Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:17:16 PM EDT
Myself and a few others will be at Blackwing tomorrow, Saturday, with our AR bits and a few other items on the rifle range. Looking to be there around 2-3PM. Anyone care to join us? We're trying to get all six lanes filled with an AR and go fast-as-you-can with a 30 round mag. Only because nobody has done it there, yet. A simple and juvenile thing but I'm sure a grin or two will be had.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
So how was their rifle range?  IIRC, it's a pretty short indoor range or do they have a longer outdoor rifle range now?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
25 yard rifle range, no soundproofing, no outdoor range, and a plenty long wait anymore. If you went in on a Saturday and managed to get 6 people from one party on 6 lanes at the same time I'd be impressed! I joined up and you used to be able to get in on an almost empty range during the week, but now they almost always have the pistol range closed for training or the damn bowling pin shoots, so all the pistol shooters end up on the rifle range...

So far as doing a 30 round rapid dump, it's been done with an AR and with an NHM-90 in .223 (the NHM was me ). Funny thing is you can rapid fire, have everyone shooting .223 and .308 and just making the noise unbearable on 5-6 lanes, but they won't let me shoot my FNC FA or burst unless there's almost no one on the range.

C_F, you live in the Delaware area?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
No, I live by Dublin but the drive up to the range along the river can be pretty nice so I don't mind.

And it was BUSY on Saturday. Busiest I've seen it in some time. And this was with the Pistol and Rifle range open. We were still able to get two lanes for four people and after an hour or so the crowd thinned out.
One way to speed this along is to make the big booms. The guy shooting a 22lr rifle at a target 3 yards away, , doesn't seem to like the SOCOM16.
I'll agree with the odd scheduling of training classes and such. Every Tuesday is when members shoot for free so you tend to get a good turn out but every now and then they'll have a class taking over the pistol range. It can make for a bit of a wait.

I wonder if they've changed their tune on the FA bit. I've seen, and shot, several FA up there when it was busy with no issue.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid the $300 for the Silver Membership, so I get free range time Tuesday through Friday, and anymore it's busy everytime I go in. It's really making me reconsider buying the membership again, as I may just put up with the drive to the outdoor range I belong to (30 minutes). I don't go on the weekends because I have to pay then, but every time I go there to check something out on a weekend there's a line at the range counter anyways.

The new guy in charge of the range is who has told me about FA. I have a feeling he may be a bit more lax in practice, but again, it's annoying to have someone tell you that when people are doing mag dumps with 223's and 45's, which is just as head rattling as FA when you're inside. I really hope they invest in some soundproofing in that place at some point!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top