Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/13/2008 3:20:27 PM EDT
my old Ohio Hometown lost one of it's finest today, K-9 Officer, Josh Miktarian. great guy and great Officer.

Please pray for his family. Thanks, guys...

Killer of K-9 Police Officer Stopped for Loud Music

Funeral of K-9 Ptl. Josh Miktarian
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
done...............

I hope they fry that bastard................

Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Rest in Peace.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
What a dumbshit thing to shoot someone over.

This guy is too stupid to live and should be sentenced to death under the "darwin" clause.

Really, I need to stop here as the CoC specifically addresses some of my thoughts on this.

May God bring comfort to the family of the officer.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
What a pure shame.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully he'll get a real life sentence so he gets a chance to rot.

That's the problem with capital punishment...it's all over too quickly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
RIP brother.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hopefully he'll get a real life sentence so he gets a chance to rot.

That's the problem with capital punishment...it's all over too quickly.

Yeah, maybe, but I'm OK with that in this case.

Dead criminals don't commit more crimes, nor do they get paroled after "finding God".
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:47:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
done...............

I hope they fry that bastard................

+1.  Fry the fucker.  You can't let him live in prison for the rest of his life.  It will cost taxpayers too much money.  

RIP, Officer.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
On of my Friends (local small peace officer here) just called me and woke me up.  Her best friend is the killed officer's wife.  Just got off the phone with them.  They may be sending a jet to texas to pick her up for the funeral.  If she goes I will probably go as well.

RIP Brother. Thank you for you service.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Top of the hour news on WTAM in Cleveland just reported that the shooter (Thompson) had a CCW.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
my old Ohio Hometown lost one of it's finest today, K-9 Officer, Josh Miktarian. great guy and great Officer.

Please pray for his family. Thanks, guys...

Killer of K-9 Police Officer Stopped for Loud Music

As an ex-Buckeye LEO, my prayers are with the family for their loss.

I know sometimes people get upset with LEO's for doing their jobs, but it is a tough and thankless job, and they need all the support we can give them.

When you put on the badge and go to work, a good day at the office is simply just coming home safe at the end of your shift.

Rest in Peace Officer Miktarian, may God bless you and keep you.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Rest in Peace Brother.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#13]
RIP brother. May God show no mery to the shooter!
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Top of the hour news on WTAM in Cleveland just reported that the shooter (Thompson) had a CCW.

I was very disappointed to hear that, only because now we are all going to get vilified for it. I can hear that pig Toby Hoover now..."SEE! THEY'RE NOT LAW ABIDING!"

R.I.P. To the Officer

Condolences to the family.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I was very disappointed to hear that, only because now we are all going to get vilified for it. I can hear that pig Toby Hoover now..."SEE! THEY'RE NOT LAW ABIDING!"

Something's broken here.  If Miktarian ran Thompson's plate, it would have come back that Thompson had a CCW (assuming that the car is registered in his name, living at home with mom and all).
Also, why didn't Thompson reveal that he was carrying?  That's what the law requires. Casts some doubt on Thompson's self-defense claim.  No way Miktarian would have been putting cuffs on Thompson knowing he was carrying.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The local radio (WTAM 1100) also reported that the dash cam was "NOT WORKING" Twinsburg PD reported that it was one of the older super 8 cam's and was out of service at the time of the shooting. The perp. pled 'NOT GUILTY" this morning in Akron Court on a Self Defense claim.

Insert Jackson, Sharpton, and all the rest to our small town soon.

Evidence: Shot 4 times to the head at close range, Arrested with the weapon and one hand still wearing the officers cuff's.

IMHO:

I see NO REASON for anything less than a firing squad at sunrise. Sell tickets to benifit the mans family.

I'll stop here before the C.O.C gets me in trouble.

RIP, You will be missed...
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife and I went to high school with Josh. He was a good guy, always had his stuff together even back then. It has been a few years since I have spoken with him but my prayers are with his family.
This self defense claim is a bunch of BS. Josh's duty weapon was still holstered and his K9 companion was still locked up in the car. The animal shot him 4 times in the face and was taken into custody with Josh's cuffs on one wrist. I can't even fathom how shooting a cop is a rational thought after being pulled over for DUI. The locals are already playing the race card after the 4th of July shooting in Akron of a black man with a gun by the white APD officers.

No words can describe what I feel right now knowing that his little girl will never know her daddy. I am looking at the video monitor watching my son sleeping safe in his bed and trying not to cry.
He will be missed by many.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Down the road I can only bet that more of the story on this "Thug" will be released. Just from what we've seen so fare in the reports this worthless piece of trash failed to follow the CCW laws to start. Charged and convicted of DUI last July (2007). Charged and convicted in May 2007 for a CCW violation. Something tells me there more to this story. DUI/Drunk or not, There's no reason to shoot a police officer..

