Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 2:16:58 PM EDT
Is anybody going this Sunday or are people taking a break because of the ammo snafu?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Well last shoot three of the instructors said they wouldnt be there. I was thinking I may go and use my ciener kit to keep costs down. I would realy like to shoot 556 at a 5 gal. bucket on the 500yd range just to see if I can place some hits.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe bigbore will run it this month. Sounds like it may be mostly handgun.From a couple of his posts on the Black Swamp forum....

Thinking of things to do for May and am digging for thoughts here. (I dont know why, because only 4 of the 20 some people that will probably show up actually read these posts.)

What about the next shoot being 90% pistol?

How many people are comfortable shooting over/around their own cars?

Would anyones feeling be hurt if "tactical gear" were not allowed? Just normal what/how you wear clothes - and none of that bullshit wearing a vest over your gear.

I'm going for a theme of this shoot to be more practical application, then the usual run and gun games and more individually focused than groups.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Heres the game plan so far. We'll be shooting in a few bays, but only 1 shooter at a time. There will be more targets, and rounds fired then probably any time before.
we'll begin zeroing carbines as a group at 50yds, then pistols at 15yds.

If anyone is actually reading this that is attending, please pay attention to your surroundings every day until the shoot. Any time you feel you were in a position to be open to attack, take a note. These will be the scenarios, if props are needed bring some.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be taking some time off until I get a CMMG .22 unit for the rifle, it's not the cost of ammo that bothers me, it's the inablity to find it to replace what's been shot.

Hell, it's even getting hard to find the 500rd packs of .22LR - it's just nuts right now.  Would love to do a little more pistol work though, have to wait and see what sunday brings.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Once again, I had a great time.  Thanks bigbore for letting my buddy use your 19.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top