Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:24:55 AM EDT
Went to the Medina show today... things are back to "nornmal" in terms of attendence, it seems. Which of course for Medina means that the place was still packed. (But it wasn't the madhouse it was early this year.)

AR prices are starting to come back down. The most expensive lower I saw was $175, with most being $130-ish. PMAGs were down to $16-$17; still high, but not the $20+ they were a few months ago. At least it's progress.

A good number of dealers had the new Colt-branded Umarex-made .22 AR. For those that consider the GSG-5 an overgrown toy, I don't know what you'd consider this thing to be. Receivers are both polymer. The trigger is very un-AR-like. The mags look retarded, of course, and don't feel very sturdy either. CH feels very different, and there's no latch. I'm not sure how you're supposed to drop the bolt on a fresh mag, either, as the bolt catch is non-functional (molded into the receivers).

AK prices are still insane - people were wanting $800-$1000 for Century-built Yugo underfolders.

Ammo is generally nuts - $15+ for FMJ 9mm. I did pick up a few boxes of .38 for $16 ea; oh, and on a related note, one table wanted $45 for a single box of .357.

Primers of all kinds were there to be had in reasonable quantities - if you wanted to pay $60 per k.

Handgun prices continue to be stable.

There was a guy walking around with a pre-B CZ75; unfortunately, since it wasn't what I came for, I told him I would check back after looking for what I really wanted. After finding what I came for (Smith 586) for less than I expected to be paying, I went to find him to snatch up the classic CZ as well, but I guess he left by then.

At least I got the 586, though!

ETA:

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it might be time for me to come out of hiding.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sounds like it might be time for me to come out of hiding.

Yeah, me too.

I guess it is time to dust off the old nose plugs and head out to to the next Medina show.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
i went today also, saw a rra striped lower for $250 i was like  WTF !
most were like $ 125 ish, one dealer had yankee hill lowers @ $99 > not bad
primers : saw a guy that wanted  $300 for 5k
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i went today also, saw a rra striped lower for $250 i was like  WTF !

Huh - didn't see that one. Then again, I was only casually looking at AR parts. Oh and if IIRC, there was (also) a dealer there with RRA lowers for $130.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody see the table with the counterfeit Eotechs and mounts? Pathetic.

Oh...and Blazer 9mm ammo (that you can go and buy at Wally world when the timing is right) for over 20 dollars a box. Federal .22 value packs for over 35 bucks a box? What a freakin' deal!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, nice score on the Smith. That's a good looking revolver.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP, nice score on the Smith. That's a good looking revolver.

Definitely!!!
I had no idea there was a show at Medina this weekend. I even looked to see when the next one was and must have missed it. I'm looking for a 4" S&W 629 and I figure that would have been the place to look.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I'll be looking at that purchase for the wifey next. Then, maybe another AR, if the time is right. I've seen lower parts for anywhere from $70 to $150.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I almost plunked down 3500 on the Sig 556/P226 limited edition digital desert camo combo.  But the guy had signs all over the place saying Do Not Handle.  So I didnt and left.  

j/k
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top