Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2008 2:06:15 PM EDT
ALERT: ODOT notifies Buckeye Firearms Assoc. visitor center "NO GUNS" signs to come down

On October 30, Buckeye Firearms Association was pleased to report that the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) had ordered all NO GUNS signs at state rest stops to be removed.

Buckeye Firearms Association has just received word that Chief Legal Counsel Cathy Cola Perkins has confirmed that "the signs will be coming down in the visitor centers as well."

The original directive instructing the removal of signs was issued on October 24, 2008 by Chief Legal Counsel Perkins, and read as follows:

Please visit following link to read this important information

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6254
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that one of the local Rest Areas on I71 North of Columbus already had the signs down as of Tuesday of this week. I was carrying and really glad to see the signs had been pulled!
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Good news, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  It is about damn time they took the signs down.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Clap, Clap, Clap.

I thought i would never say this. But Thank You (D.) Gov. Strickland.

Yes that "CROW" is mighty fine tasting.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, one less place I won't be breaking the law.

I always took a look at the situation and made a determination, commit a felony, get dead.  I always went with felony, you can plead them down, turns out you can't plead down dead.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Neat.  I emailed my local city parks dept. about the old signage (signs of rules/regs at parking lots), and I got a return phone call.  They were aware of the decision, and the city attorney was working on the revised ordinances and the signs are scheduled for replacement.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Those stupid victim disarmament zones are on their way out at rest stops. If you guys still see them up please make it known they are not lawful.

Sitting here and contemplating.. We've done a lot of good in this last 5 years. BFA and our supporters. Everyone told us we couldn't get these vast changes passed in Ohio and we got it done.

I fear now we will have to go from offense to defense with the current political situation. On the Local well BFA did well, The majority of our endorsed candidates won. we have a pro gun majority at the statehouse and are working to pass HB 450 "under 21 service member exemption bill" which we will try to add some fixes too. We have made friends in the local media and have been getting a fair shake from some at least.

On the fed level it could get tough for our second amendment liberties fast. Only time will tell. If only all the folks who never bothered to get involved in fighting for thier gun rights who are going out post election making record gun sales buying Black rifles would have voted or supported pro gun candadates we wouldn't be where we are today.

Now more than ever, the people who do care enough to get involved "we are a minority and dying breed" should stick together and support each other and our rights.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top