If anyone has info. on where to donate the the family.  Please post.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Officer Mikitarian lived only about 12 houses down from myself.
My condolences go out to the family. It's just unbelievable that something like this hits so close to home...

If there is some sort of candlelight ceremony in the near future - I'll walk down for support.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Officer Mikitarian lived only about 12 houses down from myself.
My condolences go out to the family. It's just unbelievable that something like this hits so close to home...

If there is some sort of candlelight ceremony in the near future - I'll walk down for support.

The candlelight was tonight, very emotional.  I'm still in shock that some asshole could get the drop on him.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Well, my ineptitude doesn't surprise myself.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I feel America should just kill all the killer, and rapists.  It sure would make an example of future scumbags.  A man just doing his job, he will be in my prayers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I feel America should just kill all the killer, and rapists.  It sure would make an example of future scumbags.  A man just doing his job, he will be in my prayers.

Like in the Boondock Saints?  I love that movie.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:09:44 AM EDT
[#24]
The problem with that approach is that there's more than just a trace amount of false convictions.
I'll bet there are more false convictions than false acquittals due in part mostly to substandard public appointed defenders.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:42:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Josh and I attended the Academy together.  I am at a loss for words.

18B30
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 6:37:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#27]
This guy is pleading self defense?

SELF DEFENSE??????????

The Judge should slap this clown (and his lawyer) right before handing down the death sentence and disbarring the lawyer.

That almost made me as mad as I was when I read about the shooting in the first place.

I'm seriously disgusted.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm very sad for this lose and the fact his daughter won't get to know her Dad.  The officer was shot 4 times in the head, How could any think it was self defense.

A couple details, the suspect had one cuff on and no one will say whether he got ahold of the officers gun or had one in his possesion.

Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I personally know Judge Kim Hoover of the court arraignment.

Kim WAS the Twinsburg OH Police Prosecutor before he was elected Judge.

He set a $ 5,000,000.00 bond on this DOG-PUKE.

The lawyer of this cold-blooded LEO murderer has got my blood boiling.

"Self-defense?"

Put both of these POS in a cage with the Twinsburg Police Department--they will be torn to pieces alive!

Twinsburg used to be a village; it was made a city in 1955-they NEVER had a  LEO fatality--until this.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#30]
So the BG had one cuff on, the officer's gun was still holstered, and the officer never even had time to remote-release his K-9 unit from the cruiser.
Four shots to the head.

SELF DEFENSE?!?!  

That lawyer oughta lose his liscense to practice law.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
So . . . can anyone CONFIRM the $hit-bag was a CCW holder ? ? ?

If so, had it been revoked ? ? ?

And let's not forget the family of the officer in our thoughts and prayers . . .
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The story I linked to last nite quoted David Maistros, the Twinsburg city prosecutor:

Thompson had a permit from the state to carry a concealed weapon, although it's unclear if the registered weapon was the one used to shoot Miktarian,

I'd assume that he had done due diligence before making that statement, of course I dont know wtf they mention gun registration for.  Does the Plain Dealer think we live in DC?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#33]

He was a CHL holder, had it revoked for carrying in a class D establishments then it was reinstated. Looks like his gun was  found at his sisters.

Quoted:

If so, had it been revoked ? ? ?

And let's not forget the family of the officer in our thoughts and prayers . . .
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So the BG had one cuff on, the officer's gun was still holstered, and the officer never even had time to remote-release his K-9 unit from the cruiser.
Four shots to the head.

SELF DEFENSE?!?!  

That lawyer oughta lose his liscense to practice law.

+1 I'm with you on this one.  If this POS uses this as his defense case I do hope he is disbarred from practicing law ever again!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Maybe the lawyer is playing to bargain.
My only guess is that they're fronting an innocent self defense plea and HOPEFULLY if a plea deal is offered they'll try to meet in the middle ground.
Say something like a life sentance instead of the death penalty.

However, given the details of the case and considering that it was a cop... no deals will be offered.
He'll fry.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Prosocution should be like " you did it in self defense?  (yes) ok so you did do it? (yes), so you shot and killed this police officer? (yes)  

No more questions.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I still can't believe it myself.  I was in his class in High School (although we were not really friends).

Like all you guys, I can't think of a strong enough punishment for that asshole. Although I do like the idea of a firing line, with donations to watch going to his widowed wife.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd make a donation to the family just to be handed a M1A and told to fire on the count of 3. live rounds or not.

