Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:30:52 PM EDT
"...call a buddy, bring a friend"

Ok, now that everyone has that God-awful (but catchy) tune in their head...is it going to be worth the two hour drive home (to dayton) this weekend to check it out? Im lookin to sell or trade my savage 17 hmr...and im lookin for AR uppers and lowers...will i be likely to see some good deals?

Past experiences with dealers that are usually there and offer good deals would be much appreciated...

Diesel
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:50:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw around December they had a booth where the guy had probably 100 uppers on display.  :drool:  I don't think I saw him at the one at the end of February.  But I was busy looking for other stuff.

They usually have some AR guys, the Glock guy, etc.

Dad just got rid of his Savage .22mag at the February show.  He got a decent price for it.  Just know what you want for it going in the door.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:12:05 AM EDT
[#2]

is it going to be worth the two hour drive home (to dayton) this weekend to check it out?
OGCA is in Wilmington this weekend as well.  So, the number and/or quality of vendors in Dayton may be down.

Pete.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw around December they had a booth where the guy had probably 100 uppers on display.  :drool:  I don't think I saw him at the one at the end of February.  But I was busy looking for other stuff.

They usually have some AR guys, the Glock guy, etc.

Dad just got rid of his Savage .22mag at the February show.  He got a decent price for it.  Just know what you want for it going in the door.

That would probably be PK Firearms out of IL.  He's a site sponser here also.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]
one-shot events

I have commented in the past about pathetic shows, and decided to judge them by whether a serious dealer is going to be there.  I figure a shop that is serious about selling guns will not waste time at a beanie-baby-and-beef-jerky show.  Someone pointed out to me the above link.  I don't know Chis personally, and have not bought anything substantial from his shop.  But I have noticed he is at the shows that have a lot of gun stuff, and he is not at the crap shows.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
You usually see a couple guys walking around carrying lowers. Just dont expect to buy one for $99.  Ill be going.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
may i suggest a rock river upper.  i own a few rock rivers and they make good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

is it going to be worth the two hour drive home (to dayton) this weekend to check it out?
OGCA is in Wilmington this weekend as well.  So, the number and/or quality of vendors in Dayton may be down.

Pete.

That explains the lack of traffic in the HARA lot this afternoon.... looks lame to me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll probably skip this one and go shooting.   I don't have near enough money to buy anything good anyway.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
not a good one this time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#10]
it was packed by 10:00 am. lots of selling and trading going on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"...call a buddy, bring a friend"

Ok, now that everyone has that God-awful (but catchy) tune in their head...is it going to be worth the two hour drive home (to dayton) this weekend to check it out? Im lookin to sell or trade my savage 17 hmr...and im lookin for AR uppers and lowers...will i be likely to see some good deals?

Past experiences with dealers that are usually there and offer good deals would be much appreciated...

Diesel

There is a dealer at the Dayton show this weekend with several combinations of AR uppers, and I also saw several lowers at various tables.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
not a good one this time.

Was for me.  I finally found a one-piece base for my 30.06

Matt SKS finally had some 7.62x39, but damn the price went up.  Ammo is rising like gas prices these days

Time to really start filling some of those empties I've got.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#13]
It was pretty slow this time.

Dad got rid of my old SKS and 240rds for 90$ less than I told him the gun was worth.  Stupid stupid stupid...  Oh well, it wasn't mine anymore.  

Some decent prices on full rifles and uppers, I guess.  Couple Bushmasters for ~750, DPMS for 675...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, $675 for a DPMS. I would have jumped on that deal.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Today wasnt too bad. Not the greatest though. I bought a rom AK sling and sold a single AK mag. Had a few guys look at my AR mags w/ MP followers and CS springs for $11 but no takers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#16]
bryan666999,

If I had the cash, I would have.  It was a bad time of the month for me to try and buy anything...  Still recovering from buying my HK UPSc and 10 more mags for it.  ht
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top