Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/4/2006 8:55:26 AM EDT
These stories always drive me nuts.  The guy appears to be a no-good gang-banger type, but the reporting about the guns is goofy.  "A military grade arsenal including two semiautomatic sub-machine gun pistols, two Tec-9 handheld machine guns, and a SKS assault rifle."  That aint much of a military arsenal.  Love those semi-automatic sub-machineguns too.  And the guy that whines about the "machine guns", don't evev get me started.  Of course the police are going to take everything out to the range and play with it, and even let them film it.  That should make good footage for the next gun-ban attempt.  

Why does the story always wind up being more about the guns than the bad guy?  God, that drives me nuts.  The story even ends with "an arsenal off the street", what about the bad guy?  Is he "off the street"?  Or will he be released soon and continue breaking laws?  I'd better stop before I get on a roll.  

Just thought you guys may want to know, it's supposed to be reported on channel 12 in Cincy.

Here's the story from channel 12...

High Powered Weapons Found In Local Home

LAST UPDATE: 4/3/2006 11:09:05 PM

Police find a military-style arsenal of high powered weapons inside a local home.

A raid took place last Friday at the home on Capstan Drive in Colerain Township. Neighbors there can't believe what they saw police hauling out of the home.

Local 12's Shawn Ley has details of the raid you'll only see on Local 12.

Local 12 has learned of a major weapons raid in an unlikely place: Capstan Drive in Colerain Township. A place where neighbors are used to seeing kids playing in the street, but last Friday afternoon, Sean Mayborg came home to this:

"The whole street blocked off," said Mayborg. "About 30 officers I would say. It was quite a sight."

Mayborg lives directly across the street from the home he says was targeted by sheriff's investigators, undercover Cincinnati Police officers, and federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. It was clear what they were after.

"From what I seen, all they brought out was weaponry, which scared a lot of the neighbors," said Mayborg.

"The machine guns, I mean, me, with a child, and a lot of these people have children around here, and that scared a lot of people."

Police confirm they seized at least eight weapons from the home, including a military-grade arsenal of two semiautomatic sub-machine gun pistols, two Tec-9 handheld machine guns, and a SKS assault rifle, fully loaded with an attachment holding 100 rounds.

Police arrested Larry Foster, wanted on a previous weapons charge.

Investigators say he's part of a local rap music production team called "Beat Gang Entertainment," allegedly telling police he needed the arsenal for protection.

An arsenal now off this street, for good.

Cincinnati Police say they'll give us a look at those weapons Tuesday, when they plan to test fire them at the police gun range.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
That is an arsenal?hame
(handheld machine guns?SKS assault rifles?semi-automatic submachine gun pistols?WTFHow
I cant wait to see the report from the Cincinnati police range,where they are no doubt going to show off the devastating power of the 9mm Tec-9hock.gif and I cannot wait to find out what the hell a semi-automatic submachine gun pistol is,that sounds really scaryhock.gifDo not forget the SKS"assault rifle" with the 100 round attachment!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Wonder what the Cincinnati boys were doing up in Colerain Twp?   Maybe he was selling on the streets downtown?

Fortunatly I don't have a 100 round attachment for anything though I do have a pile of 30-06 links from some old surplus
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That is an arsenal?It really is a shame that the news media reports such false info
(handheld machine guns?SKS assault rifles?semi-automatic submachine gun pistols?WTF

Yeah, if that's an arsenal, they'd REALLY be impressed by my collection.

I must be one of the biggest 'terrorists' in the area.......
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, please, no more than year in Cincy....that's all I ask.  Let us sell my fiancee's house in less than a year and I will be ever so pleased.  I hate splitting up the collection...

Did anyone write Channel 12 an email?

Just curious...

With that said...

I never knew an "arsenal" was 8 guns.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Man, please, no more than year in Cincy....that's all I ask.  Let us sell my fiancee's house in less than a year and I will be ever so pleased.  I hate splitting up the collection...

Did anyone right Channel 12 an email?

Just curious...

With that said...

I never knew an "arsenal" was 8 guns.

They would wet themsleves if they saw half the crap our crew has. lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
fuggin buch of idiots should take the time to learn what they write about.  

where can i git me one of them semi-automatic sub machine gun pistols?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Police confirm they seized at least eight weapons from the home, including a military-grade arsenal of two semiautomatic sub-machine gun pistols, two Tec-9 handheld machine guns, and a SKS assault rifle, fully loaded with an attachment holding 100 rounds.

Police arrested Larry Foster, wanted on a previous weapons charge.  

They could have at least told what the actual charges were.  WHY was he busted.  
WRITE A COMPLETE STORY YOU DAMN NEWS!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]
A follow up of sorts on a similar topic on the same TV News program...

Cincinnati Police Upgrade Firepower

LAST UPDATE: 4/11/2006 8:43:44 PM
Video

Life on the streets has changed for Cincinnati Police Officers. Cincinnati officers used to find the occasional Saturday Night Special on the streets. Now, they're taking a dozen weapons from criminals every day, and some of them are weapons of war. In this CrimeStoppers Alert, Local 12's Deborah Dixon tells us how the department is trying to equal the bad guys' firepower.

An assault rifle with a holographic sight...a Russian military style weapon with a magazine with 70 rounds of ammunition, all taken from criminals when arrested in Cincinnati where police officers carry these 9 mm pistols.

Officer Joe Richter, Cincinnati Police: "Pretty much like taking a knife to a gunfight if you have a 9 mm against of of these bad boys."

100 officers are now trained to use this AR-15 rifle that can shoot 30 rounds compared with the 9 mm's 15 rounds. Another difference is range, the distance officers are trained to reliably shoot a target, the service revolvers that's 25 yards, the assault rifle 100 yards. The rifle that used to be for SWAT callups, will now be with some officers on patrol.

Officer Ron Janke, Firearms Instructor: "In case of individual using assault rifle high powered hunting rifle, bank robbery in progress, any types of critical situations in which officer would need high rate of firepower."

Like a recent situation in Clifton.

Chief Tom Streicher, Cincinnati Police: "Confronted guy who had 500 military rounds of ammunition firing in the air into cars, pursuit guy armed with weapon a pistol useless against you."

Chief Streicher said when the bad guy has weapons like that, an officer can't defend himself or protect citizens.

Deborah Dixon Local 12.

Chief Streicher said some criminals are carrying high powered weapons while wearing bullet proof vests.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds to me like the PD could use some more training w/ their pistols...they don't sound too
confident (sp?).  That's great that some are carrying AR's now...I guess it must be cheaper for them to buy more firepower than spend  $$ on more training with their current issue pistol...  

but what do I know?  

Hey here's a thought...G17 or 19 w/ 30 round mags!  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top