow.com/

Its always been Labor Day Weekend, No?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://clevelandairshow.com/  

Its always been Labor Day Weekend, No?

Open mouth, insert foot.  I have no idea what you northerners are up to .... lol.  I was thinking of the Dayton Air Show at first which is always mid-July, then I thought of this.

ETA: Photos of past giant scale r/c fly-ins can be seen here.  Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool pics of the model planes.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Hells yes! I have box seats sunday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
no thanks, enjoyment to me is not fighting traffic and then  paying the nutzoid parking lot fees and entrance fee to just sit  around in 90+ degress heat sweating my balls  off watching planes fly.

if I want to watch planes, I can see planes take off and land from my kitchen window while I sit in AC and drinking coffee.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
if I want to watch planes, I can see planes take off and land from my kitchen window while I sit in AC and drinking coffee.

Do any of the planes you  watch take off rotate the nose straight up and accelerate?

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
no, I admit that.  but if I want to see that,  I'll turn on the DISCOVERY/HISTORY CHANNEL and see it there
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to run into Cleveland today for steel and I stopped and watched a very entertaining practice session.

I won't be going to the airshow simply because I hate dealing with traffic, but I really think it would be a great time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I was able to take the afternoon off and go watch the Blue Angels practice session (and to play with my new 7D):

Hopefully the weather holds up on Saturday.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#12]
[ doubletap ]

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
i will be there on saturday i thought the weather was going to cool down with this hurrcaine bringing a cold front. also those big rc plane i have few trying to sell them/trade them if you want to know what i got dropo me a email
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I was watching them practice today. I'm going to try and make it down Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm shootin' for sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Those are some pics!  Be on the boat  2-4 o clock to get my fix.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:23:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Might go on Monday.  Either sit in Lakeview Cemetery or another secret spot where I can park and watch for free.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm shootin' for sunday afternoon.

Better be.

I really wish I had better glass to bring.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[ doubletap ]

But very nice pics.   In some of the pics the F-18 leading wing edge appears to be adjustable; never noticed that before.

#5 and #6 really know how to put on a show.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[ doubletap ]

But very nice pics.   In some of the pics the F-18 leading wing edge appears to be adjustable; never noticed that before.

Leading edge slats.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#21]
It's raining ... bummer. Looks like I'm going to postpone going until Monday. Blues practice was awesome yesterday. The weather cleared up just in time:

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I got there about 9:15. My daughter and I, along with some friends had a table in The Barnstormer Club seating. It was cold, about 50 degrees before the windchill and raining. Actual temp had to be in the low 40's. We tried to wait out the rain in the truck and decided to go to the rock hall. We returned to the show at about 2:00 PM. Had a shitty lunch that was included with the table tickets. The weather did improve, at least it stopped raining.
The static displays were pretty ho hum.  
Regardless of the weather, the show sucked. The Blue Angels always please though. Dayton puts on a much better show than Cleveland. Next time the Blues come to Dayton, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#23]
just got back had good time. weather was perfect
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

just got back had good time. weather was perfect

Agreed.

Saw alot of guys who could pass for arfcommers today. Alot of firearm related hats/shirts/etc.

One guy in a Browning hat asked me if the cannon on the front of the A10 would be good for home defense...

I had a laugh.

The Blue Angels were awesome.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top