Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/10/2006 3:58:11 PM EDT
Last week a gentleman posted over on Subguns.com he received his LM7 and posted a pic, I emailed him and asked him what number he was inline as I was trying to figure out what time frame I would be looking at as I hold position #62.

He emailed me back stating that he was not sure of his position but he had bought one of the BF1's (putting him at the top of the list) and decided to get a LM7 even though he didn't have an M16 at this time, he then went on to offer to ship me his LM7 and when I received mine I would ship it to him...Talk about floored...I have never met, talked to or corresponded with him before sending the email to find out what his line position was. He stated he sees me on the boards and that I have a good reputation so we would do the "exchange" based on trust alone.

I want to give "him" a big thank you for getting me in the LM7 game about 8 weeks early, at a minimum, best I can figure by my position and how many I have heard are being sent out, (5 LM7's are being release each week from what I hear).

So I received it yesterday, have test fired it, and done some tweaking with the timing, it's running better but not 100%, yet, (some of which I believe is all I have are Brand New Belts). This was all being done with a suppressor on it as my range is somewhat limited due to noise constraints, this weekend will have a better facility to shoot at with no restrictions on noise. Will get some video at that time also.

Here are some pics to wet your appetite.

Scott

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing says happy like a belt-fed smile.

Too cool. Look forward to the vid.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:35:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Adopt me
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Adopt me

I would but I already have one that eats up all my ammo.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Good god!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What?  She doesn't want a big brother?   damn.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Good News and a little bad news, I went to my buddies range today (45 minute Drive) with the LM7 in tow, with 1000 rounds belted and 200 rounds linked. Wondering what music I was going to use for my video.

We get set up, video camera out, LM7 lubed up and ready to go, start off in Semi, 10 rounds or so and switch over to Auto which produces a 3 round burst, charge it and another 3 round burst, this goes on for a while, I pull the belt an switch to links, same story.

So we switch back to semi and the unfinished belt and run out the rest of that belt in semi, I kept dropping the linked ammo back in the ammo box, they are a pain in the ass, the belted rounds have plenty of belt to hang out and not drop back in.

I had adjusted the timing by filing the sear trip, I think maybe I screwed that up so we pull out the bolt and reverse the sear trip so it is back to stock, same story, bursts in auto.

So we run some more belts thru in semi to help break it in and maybe loosen up the old girl. Switch back to Auto and same story, but this time longer bursts some 6 to 7 round bursts.

So my buddy asks me if I have the weaker Hammer and Disconect spring we can change them out.... Damn they are back in Toledo, 45 minutes away, so we shoot a little more in semi to help break in the LM7 and the belts.

So I head back home, change out the Hammer and Disconect springs to the weaker versions that Eric supplies and head out to my restricted range (suppressed only) to give it a try, start out in Semi, shoot maybe 5 rounds no problem, switch over to Auto and runs till I let up on the trigger, pull the trigger again and shoot another 30 rounds or so before I get a stoppage caused by the extractor failing to go over the rear of the next round in the belt so it does not go into battery, a little push forward on the cocking handle, close the top cover and I finish off the rest of the belt with one pull of the trigger.

I will be taking it out again tomorrow and hope to get some good video for you guys.

Scott

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like its a neat toy Scott

And after looking at it, if I come up with $2,000 I think this will be on my list of things to get. Buy a AR lower and this and Ill be in business. And CHEAP to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Still needs some tuning, as you will see, but got some good bursts. Having issues with the extractor making it over the rim of the next cartridge in line and keeping it out of battery.

I have the lightweight spring and lightweight disconnect spring installed but it seems like I need more spring to get it back home and in battery, don't know if more break-in time or I might have a timing issue (still) will mess with it this week and hopefully get it running thru a whole belt with one pull of the trigger.

LM7

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top