Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:45:51 PM EDT
Alright all you Ohio Hometown Forum guys.  Just wanted to let everyone know about the action rifle matches we are having in Findlay this year.  The matches will be held the 2nd Saturday of each month at 12:00 p.m.   Setup will be at 9 a.m. with shooting starting at noon.  The cost for the match is $15.00.  Anyone interested in helping to setup and tear down will shoot at the discounted rate of $8.00.  Any semi-auto rifles/carbines are welcome.  We are expanding this year to include at least one shotgun stage each match.  We are trying to have multi-gun stages so bring a rifle, pistol and shotgun if you wish.  If you don't have all 3 feel free to come with your rifle and pistol to shoot through the stages.  Visit www.ucoa-findlay.com for directions.  Please feel free to email me with any questions  [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Buehler?  Buehler?  Alright anyone going 32 reads but not a single post?
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I went  to the UCOA-Findlay carbine class a couple months ago, and learned great techniques and  tons of information from the instructors––great job guys. I also attended the first UCOA carbine match last month. There were five stages. Each stage had its own personality. Some shooters walked all over a couple stages but then the other stages, well, walked all over the shooters. It was funny to see that. One stage called "Left-Right Stage", there were six IDPA targets in line approximately three feet apart from each other. The shooter was approximately twenty yards from the target line. Then, you had to move left while shooting each target two to the chest and one to the head (while moving). After you complete the course to the left then you had to move right and repeat (while moving) two chest and one to the head. We all got challenged. The "Car Stage" was excellent and the "Double Bunker Stage" was a great challenge because there were so many targets (it seamed like you were shooting for five minutes––you really were not) you had to pay attention––did I hit that target or not? Last but not least, cool "Door Entry Stage". it made me aware on how to use a door properly in a fight. Great Job UCOA-Findlay. I can't wait for the next match next week, especially the "Shotgun Stage".
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Scrampop,
I leave town on the 12th and will miss this months shoot. However, I will be attending the shoots in the following months and will bring a group of folks down with me. I hope we will be able to start attending on a regular basis beginning in July. Keep up the good work in Findlay.

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There is not a carbine shoot listed on the website calander for July 09. Will there be one in July? Man, I hope so!
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad someone finally chimed in.  Glad to hear you liked last months match.  CopDr looking forward to seeing you at the next match introduce yourself.  We are shooting the second Saturday of EVERY MONTH until probably October or November.  Trust me we are just getting warmed up down in Findlay as this is my first year as match director.  Look for this to become a 3 gun match with multiple stages we have 9 bays and a 100yd range to utilize and we are gonna utilize every inch of this place.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Scampop,

What's the round count for this match (carbines, pistols and tactical shotguns) this Saturday 13th at UCOA? Plus how many stages and what shooting levels are the stages?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Round count for this months match is no more than 150 rds of rifle, 50rds of pistol, and 10 rounds of birdshot and 10 rounds of slugs.  We will have 6 stages and the stages will vary in skill level.  Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in. About how late do these run? I'll be driving up from near Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The match begins at 12:00 p.m. and usually lasts until about 4p.m. at the latest.  It all depends upon the number of shooters that show up.  We have 8 bays so we can divide up into squads and shoot the match quicker.  I'll see you Saturday.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The web site says this is a carbine shoot. What types of firearms are we talking about? AR, AK, M1A, G3, UZI? I use to belong to this club when I lived in Findlay. Had to move to Defiance 4 years ago. Looks like I'm driving to Finday Saturday.

Andy
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Not Scrampop but I am staying at a Holiday Inn right now.

In the past any semi-auto "rifle" was fine.  AR, AK, FAL, Mini, etc......................

No real specifics, but then again things may have changed since I was around much.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#12]
MultiG is correct any semi auto rifle is welcome.  If you want to shoot a .22 to save money feel free.  These matches are for fun and to better yourself.  MultiG I know you are doing Black Swamp Carbine Club but you should stop out to one of the shoots this year.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#13]
My schedule gets rather non permissive at times, but I will try to get over some this year.  One of these days I may make an IDPA shoot as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Well another great match is in the can.  You guys did a great job once again.  The stages were challenging and fun and the shotgun stage was especially entertaining. Witnessed  some interesting  speed reloads on the shotgun.    
    To anyone who didn't make it or is considering going...do it!  You won't regret it.  The matches are a great chance to learn or hone your skills and more importantly have a lot of fun.  There is only as much pressure as you want to put on yourself  and plenty of room for good friendly competition.   The left/right stage made another appearance and some new elements were added as well including a magpul inspired cover obstacle and some urban prone target engagement (lots of fun).    I personally had a great time and even enjoyed our "Vietnam" stage in the down pouring rain.  

Thanks again for all your hard work.   See you next month or at the IDPA

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey everyone,
Great match!!!! If anyone wants to learn how to speed load a shotgun, don't watch me. First hint, don't drop shells (had to be there) and two for one on the poppers with a shotgun––awesome shot by a incredible lady who is a carbine shooter (one major ass kicker), she also shoots with her husband. I thought all of the stages were an excellent challenge. I must say, Vietnam stage was fun, wet, tons of targets and lots of obstacles. Car stage was an interesting stage because you had a chance to use a simulated car to shoot under at 8 targets. "Delta Drill" stage honed your speed and accuracy. Good job UCOA. Looking forward to next match.

No one do the rain dance next time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No one do the rain dance next time.

I second that!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#17]
This thread is worthless without pictures!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#18]
You don't need pictures if you show up to the match.  Just kidding unfortunately we didn't get a chance to take pictures.  We were going to after the match but it was raining and we chose not to.  We will take pictures at the next match and post them if I can figure out how to post pics.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like some great stages, and I love to at least drool over the set up if I can't make it.
I'd love to make it up to a match some time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll try and get some video of the next match and post it as well.  If you come to the match you may even end up in it.  I am sure it will look better first hand down the sights of your rifle but if anyone still needs convincing maybe it will help.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top