Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/17/2006 12:43:23 PM EDT
Say it ain't so gentlemen.  Our wives may not think our guns are "toys" afterall...

Probe finds terrorists in U.S. 'training for war'

I won't copy and paste the whole article, but I found this part particularly disturbing:

"Visitors to the compound are numerous and frequent. All visitors appear to be black males operating late model vehicles, mostly SUVs, and many possess license plates from Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina and Tennessee."

Eh...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not in favour of these Islamafists, but reading that article the whole time I'm thinking you could add ARFcom members at any time with quotes like this,

Nearly every weekend, sound of gunfire can be heard from the camp. According to one neighbor who stated he's a combat veteran of the Vietnam War, some of the weapons obviously are "automatic" and large-caliber. On at least two occasions last summer, area residents heard small explosions.

"We hear bursts of gunfire all of the time, and we know that there is military-like training going on there. Those people are armed and dangerous."

Granted, this may be a legitamate problem, but the same could be written about us and the shoots that are held at Millers?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I had something meaningful or intelligent to say...but all I can think is...Fuck'em...Bring it!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The shoots at Millers? That will be small potatos after this summer. Gonna be alot of tannerite and 50 cal around my way
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I find it really hard to believe that the government would not be investigating this.  They arrest people out of households in suburban neighborhoods when they deem necessary.  I wonder if they are just waiting for the right time to do something about it.  If what's being said is actually true, then it probably is being looked at already.  Especially with all the craziness, would the government truly overlook something like this?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Boys!  Wise Up!

BIG DIFFERENCE:

ARF Commers have yet to band 19 of us together and fly three jumbo jets into buildings, killing thousands.

Give this a read by an Italian woman, living in America:

"Rage & Pride" by Oriana Fallaci
www.borg.com/~paperina/fallaci/fallaci_1.html

She has personally fought as a partisan and guerilla against Fascists.

She has also personally interviewed Yassar Arafat, Khomeni, and the like; get her spin.

She's now being sued by the EU for speaking the truth about fanatical Islam, the new Fascists.

You won't believe how Italy is being taken over and destroyed by radical Muslims.

Read her article of what Ohio will look like; already in Columbus, there is a sizeable Somali presence.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
who wants to ride up to New York?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 head
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not in favour of these Islamafists, but reading that article the whole time I'm thinking you could add ARFcom members at any time with quotes like this,

Nearly every weekend, sound of gunfire can be heard from the camp. According to one neighbor who stated he's a combat veteran of the Vietnam War, some of the weapons obviously are "automatic" and large-caliber. On at least two occasions last summer, area residents heard small explosions.

"We hear bursts of gunfire all of the time, and we know that there is military-like training going on there. Those people are armed and dangerous."

Granted, this may be a legitamate problem, but the same could be written about us and the shoots that are held at Millers?

You raise valid points.  However, I'd say the difference is that none of us want to use violence to destroy the Western way of life.   I mean, this camp is supposedly sponsored by a Pakistani terrorist group.  Reading the article, it sounds like they plan to bring some kind of religion or race war here to America.  Not good at all.    I have a feeling that our sense of political correctness in this nation is being exploited.  Its about time we admitted who are our enemies are.  The people trying to destroy us aren't Hindus, Christians, Jews, or Atheists.  Sure, there are nutjobs who claim to be one of those, but our primary enemies right now are adherents to Islam.  World War 2 wasn't a war against facism, it was a war against the Axis nations.  Similarily, we are not in a war against "terrorism".  Its a war of the modern world (US, Israel, China, India, Europe, etc.) against fanatical Islam.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You raise valid points.  However, I'd say the difference is that none of us want to use violence to destroy the Western way of life.   I mean, this camp is supposedly sponsored by a Pakistani terrorist group.  Reading the article, it sounds like they plan to bring some kind of religion or race war here to America.  Not good at all.    I have a feeling that our sense of political correctness in this nation is being exploited.  Its about time we admitted who are our enemies are.  The people trying to destroy us aren't Hindus, Christians, Jews, or Atheists.  Sure, there are nutjobs who claim to be one of those, but our primary enemies right now are adherents to Islam.  World War 2 wasn't a war against facism, it was a war against the Axis nations.  Similarily, we are not in a war against "terrorism".  Its a war of the modern world (US, Israel, China, India, Europe, etc.) against fanatical Islam.  Nothing more, nothing less.

