Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 11/21/2008 6:44:07 AM EDT
Has anyone been to this one before? I was wondering about all the City of Cbus dumb A$$ laws about  so called Assault weapons with in the city limits and that dumb ass rule about some permit you need to buy from a dealer??
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If your referring to the permit you had to get through the city of Columbus to buy any gun that is long ago history, Im not 100% sure about that old law that prohibited people from buying assault weapons who lived within the city limits, it might be history to, I would maybe call a local shop to ask about that one to be safe.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Columbus has no gun laws anymore since the State passed legislation. You can buy any AR or AK type firearm with no worries about permits. Dealer just needs to run the NICS background check.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots of good info here:

Buckeye Firearms Association
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Columbus has no gun laws anymore since the State passed legislation. You can buy any AR or AK type firearm with no worries about permits. Dealer just needs to run the NICS background check.

Yep, Pre-emption laws were passed a year or so ago. All gun laws in Ohio are now the same and Columbus' AWB was voided as a result.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Will see you guys there. Stop by and say hi at the BFA table. Should be fun to watch and the newby ar buyers panic buying.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Will see you guys there. Stop by and say hi at the BFA table. Should be fun to watch and the newby ar buyers panic buying.

There should be some of the Adviser crew hooking up on Sunday.  We'll be sure to say hello.

Jay

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There should be some of the Adviser crew hooking up on Sunday.  We'll be sure to say hello.

Jay

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:12:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be set up for sure.

Hope it is a well attended show....
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The last one that took place at Vetran's Memorial was good, but not great.  I guess that I keep remembering back to the old OGCA shows there in the 80s, which were similar to being an adult Disney Land for firearms.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top