Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/7/2006 6:46:54 AM EDT
After the little fiasco with the disconnector spring, I have put over 600 rounds through it no problem at all. The lower is Olympic, everything else is Dpms including the lower parts kit
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice build
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!Now beat that thing up a little to knock the shine off it!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#3]
man.....if guns had tits and tires............we'd be set!.........very pretty.....can I touch it?....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
NICE looking AR.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
"little fiasco with the disconnector spring" I know how that goes. My buddy brought his first build out, one squeeze and several shots later I told him to disassemble that thing NOW. Spring was missing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool!

Where did the barrel come from?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:51:50 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not that clean now.
I'd like to thank the people from del-ton, jse-surplus, brownells and DPMS. Including tools to assemble the beast I'm at $670 about  $150 less than the Panther Carbines and close to $200 less than the Bushmasters at AIMsurplus.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:06:07 AM EDT
[#8]
great looking rifle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
barrel came from del-ton,bought the kit, very organized every piece other than barrel, nut, and front sight, was individually shrink wrapped, Had it in 4 days

upper receiver, bolt,carrier, and stock -Jsesurplus- whatever day they say you'll get it add one day USPS shipping only

Lower parts kit and upper parts kit- Brownells (had a gift certificate)

lower was From ORF, the man talked me in to it

Tools -upper receiver block- Brownells
armorers wrench- Dpms- wife bought at an auction for $8 still in plastic
lower receiver block, scrap 2x4's and plywood in garage took about 45 minutes to make and cost was about 75 cents

FINALLY JOINED THE SITE AS A MEMBER
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
barrel came from del-ton,bought the kit, very organized every piece other than barrel, nut, and front sight, was individually shrink wrapped, Had it in 4 days

upper receiver, bolt,carrier, and stock -Jsesurplus- whatever day they say you'll get it add one day USPS shipping only

Lower parts kit and upper parts kit- Brownells (had a gift certificate)

lower was From ORF, the man talked me in to it

Tools -upper receiver block- Brownells
armorers wrench- Dpms- wife bought at an auction for $8 still in plastic
lower receiver block, scrap 2x4's and plywood in garage took about 45 minutes to make and cost was about 75 cents

FINALLY JOINED THE SITE AS A MEMBER

You get alot of satisafaction building something like that as well as a better understanding of how it works and how to troubleshoot problems. Looks like you did good.

What better way to celebrate than becoming a team member ...and maybe a mag dump

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks pretty good, now start bolting shit onto it!

I just put together my first upper from parts, lotta fun it's damn easy as rifle builds go.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top