Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/11/2007 11:54:24 AM EDT
Toby Hoover Opens Her Festering Gob and the media is there to lap up every single word as if it were gospel:

Activist asks where teen obtained guns

Speaker at forum argues for more laws to keep weapons from youths

By Katie Byard Beacon Journal staff writer

Published on Thursday, Oct 11, 2007

The shootings by a 14-year-old at a Cleveland alternative high school Wednesday afternoon raised a question Toby Hoover has pondered many times.

How did the boy get guns?

Hoover, executive director of the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence, spoke Wednesday evening at the main Akron-Summit County Public Library in downtown Akron.

''Fourteen-year-olds cannot walk into a licensed gun dealer and buy a gun,'' she said before her talk, which was part of a forum, Reducing Gun Violence, sponsored by area faith and community groups.

Did the teen buy the guns illegally from an individual or perhaps at a gun show, she wondered aloud.

Were the firearms in an unsecured place in a home, she asked. ''The question for me today is where did he get the guns?''

Hoover called for tougher laws to keep weapons out of juveniles' hands.

''We need to have something that says any purchase or exchange needs to be done through a licensed dealer who will therefore do background checks,'' she said. ''We need to hold every gun owner accountable for their weapons.''

Hoover, whose first husband, Dale Stone, was shot to death in a store robbery in 1973, used a litany of statistics to argue for more gun control.

She said firearm deaths, including suicides, are the second-leading cause of injury deaths, and guns used in killings are often found in the home.

''Who's killing who?'' Hoover said.

She noted that most shooters know their victims and are husbands or wives or other relatives of those they kill.
Katie Byard can be reached at 330-996-3781 or [email protected].

Seriously.  Seriously?  How do I get pure unadulterated speculation reported in the news as fact?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
nobody cares anymore toby..
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
and guns used in killings are often found in the home.

I love this statistic. Guns used in killings are found in the home. Where else would you find guns? In in the septic tank? Perhaps on top of a billboard?

Of course they're found in the home, libtard, that's where sane people KEEP their firearms.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ms. Hoover's statements are a combination of questions posed as statements and ridiculously simple facts that lead to no conclusions.  Fact is a 14 year old does not buy guns at retail and does not get a CCW permit.  In fact, I think we can count up the already illegal shit he did right up to the point that he shot those folks, which also happens to be illegal.

Thus I have a question for Toby Hoover.  What laws are you proposing, and what substantive positive effect will they have?  See, if you can't answer those questions, then you don't get a new law.

Or at a gun show.

My theory is that this kid took his big brother's guns, or maybe someone else's, but I certainly am positive he did not have permission. (Duh, )  His older brother, who is 19, was released from jail on Mon. or Tue. and was arrested again today. A real winner. He's accused of firing a gun at or over some teenage girls who were beefing with his sister.

I think it's just sad for the kid's family and the families of all the victims. Just another fucked up kid with no parental guidance leading to no moral compass. Plus, it just gives the gun grabbers something else to run their mouths about. I hate that most of all.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top