Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:46:31 AM EDT
Any one know about the Belmont area of town?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Belmont area is one of the nicer parts of Dayton.  I know several Dayton and other P.D. officers that live in that area.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Co-worker lives at Waterveliet and Smithville,  older nicer section of Dayton like mentioned previously..

Smithville is main road through area, can get congested sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
nice older homes. have you looked in miami county?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
My parents are looking at the area,  the only words that stuck in my mind were "inner city" when we talked about it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
it is not that bad there. they have some big older homes. its nice but, it is city life. miami county has a little more space. its 7 miles up i-75.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Its nicer than where i live now just north of dayton but I would seriousl;y look for a better area.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:00:50 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Miami County.  Solid red.

I would not live in Dayton and most of Montgomery County even if you paid me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I live right on the border of montgomery county and warren its not that bad.  I'm surrounded by farm land.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Go west to Preble County. Solid red. Solid redneck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Id look elsewhere. Belmont isnt terrible...but there is def better nearby. Kettering, certain parts of Riverside (forest ridge i think is the name), then all the surrounding suburbs: beavercreek, belbrook, springboro, miamisburg, centerville, west carolton (for the most part), Huber hieghts (for the most part)...id stay away from the city...

I used to work for a moving company in the dayton area...so ive seen most parts and the surrounding burbs...my $.02

Diesel
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank You everyone for the input  It's my parents moving there and you all set my mind at ease on the situation.  My mothers a minister and Is being transfered to a Church in that area, from Englewood.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top