Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/25/2006 8:04:11 AM EDT
Fellow Greene county gunners...is the Sheriff ATF paperwork friendly?! I want to submit the forms for a SBR and dont want to waste all my time finding the right man/woman to sign the papers. Please point me to the correct person, Sheriff, Judge, DA, whoever is ATF friendly!

Please Help...Thanks!
Diesel

ETA: I live in Beavercreek...anyone know it the Chief here will sign?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

ETA: I live in Beavercreek...anyone know it the Chief here will sign?

Welllll, I do know 1  Beavercreek officer who does/did have his own Gemtech,  so the Chief should be somewhat familiar withthe paperwork, though the officer said something about Montgomery Co signing his, as he not a Beavercreek resident...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
someone has to know who to go to, or someone that knows!

HELP HELP HELP  
Diesel
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I went into the office and asked awhile back.  I got a vague answer to the effect of "he has delt with that paperwork before, just drop it off and he will look at it"

It kinda went along with when I dropped off my C&R application copy.  She asked me what to do with it.  I said, "I don't know, on the bottom it says you have to take no action so I guess you can file it, pitch it or whatever, I just have to provide you a copy"....

She just looked at me funny.

Dan
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Dan
Did he sign them for you? (what forms)
And what is C&R?

Thanks
Diesel
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#5]
C&R - Curio and Relics - An FFL that allows you to collect older firearms or firearms of historically value and deal in interstate commerce (You can have things shipped to your house that are old).  Not an FFL to engage in commerce (Selling of firearms to make an income)

WRT NFA items...I decided that an LLC is a better route to go b/c

1) Shorter wait and no signing by Sheriff
2) Can have multiple partner in Corp (IE wife & children who are of age) who can then also have the items under their direct control and take them as inheritance

3) I am still waiting to order said items due to a change in financial status

Dan
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I see, what kind of paperwork is there to go the LLC route? Any fees? Any lengthy waits on getting the LLC approved?

Thanks again for the help,
Diesel
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And what is C&R?

Curio & Relic FFL, go to the Armory and check out the C&R forum.

The great thing about a C&R is; once the ATF approves the application your CLEO can not turn it down.

Your best bet is to form a corporation, that way you won't have to worry about a sign off.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
what all will going the LLC route entail? If it would take too much time to explain and want to direct me to a website or another thread, i understand.

Thanks for the help
Diesel
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:50:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Still waiting on anyone who knows about the Beavercreek Chief and the Greene Co Sheriff.

Diesel
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Still waiting on anyone who knows about the Beavercreek Chief and the Greene Co Sheriff.

Diesel

From your  computer , open  Microsoft "WORD",   and write  them a short letter asking if they will help you comply with the requirements of the ATF  form 5320.4 to lawfully register/tranfer a NFA device  to your possession...  Enclose a  blank copy of the form (can be printed from the ATF site or titleii.com....  highlight  the areas he needs to sign...  drop the envelope at the front desk, or mail it to them.    Do not forget to include your proper contact info, so they can contact you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#11]
ill give that a try

Diesel
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top