Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 5/31/2008 3:05:49 PM EDT
I was curious about the ones set-up in Dayton/Springfield area. Do they usually just take a picture of the front of the car and not the back?
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
they get both..... front and rear photos..

one of the guys at work, got nailed in springfield, an it cost him $125..

colt!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
We, have them in Toledo also. I got nailed back when they first put them in. They sent me 2 photos ,and yes 1 was from the back, and you could clearly see my plate#.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#3]
damn, because i don't have a front plate on any of my cars since i was 16
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Older lady at work got a ticket from the camera on North Main St. and Hillcrest Ave. in Dayton. She claimed vehemently she didn't run the light. When she showed us the pictures they sent her, there were three. One showed a view of the top of the car from the rear just as it was going into the intersection also showing that the light was red at the time. Second showed a closer shot of the rear of the car on the other side of the intersection, clearly showing the license plate. The third was a closer picture, from the front of the driver...HER
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Watch yourself in Kettering, the popo will pull you over if you don't have a front one on.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
When are you considered to be running a red light?  I.e. what if you are in the intersection when the light turns, or is there a certain amount of your car that has to be in the intersection before it turns red?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When are you considered to be running a red light?  I.e. what if you are in the intersection when the light turns, or is there a certain amount of your car that has to be in the intersection before it turns red?

What I remember from driver's ed is that both sets of wheels have to be past the stop bar when the light turns red.

The series of pictures are to prove you weren't over the bar before it turned red.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
They are trying to get these things in Cincinnati and I think the City Counsel actually voted to get them in use.  700 WLW has been all over them.

Did you know it is private companies who run and maintain these red light cameras?

You can not fight it in a court until you pay the fine, which is admission of guilt.

Cities use these as revenue generators, it is not a safety issue.  They can actually decrease the yellow light time to get more people in the red light zone.

The company who runs and maintains the cameras gets half the money from the tickets.

It's just more gov't bullshit to get more of your money.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top