Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/30/2006 2:57:02 PM EDT
Called wilson combat started asking on cost of trigger job, told them I was looking for around 4.5 lb trigger pull. The lady said is that all, well just put in a lighter mainspring 19lbs or so if you have any trouble with light strikes put in a lighter firing pin spring. I asked how much shipped to ohio  for both(drumroll please) $11.50. Installed on Monday No light strikes yet I have a digital fish scale (that's with in .5 ounce on weight) consistantly broke a 4.6lbs and yes it does make a difference when shooting. It even got rid of the dreaded creep well before it was broken in.
Thank you to the great people at wilson combat for it will be the last time spend $100 on a 1911 trigger job.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Called wilson combat started asking on cost of trigger job, told them I was looking for around 4.5 lb trigger pull. The lady said is that all, well just put in a lighter mainspring 19lbs or so if you have any trouble with light strikes put in a lighter firing pin spring. I asked how much shipped to ohio  for both(drumroll please) $11.50. Installed on Monday No light strikes yet I have a digital fish scale (that's with in .5 ounce on weight) consistantly broke a 4.6lbs and yes it does make a difference when shooting. It even got rid of the dreaded creep well before it was broken in.
Thank you to the great people at wilson combat for it will be the last time spend $100 on a 1911 trigger job.

Buy a #314 ? sear,  and 1 of their stainless commander hammers with the .020" hooks, as the stut pin hole is in different location.  With the 19 or 15 lb mainspring,  stand back... Also get a McCormick titanium strut, the carbon fiber or polymer trigger with titanium strap adds to the effect.

Do not worry about the lighter main spring, works fine.  Take and install a WolfF extra power fire pin spring. I also have Wilson mags, and cracked a few, they have replaced.   They even gave me a new barrel with comp, I just had to get my own person to install, that was something like a $250 barrel & comp...  They warrantied another comp I had that was coming apart before the free barrel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Chuck, I disagree...if and only if a 1911 has no firing pin safety.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There's no reason whatsoever to install an "extra power" firing pin spring.  

-- Chuck

I have to agree with you there. Sounds like I'm not the only one who's had to replace a firing pin after it blistered through the primer. AO 1911 I think I changed every spring out in that thing trying to cure an extraction and feeding problem. I get one to work then the other wouldn't. turned out to be a bad barrel, then sold it as quick as it was cured to help feed my 10/22 habit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Buy a #314 ? sear,  and 1 of their stainless commander hammers with the .020" hooks, as the stut pin hole is in different location.  With the 19 or 15 lb mainspring,  stand back... Also get a McCormick titanium strut, the carbon fiber or polymer trigger with titanium strap adds to the effect.

Do not worry about the lighter main spring, works fine.  Take and install a WolfF extra power fire pin spring. I also have Wilson mags, and cracked a few, they have replaced.   They even gave me a new barrel with comp, I just had to get my own person to install, that was something like a $250 barrel & comp...  They warrantied another comp I had that was coming apart before the free barrel.

Tagged so I can call up Wilson Combat later, I'll have to try this on my Kimber.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top