Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:14:03 PM EDT
I moved to Dayton not too long ago from WV. I'm looking for a lead or recommendation for some decent deer hunting land, if anyone knows of any. I'm ethical and respectful of property. Don't know if there's a farmer who would like rid of some crop destroyers (?) or any non-overpopulated public hot-spots, if there's any such thing! I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Heres a list of the public hunting areas
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wild_resourcessubhomepage/WildlifeAreaMapsRepository/tabid/10579/Default.aspx
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Each county in Ohio has a Game Warden.  I would suggest contacting one in the county(s) of your choice and inquiring about crop eaters on private land, they can usually provide a few leads.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
You might also check to see if theres an area Game Club to join. My club secures about 90 area small farms for our members. Some 10 minutes from my house. My dues are $75.00 a year.

On a good farm with plenty of Chuck's and Coyotes and small game, Deer. I'll usually bring the farmer a little something extra. Pie's, Buck pocket knife, cases of beer, or good sip'n stuff depending on what I think he's into. Our game club ( cheap'os ) only put on a cook out twice a year for them.

I did close to 100 Chuck's this year, 6 Yotes so far. Also at one farm I can target shoot to 700 yards on a tractor path next to the bean field. I gave his son an old Horton crossbow to deer hunt with and showed him the in's and out's

It really pays to stay tight with your farmers and treat them well, as it really does'nt cost much to make them happy.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top