Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:18:54 PM EDT
I'm going to walk a few new guys through an AK build, and I need a source for QUALITY receivers. I have told them to buy romy kits with matching numbers, and given them basic guidlines for us parts. I told them I would find someone local that has receivers. I'm looking for 2-10 receivers, I'll know more later. Who stocks these locally? These guys are from my church, I'd like to make it easy for them to do their first build. Anyone else want to get in on the party? I don't have a date yet, or location. For now it's 2 guys, hopefully (and likely) more to come. Who is the surplus guy from millersport that always goes to the pro shows?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Myself,  Chromeluv,  and about 6 other guys are doing a group build.  We ordered our receivers from Global Trades,  and it'll take us 6-8 weeks to get them.   Seems like no one has these in stock right now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Myself,  Chromeluv,  and about 6 other guys are doing a group build.  We ordered our receivers from Global Trades,  and it'll take us 6-8 weeks to get them.   Seems like no one has these in stock right now.

yeah, I thought AK receivers could be found underneath the couch...i was wrong

avail. is tight..
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I just purchased a receiver. I'm looking for help with assembly as I don't have any tools to rivet the trunnions. I'm located around the Columbus area.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Central Ohio also and have recently started browing the AK board and the "do it yourself receiver" idea is very interesting. Unfortunately I know NOTHING about AK's.  If anyone has room in one of the group builds for a newbe, I'd be interested. Plus it would be nice to meet some of the fellas from this forum.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm up for a build party as long as there is not 2ft of snow on the ground and the drive is not far. I am in Mansfield.
Hmm Receivers... I picked up 2 OOW receivers at the Medina funshow a few months back and I bought a Yugo receiver from NoDakSpud off gunbroker.

I can bring some tools...A bolt cutter modified rivet squeezer, maybe some rivets from the latest group buy, trigger guard jig, and a xebec press kit. I need to build 2 AKM's and a Yugo M70 AB2

Let me know, [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
So does that mean 4-6 weeks untill your party? I can't use my shop for a group build as it is in the middle of Kolumbus. Mind if I bring a couple guys?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately I don't have a shop and I'm also located in the middle of the no-fun weapons zone, but I'd be happy to help any other way. Should I buy some rivets, or would someone be willing to sell me a set?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a SA-85 that I want to put together. But Im not gonna order any receivers from the companys that have them at the moment. DCI is going to be coming out with a receiver soon and from the support I got from them, Ill be waiting for it to be finished. And BTW, it is suppose to be the most correct AKM receiver made. It will have all the dimples and markings of a origional SA-85 receiver. They did a poll a while back and they decided to copy that receiver.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Kc8ard, (and timberghost) I'll make sure to get ahold of you if we end up doing a seperate party. I.M. me your info. I'll probably end up ordering a big bag of rivets for these other guys. Bryan, Do you still have e-clips (didn't you buy a bag?)? I'm trying to help these guys, but I am no pro, 1 build under my belt. My biggest problem is my home shop is not properly equiped, and my equiped shop is out of the question (right in the middle of kol's I don't need the heat). This build will be either 2 guys or a large group, does anyone have a material list and tool list already made up? I'm sure I could write my own, but I'm afraid I'll forget something and ruin the build party. Thanks for the help guys. Anyone got the phone number for Robert LaPlante? I think that is the guys name, sets up around the middle of the pro shows. He normaly has a few receivers, had a screw build a few months ago, lots of surplus ammo/pouches ext., and some polish kits. One last question in this post, Are the global trades receivers good ones? I built my yugo on a DCI and loved it, but have heard that most are not that well made. Reptilex72 if I do  party it will likely be east of columbus. Any tools to make it easier would be welcome (as well as any experience brought along). I.M me with info so I can start making a list. I did my build with a big hammer and some home made tools. (I cheated with a press) I'd love to try out some of these rivet jigs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
If ya set up a party Ill come along to help others and also bring along my baggie of E-clips.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Pudwak,
I just need to know a date then I can find out if my schedule is clear. I am going to build a up a yugo this weekend. Impatience is killing me plus I wanna try the U-drive screw method.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#13]
OOW that makes the recievers they are only about hour away from me I called them and they said I could go and pick them up after I ordered them that way I dont have to pay shipping or a FFL fee I think I am going to go that way and not wait 4-6 weeks to get it  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top