Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:09:36 PM EDT
I pretty much have my mind made up that this is going to be my next rifle, has anyone seen this rifle at the berea gun show? I hope so..because im ordering ammo in advance so I can shoot it the day I buy it.  And also, someone said they run like 100-150... I wanna get one with the best quality stock and bore as possible... and would be willing to spend up to about 200 if its in excellent shape.  I have heard nothing but good things about this rifle.. It can do 1 moa groups.. straight pull bolt action so its friendly for lefties like me.. Im pretty much sold.  The only negative thing ive heard was ammo is expensive... which is true, but wolf is coming out with 7.5x55 soon, so that wont be an issue much longer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
reckon you have seen these already, but AIM surplus has them.

aim k31 page

oooh, only $10 for sling and muzzle cap!

edit for spelling and grammar, and to add: the guys I know who have them, love them for the way they shoot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

aim k31 page

edit for spelling and grammar, and to add: the guys I know who have them, love them for the way they shoot.

Good deal, but not an option for me... I am not eligible for an FFL because I am not 21 yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
you do not need to be a FFL to buy from AIM SURPLUS.... just drive to middletown , an walk into their little closet of a showroom, an buy it! , after filling out the paperwork, and waiting 10 min for approval from the NICS background check.  ( only 18 yrs old to buy long guns )

no muss, no fuss....

colt!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

aim k31 page

Good deal, but not an option for me... I am not eligible for an FFL because I am not 21 yet.

You can just walk in and pick it up from their door. I bought my AR lower there and I was 18 at the time, remember its 18 for longuns in OH. If you live really far you can always have them ship it to your local FFL. But IMO its worth the drive, I always come home with more than I intended to purchase.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

aim k31 page

You can just walk in and pick it up from their door. I bought my AR lower there and I was 18 at the time, remember its 18 for longuns in OH. If you live really far you can always have them ship it to your local FFL. But IMO its worth the drive, I always come home with more than I intended to purchase.

Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 43 minutes     Total Est. Distance: 209.03 miles

lol... I think its pretty much out of the question to drive there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one and I love it as well. Wolf already makes the ammo for it and it is reloadable as well. Here are some links for ya for ammo.

www.ammunitionstore.com/pricelist_75swiss.htm
www.cheaperthandirt.com/75x55swi_cfd.htm
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have one and I love it as well. Wolf already makes the ammo for it and it is reloadable as well. Here are some links for ya for ammo.

www.ammunitionstore.com/pricelist_75swiss.htm
www.cheaperthandirt.com/75x55swi_cfd.htm

I tried to order from ammunition store last night, it was a pain to say the least.. I wish they would update to at least 1997 by making an "add to cart" option.  I had to pen down all the item numbers.. Fill out some form with my name, address, and such and submit it to them for future orders or whatever.  I did not feel comfortable filling that out though, because there was no secure lock icon in the bottom right that I always look for when I am giving out very personal information.    But I did it anyway, and I put my item numbers and quantities last night and submitted, but this was just for a shipping quote.. And I still have not received the email back on the price yet.. So I figure by the time I actually order from them and get the ammo, it will probably be like a year.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:39:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Have had mine for a couple of years, bought it from Arms Depot in Dayton - pick of the litter cost me $140.00.  Ammo is expensive (~$0.40/round for Swiss Berdan primed surplus) so I bought 200 rounds of brass from Buffalo Arms (good guys) with a Graf headstamp.  I shoot the Berdan when I can't recover the brass - recoil is stiff but not too bad.  Accuracy is very good.  
The rifle likes heavier bullets 168gr +.  I purchased 500 173gr FMJBT and loaded them in front of 45.0 grains of H4831 and a WLR primer (starting load per Lee manual) and went no further.  Relatively mild load and very accurate.  

(H4831 is also good in my 30-06 bolt gun with heavy bullets but I believe that it would be too slow for a Garand - bent operating rod syndrome).

Spare mags cost half the price of the rifle (around $60.00) so watch that you don't loose it.  6 round chargers (Swiss version of the stripper clip) can be found for about $20.00 per dozen and will hold up fairly well with careful use.  Getting the last round in the magazine from the charger is a little tricky but not bad once you get the hang of it.  

Fit and finish on a good one is excellent and I have never had a failure to feed or extract, but in looking at the mechanism, I would wonder how well it would have held up in a wartime environment.  

Overall a great rifle.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#10]
i just bought 2 at the columbus gun shot for 140.00 each,really clean. i am also buying some from a friend who owns a gun shop here they are covered in grease buy i dont care.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top