Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:11:35 PM EDT
***warning*** if you go to the new vandalia range and armory be prepared to be met by some of the nicest guys i have ever met as far as gunstore guys go... as soon as i walked in, i was met by doug... he introduced himself and offered me his handshake...

i have my ear pierced, and a labret stud... he didnt pass judgement on me at all... he asked me if i need help. so i told him i wanted to see an XD45ACP.... the XD was $545.00, but i am the kind of guy will pay a bit extra if i feel that i am treated well... how i get greeted and treated in a gunstore goes a long way in my book...

we shot the breeze for awhile about guns & stuff & then i checked out the range...

usually thier are two types of gunstore clerks... those who dont really know guns (and they might be nice, but, THEY DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT GUNS)

then thier are some guys who know about guns, but they act like you are bothering them, or have an opinion that they think is better than yours because they work in a gunstore...

not here.... doug was a rare breed.... the guy knows his stuff about guns... plus he was very polite and was willing to answer any question, and did so happily... these guys dont work on commission, so i think that might have something to do with it....

AND NO I DONT WORK THIER, LOL... i just am willing to spread the good word about something if i feel its worthy... oh, and you dont have to use thier ammo anymore...

if you are near vandalia, go check it out... i think you will like it.... tell em mike sent ya...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW,
I look like a freak with my nails painted black and 2" spickes on my left wrist and have never had any problems with service in any gun store.  
Icon
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WOW,
I look like a freak with my nails painted black and 2" spickes on my left wrist and have never had any problems with service in any gun store.  
Icon

hmmm, ya must be lucky i guess..... i almost completed  a 2 year degree in law enforcement/ criminology... but found a good carreer path before graduating... other than the labret & earings, i conduct myself in a professional way pretty much at all times.... yet i still dont tend to get much of a welcoming feeling when going to a gunstore... i assume its due to the piercings... but i could be wrong... i do know that alot of other guys who wear dockers & polo shirts dont seem to get treated much better though... your lucky that ya got some nice folks around your area i guess...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WOW,
Icon

hey, wait a minute... is your name chance??? you sound like the guy who taught me how to DJ lol

edit to say: sorry for double posting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#4]
That's good to hear.  That place is like 15 - 20 minutes from home.

Dockers and polo shirt wearing dude here, and I still have been treated like a waste of time by some gunshop morons.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's good to hear.  That place is like 15 - 20 minutes from home.

Dockers and polo shirt wearing dude here, and I still have been treated like a waste of time by some gunshop morons. hr

yup, happens to the best of us.... i dont really get thier attitude though.... i thought we were supposed to SHARE our sport.... seems to me that un unpleasant experience to a noobie by a gun person by making them feel stupid, or acting like they are just bothering the guy would turn alot of potential shooters off to the idea of the shooting sports.... when ya go in, tell em that you have seen posts on arfcom about em....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:  when ya go in, tell em that you have seen posts on arfcom about em....

I'll probably stop by tomorrow, and when I do I will mention it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I just found the place today.  Sad thing is I could walk there from home in about 10 minutes.  Awesome facility, good people working there and a friendly atmosphere.  I'll try out the range tomorrow(sunday).
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just found the place today.  Sad thing is I could walk there from home in about 10 minutes.  Awesome facility, good people working there and a friendly atmosphere.  I'll try out the range tomorrow(sunday).

Do you know there address and hours for Sunday. I have to pick a couple of people up at Dayton Airport tomorrow night and might stop by.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]
You could almost see the place from the airport.  On your way out of the ariport go on up to Rt 40 and turn left back into Vandalia.  There will be a road just before the Toyota dealer, turn right there.  The address is 100 Corporate Center dr. and sunday hours are Noon-6pm.  Phone # is 937-387-0485 or toll free 866-231-0510, you may want to call ahead if you plan on shooting.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WOW,
Icon

hey, wait a minute... is your name chance??? you sound like the guy who taught me how to DJ lol

edit to say: sorry for double posting.

no,
sorry sir,
you lose,
you get nothing,
better luck next time
Icon aka "Big Steve"
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the actual name Vandalia Range and Armory? This would be closer than Lauhorners (sp?)...BTW  i visited there for the first time this past weekend...yeah i went despite the bad rep i have read about on here. I was pretty pleased with the service. Not so much the people behind the counter tho...and there were like 10 of em back there! I was a little leary about the guy (sorry cant remember your name...im bad with names) that was in the actual range with us, i thought he would be checkin over our shoulders and just being an annoying presence...BUT this guy was really cool! He was just chillin there laughin and shootin the breeze with us...while doing his job! Big ups for him...overall the facility is pretty nice, relaxed atmosphere and service was quality.

Yeah i think people from all walks of life have been treated poorly by clerks who think they know all and dont have time for your petty questions...WHATEVER, we keep you behind that counter and paid bro!

Diesel
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:, we keep you behind that counter and paid bro!

Diesel

WORD
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top