Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:38:01 AM EDT
http://www.wtol.com/global/Story.asp?s=4530676

TOLEDO -- A federal grand jury has indicted three Toledo-area men for terrorist activities.  Prosecutors say the three conspired to wage a "holy war" against the United States and coalition forces in the middle east.

According to the indictment from the US Attorney's office, the suspects are Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi, and Wassim Mazloum.  The indictment says all three are citizens of the United States, and have been living in the Toledo area.

In count 1 of the indictment, prosecutors say the three met together many times, going back as far as November 2005.  The three reportedly conspired to recruit and train others for a violent jihad against United States forces and US allies in Iraq.  They also reportedly put together the funding needed for the operation, and collected the equipment needed.

Prosecutors also say the three communicated by computer with an individual in the Middle East, passing information about potential attacks and terrorist training materials back and forth, as well as communication about potential weapons and targets.

In count 2, the grand jury found that the three had similar plans to kill US citizens abroad in addition to service members.

The last two counts in the indictment dealt specifically with Mohammad Zaki Amawi.  One count said Amawi distributed information on bomb-making, which in itself is a federal crime.  Prosecutors also said he verbally threatened President George W. Bush.  Those crimes are separate from the conspiracy.

The indictment was filed with Judge James Carr in Federal Court in Toledo.  The Justice Department says Amawi is being held at a jail in Cleveland, and will be arraigned in Cleveland some time this afternoon.  El-Hindi and Mazloum are being held in a jail in Toledo.  They are expected in Toledo's Federal Court this afternoon.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#1]
  I just read this story off the AP news wire.......WE MUST REMAIN VIGILANT..... what is to say these guys would not have tried to kill some of us, or our families??........WE MUST BE READY....

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
JIHAD........whatever...            
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
  I just read this story off the AP news wire.......WE MUST REMAIN VIGILANT..... what is to say these guys would not have tried to kill some of us, or our families??........WE MUST BE READY....

I live right next to Toledo and I say the same thing that I did when the riots broke out.

They might start trouble in Toledo, but if it doesn't stop before it hits Northwood, it'll stop there.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard about this on the radio today. Lets hope our interrogaters follow the al-queda doctrine for getting information from prisoners.

Eye for an eye.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate that I'm so pessimistic. I'd love to see these shitbags drug behind a bread truck for 20 miles....but....

I'm counting the seconds until a high-powered lawyer takes on their case (for his own fame), and rebuts the charges on domestic spying grounds. Face it guys, this isn't a country where swift justice occurs often. They'll probably do some jail time, maybe a long time, but I doubt they'll suffer what their victims would have.

If I were in King, I'd put them in an aligator cage after a 24 hour basting in meat juice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hate that I'm so pessimistic. I'd love to see these shitbags drug behind a bread truck for 20 miles....but....

I'm counting the seconds until a high-powered lawyer takes on their case (for his own fame), and rebuts the charges on domestic spying grounds. Face it guys, this isn't a country where swift justice occurs often. They'll probably do some jail time, maybe a long time, but I doubt they'll suffer what their victims would have.

If I were in King, I'd put them in an aligator cage after a 24 hour basting in meat juice.

The Patriot Act allows "suspected terrorists to be held indefinitely without being charged".....Look at Padilla and Moussaui......it took a Supreme Court order to get them to trial.....there was also the case of a man from Kent, OH who is suspected of having terrorist ties, he's been locked up in a Federal prison in Pennsylvania for almost 4 years , and has never had a court date......his name is Al-Jailani......I forget his first name........they found his business card in a Detroit apartment of some other suspected terrorists....He's been locked up ever since......these men will definitely do some jail time......maybe even disappear to Gitmo.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sorry....I haven't kept up on Ashraf AL-Jailani....he was apparently deported last year.....details.....http://www.archives2005.ghazali.net/html/ashraf_al_jailani.html

(sorry, I don't know how to make it a "hot" link yet)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Saw there mug shots not hard to pickout in a crowd lol
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#10]
It really pisses me off about this . I just bought a car from one of these dickheads a month ago . I swear I didn't even think about a terrorist connection . Just goes to show that you can't trust any of them .    maxx
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It really pisses me off about this . I just bought a car from one of these dickheads a month ago . I swear I didn't even think about a terrorist connection . Just goes to show that you can't trust any of them .    maxx

You better check that car REALLY WELL.  If a police drug dog were ever to sniff it and indicate bomb-making materials you will be in a world of shit.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I never would have thought about that . It could have been used to transport stuff . That's scary . maxx
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:30:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Makes you wonder everytime you go to a carry out, gas station, 7-Eleven....

I sat in a class all last weekend with one of the agents who is on guard duty of the Fed Judge and Fed Prosecutor.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Makes you wonder everytime you go to a carry out, gas station, 7-Eleven....

I sat in a class all last weekend with one of the agents who is on guard duty of the Fed Judge and Fed Prosecutor.

Can you guys tell the difference between an Arab and an Indian?  Can you tell the diff between a Hindu Indian and a Muslim Indian?  Can you tell the difference between an Indian and a Pakistani?

Just wondering.........
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#15]
QUESTION:  Has America become:

A) The Melting Pot?

or

B) The Chamber Pot?

If they come here legal, documented, with jobs, support their asses, and obey our laws, I don't care if they are Martians. Altho I guess as soon as radio signals reach Mars about this country's vast "give-aways," the Martians will be here soon enuff.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top