My previous smart ass post aside....I agree 100% with Agilling......we don't see North Koreans in the streets denouncing America......sure , maybe they hate us, but we don't see it every night on the evening news......Here in Cleveland, there were some Arab store owners,(i.e. Palestinians), who ACTUALLY CELEBRATED WHAT HAPPENED ON 9/11.....there was almost a riot and a lynching at W.33rd and Clark Avenues.....CPD had to be called because the Arab store was about to get torched...Emotions were high and, it was a crazy , crazy scene......One I'll never forget.......Cleveland has a pretty large latino community, Peurto Ricans to be exact, and many of the people in that neighborhood had relatives in New York City....so you can all well imagine , with the breakdown of communications, how upset they were to see these Ragheads celebrating, when they didn't even know if some of their families were safe....Do I think ALL muslims are bad or out to get America?...probably not....but we must FACE THE TRUTH....there are over 5 MILLION muslims in this country, many from home countries that are HOSTILE toward the U.S......what if HALF of them picked up a weapon, and started their own AMERICAN INFITADA?...things could get messy....Do I believe this will come to pass?...I don't know, and I am not a psychic....I never thought anything like 9/11 would ever or COULD ever happen in my country.....Since 9/11, I have changed how I  think....I have armed myself....I have food and water for at least 30 days....and the more I add to it, the longer my family will be able to survive, should something horrible happen...and Hurricane Katrina showed me just how INEPT our so called "Homeland Security Dep't" is.....if that Natural disaster would have been a MULTIPLE CITY 9/11......I hate to think of how it would've turned out.....As far as Muslim Terrorist Camps in the USA......once again, I ask, WHO WANTS TO RIDE UP TO NEW YORK???
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I have heard that Ohio does have a large Arab population. I live in Coulmbus and there is a large number of Somalis here. They all seem like nice folks who have come to the U.S. to escape from the hell of Africa. Iman Farris was caught here is Columbus. Cleveland and Detroit are I believe the 2 largest hotbeds for Arab settlement. If anyone thinks that for one second that this country is immune to the violence we see in Iraq and Afganistan, then they are living in a fantasy. I'm just surprised it hasn't happened yet. It's not a question of if, its just a question of when.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have heard that Ohio does have a large Arab population. I live in Coulmbus and there is a large number of Somalis here. They all seem like nice folks who have come to the U.S. to escape from the hell of Africa. Iman Farris was caught here is Columbus. Cleveland and Detroit are I believe the 2 largest hotbeds for Arab settlement. If anyone thinks that for one second that this country is immune to the violence we see in Iraq and Afganistan, then they are living in a fantasy. I'm just surprised it hasn't happened yet. It's not a question of if, its just a question of when.

If the war in Iraq heats up or if something happens to make most of the middle eastern countries get into the fight, I can see that happening. If they start terror attacks in the US, do you think we will round all the arabs up like we did to the Japanese during WW2? If the US gets enough terror attacks, I can see it happen. There is already much distrust of Islamic People now and reading these forums, talking to friends or reading things published in the news proves it. If things get real bad, the people will demand the government do something.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm just as guilty as the next man for profiling, but luckily because I grew up in the UK and can pretty much tell the difference between Sikhs, Hindu's and Muslims I know all people with skin darker than mine are not the bad guys.
Upon saying that, if this camp is such a problem, why haven't we seen a Waco or Riby Ridge kick off, are the FEDs scared of what could happen, instead waiting and when it gets to the pojtn that something does need to be done it will be too late.
As I said though, the way the ownership of firearms were painted as a bad thing, I still believe you could place ARFcom members in that article at any time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I grew up in the UK and can pretty much tell the difference between Sikhs, Hindu's and Muslims

I believe you can tell the diff between Sikhs and the others (because of the turban), but I cannot see how you could tell the difference between a Indian Hindu and an Indian Muslim, unless you see one come out of a Mosque.  I have Indian friends of both religions and physically it is impossible to say which belongs to which religion if you didn't already know.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top