The back lash to the CHL issue is not going to good. I spoke with a OSP Tropper Tue that said that they( Ohio State Patrol) are going to use this case to change the CCW reg's more to there favor. I'm afraid this one could hurt CCW bad. I'm really intrested to see if this case will ever see a court room with a jury.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#39]

The self defense claim is only going to outrage the jury, same as everyone here.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:08:02 AM EDT
[#40]
went to pay my respects to my old Hometown. just an update men:

at the funeral home, Bagio, the Officer's dog, sat next to his partner's coffin as an "honor guard." never winced for hours.

the funeral procession from Tallmadge to the church in Oakwood, to the burial at Crown Hill in Twinsburg, had Ohio State Route #91 closed in many places:

near as I could count:

over 1,000 Police Cruisers in the funeral procession and 160 K-9 Units in vehicle procession. I saw police cruisers from most of Ohio's 88 counties and ALL major cities, whole lot of other states as well. plus Homeland Security, Port Control Officers, Forest Service Rangers, you name it. saw a K-9 Unit and LEOs from Canada.

one of Josh Miktarians friends, Jason Robinson, actually delivered the Sermon at his service. he said: "lawlessness and violence are a way of life today, actually promoted and not condemned..." well done, Jason.

Josh's wife, Holly, wore her Oakwood Police uniform throughout, and how this gal stood up is beyond me. extremely composed and dignified throughout. what courage.

the procession to the cemetery went under I-480. It actually stopped traffic on the Interstate, as people just pulled over to watch it go by and under the Intersate.

I was on the Town Square in Twinsburg, where they had cordoned off SR 82 and 91. You could hear a pin drop as the cars, lights blazing, slowly pulled past. every single Twinsburg Police Department Officer and Cruiser drove by. there were a whole lot of muffled sobs and not a dry eye that I could see. mine included.

K-9 Officer Miktarian Funeral
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:36:36 AM EDT
[#41]
With the May 2007 DUI and the CCW revoked for the class D violation, I wonder why it was re-instated??

One wonders if he would have been carrying even if the CCW had stayed revoked??
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
With the May 2007 DUI and the CCW revoked for the class D violation, I wonder why it was re-instated??

One wonders if he would have been carrying even if the CCW had stayed revoked??

I don't doubt the OSP will push to change CCW based on this incident.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first case where a CCW holder has actually killed a police officer.  There have been a couple of shoot-outs, and some people wounded, but I'm pretty sure this is the first CCW-related LEO fatality.

OSP may just get what they want.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
So she is also a selfish, entitlement, nagger and complainer too.

I had to read this three times. I thought someone actually had the balls to say it like it is. The I realized it was site staff, and knew otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#44]
RIP Officer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I just finshed listening to this CRAP "Black on Black Crime"on WTAM 1100. And how they want to set up defence fund for this COP KILLER. And how he is such a "Good Boy" And hows he's a hero in the eye's of his family. I'm doing all i can to keep from puking in my mouth. This Art McCoy that host's this show seems to just think this "Thug" should be set free. Maybe some of us need to voice our dislike toward this kind of hate toward  LEO's. The guy to voice this to is Ray Davis at WTAM 1100. I'll be calling 9:00am sharp...  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I just finshed listening to this CRAP "Black on Black Crime"on WTAM 1100. And how they want to set up defence fund for this COP KILLER. And how he is such a "Good Boy" And hows he's a hero in the eye's of his family. I'm doing all i can to keep from puking in my mouth. This Art McCoy that host's this show seems to just think this "Thug" should be set free. Maybe some of us need to voice our dislike toward this kind of hate toward  LEO's. The guy to voice this to is Ray Davis at WTAM 1100. I'll be calling 9:00am sharp...  

Art McCoy is still around??

I guess that going to prison for his organization's board members embezzling taxpayer dollars didn't adjust his attitude any.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#47]
I went to the funeral Friday.  Josh would have been proud.  1000 cruisers and 2500 coppers.  I was getting dizzy watching the cars go by as I waited for my turn to get in line.

The saddest part for me was the 'final radio call' at the cemetary.

I know that the shooter made some statements that will show his 'self defense' is a giant lie, that we all know it is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#48]
After calling WTAM 1100 this morning I was told to please put my dislike to the Black on Black crime Show on Sunday July 20th in wrighting that way it will be fowarded to the program der. As i'm going to be doing tonite and droping in the mail in the morning.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
After calling WTAM 1100 this morning I was told to please put my dislike to the Black on Black crime Show on Sunday July 20th in wrighting that way it will be fowarded to the program der. As i'm going to be doing tonite and droping in the mail in the morning.  

What does Black on Black crime have to do with killing a cop? I hope he get's his fudge packed in prison!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
What does Black on Black crime have to do with killing a cop?

WTAM's Art McKoy has a history of defending criminals on his show.  His usual MO is getting the perp's family on the air and and having a pity party talking about what a "good boy" the perp is.

This pity party usually dovetails into a "Why are there so many black men in prison?" rant.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top