Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:20:16 PM EDT
I'm curious if anyone has had any luck getting permission through their local sheriff for a short barrel tax stamp.  I know you have to get permission through your local sheriff before you can own it so I'm curious if any one has done it in the Dayton Area.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what Dayton area is.. what jurisdiction you in ???

Dayton PD, 99.9% be a no-go for any ATF paper work...

Rivierside - current  unknown,  did cross path with fella back in '93 that said he had Riverside sign for a M10 sometime prior..

Centerville - no-go from what a TX MG owner who moved into town last year said ( he asked PD about signatures, as he already owns stuff), I know 2nd fella who is currently  in Centerville with a MG from yrs ago

Dave Vore - Not sure...  

Kettering - unknown..  ----> I lived in Ketering with SBR, they did not know it, as I 5320.20 it from NY state  when I moved back in Dec-1992.

West Carrollton - unknown

Vandalia - was told by fella yrs ago it was no-go

Miami County ---> Troy PD is good,  Sheriff Cox is ok with MG, no suppressor from what fellow Fish & Game member told me, he had to deal with Cox,  I deal with PD.

Miamisburg - unknown

Miami Twp - unknown

Clayton - unknown

Union - maybe, I know fella who has/had MG's

Englewood - Unknown

Butler Twp - unknown

Huber Heights - unknown
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
How about Beavercreek or Greene County?  Has anyone had any luck here?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Miamisburg - Don't even waste your time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate to pitpic, but you touched a nerve.   The CLEO is not giving you his "permission," he/she is simply stating that he/she has no information that would prevent you from legally obtaining or making one.

Too many CLEOs think this is their opportunity to deny you your rights.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Mpd224

#161 ?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#6]
IM sent
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Kettering and I'm looking to obviously build a short barrel rifle but wasn't sure if anyone know anything about it.  Thanks a lot.  I guess we'll see what happens.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top