Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:21:18 AM EDT
FINALLY....my first AR build is done.............6 months later. It all started with a Bushmaster lower.

I put in a....
1. RRA LPK
2. Vltor complete stock kit
3. Tango Down battlegrip
4. RRA bolt and carrier
5. Extended tac latch
6. Arms 40 BUIS
7. DPMS A3 upper reciever
8. DPMS 14.5 inch Chrome lined M4 style bbl and gas tube
9. Samson MRFS  free float rail system
10. Rail mounted sling swivel
11. Ambi sling plate
12. Vortex FH
13. KA vertical foregrip
14. tac light

Not bad for a white guy! Still need optics and I'll call it done

Thanks to my friend Tread1 for pic help!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Send them to me tread1@REMOVE gmail.com and I will host them for you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, that is sweet!!!!

Me likey!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats good looking Rifle.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.. My other AR, is my first..I bought it complete at a gun show, and its a older carbon 15 rifle. I used it to have one to shoot, while building my first traditional (not carbon 15) style AR.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks great!

What kind of optics do you plan to add?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Hunted.....I was thinking about one of the tacticool usuals...Acog, aimpoint, or eotech.
Really leaning towards eotech or aimpoint. I don't know that I want anything with magnification.
I don't know what do you guys think
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a really nice rifle there. Very good use of some extra tac stuff without going overboard. I think you will have a perfect set-up after adding the optic as you stated.... Exactly the same taste as myself....

It's pretty much still high speed/ low drag, but with a few well thought aout goodies...

Nice job!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Good job on that AR it looks great ...I would go with the Aimpoint it is what I had in Iraq and loved it ...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats one great looking set up. Job well done congrats
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
nice
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#11]
can I have it
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
You're in luck Frank...I built 2 of them........1 for you
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont tease me like  that
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#14]
HOT DIGGETY!!!!!......that's nice Chris....now I know who to call, neighbor, when I'm ready to try to build!.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:38:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude , that is sweet .

Now take the next 6 months and get back to the gym .

Second pic down looks like you locked yourself in a whitecastle and built her hain
SxS
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for all the warm comments guys..I do appreciate them
Head...whenever you're ready buddy..lets build you a nice one!
SXSman.......that is funny...I didn't even catch that in the pic at first. My belly isn't that big I promise...I had on multiple sweatshirts and whatnot that day..I work outside all day..new construction.
I'm just a little guy...6' 185lbs. If I went to the gym..I'd have no time left to shoot!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Head...whenever you're ready buddy..lets build you a nice one!

After seeing your build last night, I got to talking with the wifey......I said, "Honey, since I spent a grand on your Bushmaster, can I build my rifle.....I'll save money if I build it myself".........she said......"how much will you save ".......I said......."oh, I can build what I want for around $700ish, and I can buy a few parts at a time, as I get the money"...........so I got this..........."ok, fine"......."thank you sweety"

now, I don't ALWAYS have to ASK to spend the money, but we consider a weapon to be a major purchase of sorts, as we plan on keeping whatever we buy for many years......so I will be ordering my lower next week, and we'll be in touch.....do you have all the punches and tools?, or should I pick up a set?.....I guess if I'm going to get into building, I should get my own, no?......
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Only thing I didn't have...which I borrowed from someone, was a barrel wrench. Everything else we need...stuff for the lower and what not Im sure I have..I've got punches and whatnot. LMK what happens. I've been wanting to get one of those sweet upper and lower reciever vise block setups. Those look like they make things so much easier
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top