Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:11:17 PM EDT

I had just picked up my son at school and was on my way home.  I was heading east and two geese stepped off the curb on the opposite side of the street.  Around here, the geese walk around with the confidence of a New York pigeon.

I didn't notice if the oncoming car slowed down for them, but I had plenty of time to pass them before they walked into my lane.  Wouldn't you know it, just at the last minute, one of them decides to take flight and I take it in the grill of my Chevy Silverado at about 40 MPH.

Even before I can say anything, my 10 year old son says, "What the heck was that about?  They never fly."  It seemed to keep flying, so I didn't stop.  

About an hour later, we were heading back the other way and I saw it laying on the sidewalk.  I wish I felt bad about it, but I hate them damn birds.  When is the DNR going to allow Urban Goose Hunting?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeap!.... around here they "think" they own the parking lots, sidewalks, , or just about any peice of land they want!......

I personally think its time to start thinning the flock so to speak!...... there are too damn many of them sidewalk shitting, meaner then a snake geese!...... You cant walk into the mall without stepping in goose shit, or being chased by them.... ( by the way, a ASP baton will adjust their attitude!! )

hopefully there was minimual damage to your truck....

COLT!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
by the way, a ASP baton will adjust their attitude!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hopefully there was minimal damage to your truck....

None at all.  My son hopped out to look for feathers in the grill as soon as we got home, but we couldn't find any.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Flying shitbags, thats all they are...  They fly over my apartment complex every so often tempting me to break out the O/U...  Oh how I'd enjoy...  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hopefully there was minimal damage to your truck....

None at all.  My son hopped out to look for feathers in the grill as soon as we got home, but we couldn't find any.

Your lucky, I hit a chicken about 10 years ago, messed up my grill big time. I was maybe going 25-30 mph. Chickens never fly either....
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL, I didn't think chickens could fly...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes, chickens can fly. Not real far or high. but they can fly.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Early goose season is in September.

12 gauge 3 1/2" mags work pretty well...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes, they can and will roost in trees at night when allowed to free range.

Now I'm getting hungry.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Try a machette on their thin, long necks.  You will like the results.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top