Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:06:29 PM EDT
Years ago,(about 10-12), one of my sister's ex-boyfriends used my name as an alias.....I can only figure that my wonderful sis gave him my b-day.....well, he had some FELONIES, like ASSAULT, ASSAULT w/a DEADLY WEAPON, CCW violations, and DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.....exactly the shit that the FBI-NICS does NOT want to hear when you buy a firearm.......now, when I found this out, (after trying to buy my first AR), I sent the FBI my fingerprints, and they cleared my purchase.....BUT they said I would have to go through this EVERY time I wanted to pass a FFL until I cleared it up with my LOCAL courts.....meaning the court that sent the info to NICS.....so my question is.....HOW?....Do I need a lawyer? Will it cost me money?....any input is greatly appreciated, as I don't want to keep an Appeals File open at the FBI........Thanks everyone....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Did he use your SS# as well?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
This might be a good time to lawyer up.  Not because you've done wrong, but because this is going to be complex and I don't think internet advice is going to cut it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did he use your SS# as well?

I don't think so....I believe the criteria that caused a red flag were my name and birthday......
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate to say this but I when I use to roof in the summertime for my dad, he employed a David "Rocky"Bartlett. Found out it was some guys name in Tipp City. He even used the name to marry a Kathy Peltier. We found out his real first name was Charles, but the rest who knows and who cares.
He even stole the guys nickname and S.S.# as well as going to the place where this guy was raised and saying it was him and got a copy of his birth certificate.
If that was a kick in the nuts enough, I believe the home was for orphaned children who lost their parents  while parents were in the service.
 I know for a fact it took the gentleman in Tipp well over 10 years to finally have his name cleared. What summed it belive it or not was "Turn to 2" a  TV channel out of Dayton. The gentleman took some advice from a lawyer but never hired one until the very end at the request of TV guy doing the stuff. That still took him about 2 years, what finally summed it were the fingerprints on the birth record.
You'll have to get a lawyer and make some kind of formal complaint to the police and courts if you want to live a normal life. Because this little cocksucker got my dad audited by the IRS.
Here's a link for some reference of proof

www.enquirer.com/editions/2000/08/19/loc_identity_theft_puts.html
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hate to say this but I when I use to roof in the summertime for my dad, he employed a David "Rocky"Bartlett. Found out it was some guys name in Tipp City. He even used the name to marry a Kathy Peltier. We found out his real first name was Charles, but the rest who knows and who cares.
He even stole the guys nickname and S.S.# as well as going to the place where this guy was raised and saying it was him and got a copy of his birth certificate.
If that was a kick in the nuts enough, I believe the home was for orphaned children who lost their parents  while parents were in the service.
 I know for a fact it took the gentleman in Tipp well over 10 years to finally have his name cleared. What summed it belive it or not was "Turn to 2" a  TV channel out of Dayton. The gentleman took some advice from a lawyer but never hired one until the very end at the request of TV guy doing the stuff. That still took him about 2 years, what finally summed it were the fingerprints on the birth record.
You'll have to get a lawyer and make some kind of formal complaint to the police and courts if you want to live a normal life. Because this little cocksucker got my dad audited by the IRS.
Here's a link for some reference of proof

www.enquirer.com/editions/2000/08/19/loc_identity_theft_puts.html

damn, damn, DAMN...DAMMIT!!!!.....this is going to cost me money, and piss me off even more.....I should've kicked his ass when I first found out.....DAMN
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you know what jurisdictions made the entries?  That is your first step.  Then call the court or police department that made the entry(s).  Explain your situation and be prepared to jump through what ever hoops they make you jump through.  

I would not send the money on an attorney without trying to do it myself first.  

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#8]
www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

Best place to start is this link. If I were I try to get ahold of Mr. Bartlett to see what finally made them arrest the cocksucker who stole his. I was getting most of my info from "his wife" a lady scorned is not a good thing.
As you read he had people in the Governor's office helping for him, and when that was published it still took him about 4 years to get resolved. Before he tried to clear it up by himself. There are certain forms that have to be filed in a certain way by a certain date.
Whatever you do, do not touch him or make threats of any kind towards towards him, even though he richly deserves an ass whooping, in the end it will only hurt you that much more.
Now that I think about would they charge you with assault against yourself? Just trying to bring a little humor for you in a time would you could really use it.
Call the people above, don't e-mail them to get the ball rolling. It could not hurt by talking to an attorney, one who specializes in this shit. This also happened this past summer or spring in Urbana, Ohio. The woman I believe got 2 weeks in jail and was told to pay restitution and write a letter of apology. Kind of a lite sentence wouldn't you say?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

Best place to start is this link. If I were I try to get ahold of Mr. Bartlett to see what finally made them arrest the cocksucker who stole his. I was getting most of my info from "his wife" a lady scorned is not a good thing.
As you read he had people in the Governor's office helping for him, and when that was published it still took him about 4 years to get resolved. Before he tried to clear it up by himself. There are certain forms that have to be filed in a certain way by a certain date.
Whatever you do, do not touch him or make threats of any kind towards towards him, even though he richly deserves an ass whooping, in the end it will only hurt you that much more.
Now that I think about would they charge you with assault against yourself? Just trying to bring a little humor for you in a time would you could really use it.
Call the people above, don't e-mail them to get the ball rolling. It could not hurt by talking to an attorney, one who specializes in this shit. This also happened this past summer or spring in Urbana, Ohio. The woman I believe got 2 weeks in jail and was told to pay restitution and write a letter of apology. Kind of a lite sentence wouldn't you say?

what should've tipped me off was when I had a traffic ticket in '04 and they almost wanted to arrest me, because they thought I was this guy. After looking at his mugshot on the computer in the cruiser, and at me, they were smart enough to realize we were not the same person. I didn't think much of it, although I obviously should have. The issue didn't surface again until Jan.'05, when I tried to purchase an AR15, and the dealer said it was "the fastest denial he ever had".....I'm going to call the court today, and see what they say. It was in Cleveland, so I'm not expecting much cooperation. I'll keep this updated. I also heard from the CCW instructor that I HAVE to clear this up, BEFORE I can get my permit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a packet that I made up that pertains to identity theft.  I paas it out to people that I have taken reports from that are victims of identity theft.  It has some good information in it as to who you can contact to resolve situations like this.  I am on days off and when I geo back to work, I will send it to you, I have it saved on my computer at work.  Hopefully it will help.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top