Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:27:48 PM EDT
Bushmaster 20" AR-15 today.  I bought it for her for Christmas 2004, while she was in Iraq.  Before she got back in November, I did my first WECSOG upgrade when I replaced the HBAR with a Gov't Profile (I blame this incident for my current case of Black Rifle Disease).

We went up to the DNR range in Delaware county and I brought along another carry handle so I could shoot too.  At 25 yards, she was hitting paper and it only took about 12 clicks to the right to get her dialed in.  I mounted my handle and my zero was almost dead on right out of the box.

We were both getting getting pretty good groups, so we got cocky and put the target out to 100 yards and took 15 shots each.  We were able to hit paper, but her groups were alot better than mine.  With as much range time she's had over the last 18 months, she should shoot better, but she did it with a distraction.  She's about 30 weeks pregnant and she said the baby was kicking constantly.

I brought my XM-177 clone, but never got to shoot it.  By the time we were done, we had put 120 rounds through hers.  We didn't take the camera, so don't have any range pics, so here's one of the "family."

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Bushmaster 20" AR-15 today.  I bought it for her for Christmas 2004, while she was in Iraq.  Before We were both getting getting pretty good groups, so we got cocky and put the target out to 100 yards and took 15 shots each.  We were able to hit paper, but her groups were alot better than mine.  With as much range time she's had over the last 18 months, she should shoot better, but she did it with a distraction.  She's about 30 weeks pregnant and she said the baby was kicking constantly.

Uh....you do know that pregnant women aren't supposed to shoot, don't you?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Uh...............why?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No, never heard that.  I did some searching and found the issues seem to be lead and sound exposure.  The lead exposure seems to be an issue on indoor ranges (we were outdoor) and the jury seems to be out on the effects of sound.  I'll ask her to ask her doctor what he thinks.  Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard about the lead issue as well, but that is a non issue once you are outside.   As far as the noise.  I cannot think of a better set of earmuffs than being in the womb.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, never heard that.  I did some searching and found the issues seem to be lead and sound exposure.  The lead exposure seems to be an issue on indoor ranges (we were outdoor) and the jury seems to be out on the effects of sound.  I'll ask her to ask her doctor what he thinks.  Thanks for the tip.

No problem.  There are enough things to worry about when it comes to pregnancy.  For us, the health of the baby wasn't worth the risk.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:06:00 AM EDT
[#6]
two very nice looking ARs
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:05:18 AM EDT
[#7]
We asked our doctor about shooting while pregnant and he advised strongly against it,
his concern was hearing damage to the baby.  
I would talk to your doctor.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Great looking AR's man! thank you wife for us for her service!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top