Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2009 10:41:33 AM EDT
Thinking of going Sunday, but was curious what the show was like. Have not been to the Berea show in a while.

Link Posted: 3/21/2009 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup. It was nuts to butts, and the prices weren't too great. I got there about 11am this morning and stayed until 1pm or so. I sold a flat top upper and a carry handle, and I bought 500 rds of 9mm, an M16 cleaning kit, and some assorted lower parts. The smaller building (without food) smelled like  BO, jerky, and old dusty shit. AR's were anywhere from 1200-1400 and up.  One table had Fidelis Arms lowers for 130, and another had stripped Bushy lowers for 350. Obviously somebody didn't price check.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Tried to buy a RRA parts kit from Frank. His wife told me they were only selling them with the lowers they had on the table. I asked her why there were more parts kits than lowers and she said they had more back at the shop that they could go in. I wondered out loud if that policy was going to change once the current lowers were gone and she insisted they would go back home with them.

They would not sell me a parts kit.

Seriously stupid. I am done with them. I don't care if their AR's are decently priced. I would rather pay more from somebody else.

I have had a low opinion of them since Karen (if that's her name) told me they don't sell gas blocks because their customers are too stupid to install them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 7:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tried to buy a RRA parts kit from Frank. His wife told me they were only selling them with the lowers they had on the table. I asked her why there were more parts kits than lowers and she said they had more back at the shop that they could go in. I wondered out loud if that policy was going to change once the current lowers were gone and she insisted they would go back home with them.

Seriously stupid. I am done with them. I don't care if their AR's are decently priced. I would rather pay more from somebody else.

I have had a low opinion of them since Karen (if that's her name) told me they don't sell gas blocks because their customers are too stupid to install them.

People like that have no business being in business.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I gave up on them awhile ago. Few years ago I bought an Armalite from them (presented as a factory built gun). I had a hard time opening and closing the upper. I called Armalite to send it in for repair. Found out that "my gun" was sold as a "receiver" and there was no warranty on the closing problem because somebody else put it togehter. (I'll let you figure out who put it together).

The problem turned out to be the buffer tube was threaded a little too far in.

So no, I would not deal with FRank and Karen. Last year they were talking about getting out of the gun show cicuit, guess they changed their minds.

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Haven't been to a Berea Show since October, when it was still "normal". This buying frenzy/shortage has turned normally sound business folks into greedy idiots. I've been doing my buying online when I can.

As far as Frank and Blondie goes, why were they displaying the LPKs if they weren't going to sell them?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Haven't been to a Berea Show since October, when it was still "normal". This buying frenzy/shortage has turned normally sound business folks into greedy idiots. I've been doing my buying online when I can.

As far as Frank and Blondie goes, why were they displaying the LPKs if they weren't going to sell them?

Wierd, Huh?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:56:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wierd, Huh?

I gave up trying to figure people out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The crowd was not as bad as past shows, at least it seemed that way.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, went to the show Sunday. Arrived about noon, small line to get in. I was surprised this show was only in two buildings. Used to be a 3 building affair. Lots of magazines there. Saw a bunch of Pmags w/the window there. They were $25.

Saw Saiga 10 round mags and 20 round drums. $285 for drums, ouch.

Ammo was high. The only thing I bought was some 6.5x55 for a friend who couldn't make it to the show, and some ammo cans. Sure seems like the quality of the ammo cans is going down hill. Picked through a pile and found 3 that were not rusty inside.

Crowd was not too bad, a little more crowded than the old days, but not freaking insane lack the last three Medna shows have been.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can understand why they do it.  If they dont have LPKs, their chances of selling stripped lowers is greatly diminished.  They are just taking care of their customers that buy the lowers
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can understand why they do it.  If they dont have LPKs, their chances of selling stripped lowers is greatly diminished.  They are just taking care of their customers that buy the lowers

I would rather wait 6 months and order it for $70 from RRA direct. That way I don't have to buy from an insulting *****.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought it was misarable.  My 1230 on Sunday the first building was nuts to butts and there wasn't anything worth buying.  Then I got to hear about only being allowed to hahe 25round magazines from the owner of 7.62 Firearms..  No powder, primers, or anything related to reloading either.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:08:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I have always said Frank and his diaper butt are arrogant and a rip off. The only table I just walk by. I over heard her tell a customer that they dont sell gas blocks because people are to stupid to install them correctly. huh?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Who are Frank and Blondie?  Just regulars with a table? or do they have a company name/banner?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Who are Frank and Blondie?  Just regulars with a table? or do they have a company name/banner?

They have tables at all of the gun shows that I go to. They have lots of EBR's and decent prices on them, but like to gouge the shit out of their customers on other stuff and insult their intelligence.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#16]
thanks - I was hoping they had a company name or something so I could know who to avoid  

Guess I'll just ask the guy I'm dealing with if his name is Frank  
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#17]
If the guys wife is there and she is blond, ask her if they sell gas blocks. If she insults you by telling you your not smart enough to change it then you found them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I gotta admit - I kind of like them.  I have purchased crap from time to time and she has been pretty fair about things.

I guess Ive never asked about gas blocks
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
any idea as to when they will open up the third building?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
any idea as to when they will open up the third building?

Usually in the summer. Winter months is just two building because those are the only ones with theat.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top