Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/27/2006 8:11:14 PM EDT
I will get to Millers about 2:00 and stay a few hours to take some pics and to scratch the paint off of my new steel target.  Anyone who can make it is more than welcome.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Well,  had a good time.  

I guess we have a bunch of fair weather shooters in here.

I kind of liked it got to move all the way back to 200 yards today to shoot the AR and the
Rem. 700  .308.  Had a blast the new steel target gives off a nice thump and puff of smoke when hit at 200.  A little harder to pick up with the AR.

Thanks to retdet for showing up.

Not as muddy as I thought but a little soupy.

On another note I can't remember here name but the woman who collects the money asked if we would all bring a tarp to try and catch our brass with when we come out on the 15th of April.  They are tired of picking up all the brass.

So with that, Yearly membership means nothing at the April 15th shoot.  Everyone who shows up will pay $5 whether you are a member or not.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
So with that, Yearly membership means nothing at the April 15th shoot. Everyone who shows up will pay $5 whether you are a member or not. who stated this tidbit of info to you?  They have never charged a "extra fee" , if you were a yearly member , unless you stayed for the overnight campout...

Ummmmm thats why I pay my yearly dues, is to use the range when ever I want, for my $35 membership fee....... if they think they are going to charge " a special Fee " then I think its about time that "we the members of ar15.com "  have a private shoot ..... meaning no outsiders . only members of ar15.com .  

colt!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
This just  piss' me off. I left one pile of brass about 2 years ago. Tim asked that I not leave 2K piles of brass behind and I've not done so sence. Most people at our shoots do pick up thier brass. We also put our trash in the cans. This is BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! I paid my yearly dues. I guess he will just have to kick me out when I don't pay his extra $5.00
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So with that, Yearly membership means nothing at the April 15th shoot. Everyone who shows up will pay $5 whether you are a member or not. who stated this tidbit of info to you?  They have never charged a "extra fee" , if you were a yearly member , unless you stayed for the overnight campout...

Ummmmm thats why I pay my yearly dues, is to use the range when ever I want, for my $35 membership fee....... if they think they are going to charge " a special Fee " then I think its about time that "we the members of ar15.com "  have a private shoot ..... meaning no outsiders . only members of ar15.com .  

colt!

The woman who is there every shoot to collect money.   I can't remember her name.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
They need to put 2 trash barrels at the firing line. I didn't see any the last time. Couldn't they sell the range pick up brass and make more $$ ?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They need to put 2 trash barrels at the firing line. I didn't see any the last time. Couldn't they sell the range pick up brass and make more $$ ?

That would make to much sense.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, that sucks.

I'm happy to pick up my brass (I do anyway), but charging members on top of their membership is crappy, period.

Hey, I happen to know a guy with a range that will be happy to host future shoots.....for a small fee of course (you must leave good brass on the ground! hehe).
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, that sucks.

I'm happy to pick up my brass (I do anyway), but charging members on top of their membership is crappy, period.

Hey, I happen to know a guy with a range that will be happy to host future shoots.....for a small fee of course (you must leave good brass on the ground! hehe).

Count me in!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well,  had a good time.  

I guess we have a bunch of fair weather shooters in here.

Sorry, some of us are working at that time.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Ummmmm thats why I pay my yearly dues, is to use the range when ever I want, for my $35 membership fee....... if they think they are going to charge " a special Fee " then I think its about time that "we the members of ar15.com " have a private shoot ..... meaning no outsiders . only members of ar15.com .

I agree with you up till the end there Rex.  The great thing about these shoots is introducing new folks to shooting and/or AR15.com.  We also have guys who come out that frequent other shooter sites.

Hopefully this will all get ironed out soon....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would make to much sense.

There are a couple of cans out there, maybe just need to be in a better spot next time.

As for the brass, there's a few brass ho's in the area who already help with that.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

colt!

I can't remember her name.

the short overlord?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

the short overlord?

Probably the one, the same one that checked my card for 4 days straight, twice on the first day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll pick up all mine, no problem.  That sucks for guys who have memberships...

Does tim or whoever there know that not everyone who hung out @ the clubhouse stayed overnight?    Myself as well as others ate and played pool last time, but we left, didnt stay overnight.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I paid $40 last time. $20 for me and $20 for Sally.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I paid $40 last time. $20 for me and $20 for Sally.

If that's the case, then it should have been made more clear.   I paid Ginny/Jenny $20, because that's what Tim has charged us per night when staying in a tent.  I paid her early in the day, and nothing was said to Anne or I in the clubhouse that night.

RRA-A2 is probably right also.  There were quite a few people who left a lot later after she and Tim were gone.  SirDrinksAlot and his friends and RRA-A2 to name a few.

As for the mess being left, that kind of bugs me personally.  I've stayed till the end of the last few shoots and made sure everything was picked up.  I'm sure some brass was left- hell there was a boatload of snow for the Dec. shoot.  But Scott and Jeff had tarps down IIRC and caught A LOT of the MG brass.  More than one of us for sure have even hauled trash to the dumpster.  And the clubhouse was definitely cleaned up the next morning after the last shoot.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Eh its 5 bucks, though I dont agree with it, im not going to get my panties in a bunch.

ETA its kinda hard to pick up all your brass in grass. I try to make shure that all my ammo boxes and stuff is picked up.  Trying to pick up a green wolf cases in green grass is kinda tough, though I try to get most of it. I do try and get some of the junk I shoot at before I leave.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Eh its 5 bucks, though I dont agree with it, im not going to get my panties in a bunch.

ETA its kinda hard to pick up all your brass in grass. I try to make shure that all my ammo boxes and stuff is picked up.  Trying to pick up a green wolf cases in green grass is kinda tough, though I try to get most of it. I do try and get some of the junk I shoot at before I leave.

It's the principle behind the matter.  And why are you wearing panties?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the principle behind the matter.  And why are you wearing panties?

touche..
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:26:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't mind a $5 per head surcharge (on top of the existing fees) when a large group shows up.  No matter how much we police our brass and pick up trash, there's a good deal of work involved with providing us a nice place to shoot and congregate afterward.

I would take offense to being accused of abusing the place, though.  If they start copping an attitude, that will end it for me.   But for now, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and pony up the extra $5.  It's not that much, and there's really not too many places with that long of a berm.

Then I start to think...  even if we left the range in a shambles, it would still look better than the actual camp grounds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Thought I would show you all what you missed.

Here's the Target before I started shooting.

Here's my toys that I shot the Target with.
Remington 700 .308
Rock River CarA4
Springfield Armory .45 in OD of course. :oh yea:

Here's the Target at 200 yards with camera zoomed to 12x

Here's the Aftermath Target is missing paint other than that it is in fine condition. New coat of white and it will be good to go!

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:00:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice.

OD, you should paint it neon orange.  If the guys look at you funny, tell them you are practicing for hunting season.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Nice.

OD, you should paint it neon orange.  If the guys look at you funny, tell them you are practicing for hunting season.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Nice.

I've thought of that.   Mostly since it would be a little harder to pick it out if there is snow on the berm.

Would be for a good chuckle around some hunters.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top